It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to lose weight...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Err I always like to encourage walking...but the mall probably is not a good place....There is way too many distractions....like the food court (which usually never has anything healthy to offer) stopping to shop, or chat with a friend, coffee those sugary hell holes.....

Oh i forgot to mention, I do my walking hours before the mall shops open. The same time all the senior citz seem to go. I keep walking, and don't stop. It's like an indoor track, which is nice, cause we don't have anything like that around here. I usually leave as the mall starts receiving employees, so i don't get tempted to spend money. I have a bad habit of sending someone knicknacks that i don't have the money really for.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm also trying to lose weight. My best advice is to get active and stay active. I also found that since I started drinking more water and milk the weight is coming off easier. Eating right and being active is working for me. Congrats on breaking your plateau keep up the good work.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
milks for babies.

weight watchers is a joke.
(not saying u cant loose weight on it... but its not efficient)

if u want to nip this in the bud for the rest of your life staying away from fads...
try looking here...

www.vizualxcellence.com/programs/swolegenix.html

and or here...

www.johnstonefitness.com/

look around.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sounds like you have a good plan.

You're burning about 150-200 calories by walking brisk pace for an hour.

If you run into trouble, check out Fitday.com, a free, no-spam online calorie counter. It really helps.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I needed to lose weight after reaching 16 stone around 1.5 years ago (I'm 6ft 4 btw) so I did something about it and started doing exercise. I lost a few pounds, but injured my knee so had to stop. Then I lost interest.

Around a month and a half ago I restarted it - I weighed 14 stone 3 pounds at the start. I followed some routines and dietary advice, and thought I'd cut out carbohydrates from my diet. You see carbs are a common cause of diabetes and obesity in the Western world. High carb food usually is high in sugars and high sugar in your blood causes your pancreas to release insulin. Insulin then produces energy, and if you're not doing anything the energy has no where to go so gets stored as excess body fat.

You see the common mis conception is that even if you have 1 meal a day and kind of starve yourself you will lose weight. But scientists have said that you only make a resistance to insulin. And you can jog all the time and do fitness but never shed any weight causing pain and distress all round, wondering why to bother.

So I started a low carbohydrate diet, cutting out all cookies, crisps, bread, potatoes, pasta etc...from my diet and I jog half a mile every other day. I lost 4 pounds in 5 days! Yes in 5 days! I did a lot of research on the internet prior to going low carb (there are for's and against's for the programme) - and found that at the start you will lose a lot of weight from simply water loss. I'm still losing weight but, you see I haven't gone crazy and cut out every single bit of carbohydrate from my diet, only the bread, potatoes, pasta and crisps and sweet items. I just very rarely eat these now. I feel trimmer and much better about myself.

You see, everything must be done in moderation. On the low carb, you should be only eating mostly protein foods and you can have as much of these per day. Therefore you never have to go hungry. You can eat as much meat, cheese, eggs, vegetables and fruit as you want. Just stuff your face full of it! You see eating proteins produces the alternative to insulin from the pancreas (I can't remember the name) and this actually burns the fatty deposits because it needs energy and takes the energy from the fat stores!

I'd recommend it, but don't be silly! Just take everything in moderation and you need will power. Don't eat bread, potatoes, pasta, crisps, and anything high in sugear and you will be starting well.

P.s I'm 13 stone 8 pounds now at 6foot 4 inches tall. Well in the normal weight for my height and body mass. 16 stone a while ago was way too damn high. 2 stone off 18! Yikes!

[edit on 21-7-2007 by Arawn]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join