It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Mothers Day To All Of You Moms!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just a quick note to say Happy Mothers Day to all of you moms. Being a Mom is damn hard work. I don't know how my beautiful wife does it. She is Super Mom!

So again - HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Thankyou. This will be the first one without my Mom. Also my Daughter, and she was the mother of a 3 year old daughter. Its going to be a rough one so again thankyou.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Oh... I understand now....

I've been getting e-mails from Hallmark reminding me to get my mother's day cards and flowers for a couple of weeks and I was thinking, "Hang on, it was 2 months ago...."

I didn't realise your Mothers Day was on a different day to the UK. Ours is on March 23rd.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I didn't realise your Mothers Day was on a different day to the UK. Ours is on March 23rd.

I don't think you've thought that through...

In the UK, Mother's Day [Mothering Sunday] actually falls on the fourth Sunday in Lent.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
mother's day.. such a stupid holiday. aren't we supposed to treat our mothers with love and respect every day? this is just another stupid greeting card holiday that leads to the types of waste that fuel the consumerist machine.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Originally posted by stumason

I don't think you've thought that through...

In the UK, Mother's Day [Mothering Sunday] actually falls on the fourth Sunday in Lent.

Yes. is in fact March the 18th this year. My bad...

No wonder my mum is pissed off with me...

[edit on 12/5/07 by stumason]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Wait... It's mother's day this sunday?

Thanks guys, your're life savers...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
There's Mother's Day on different dates for every country I believe. I know there's never Mother's Day in Denmark and Norway at the same time. And Mother's Day is not now, neither in Denmark nor Norway. And also not in the UK, I have heard. But it might be in the US...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Happy Mother's Day to all of the ATS Moms!

Here is a list of International Mother's Days. That is the days and countries where Mother's Day is celebratedMother's Day around the world

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Here is a list of International Mother's Days.
Mother's Day around the world

Wow, it is Mother's Day in Denmark today after all! I can't believe I missed that.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
mother's day.. such a stupid holiday. aren't we supposed to treat our mothers with love and respect every day? this is just another stupid greeting card holiday that leads to the types of waste that fuel the consumerist machine.

Yes you are. Unless of course you had a horrid mother who didn't/doesn't deserve to so much as have a roach for a pet, much less a child to raise.

That doesn't mean having an official holiday for mothers is stupid. Out of all the days you try to make special for your mother, you can go the extra mile and make Mother's Day even more special, and all without spending a dime, to fuel the "consumerist machine" as you so put it.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yes, Happy Mothers Day to all Moms here at ATS and everywhere.

Dallas

new topics

top topics

join