It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you be celibate?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I am celibate, sort of by choice and by situation.

I don't intend to be all the time mind you, hell I would'nt mind trying to break the record
for the most sex in a lifetime, but that probably wont happen.

Now, as to why I am.

Well up until a few years ago I was'nt exactly the ideal of attractivity, so that sort of
made me celibate from 10-17.
Apart from that, well I'm not really good with people, and am not exactly someone who can
form relationships very easily.
Now of course I know someone will think something like "Well why not just do one-night-stands
or indiscriminate sex?", well I'm not really comfortable with that, sex for me is not something
I could just do with a bunch of people I'd never met and would most likely never see again.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If I told you this you wouldn't believe me...

I don't "whack off"; I never found it pleasurable. I know a lot of you will have trouble believing that, but I assure you its true.

I just don't.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komeiNow of course I know someone will think something like "Well why not just do one-night-stands
or indiscriminate sex?", well I'm not really comfortable with that, sex for me is not something
I could just do with a bunch of people I'd never met and would most likely never see again.

100% agreed. I dislike sex for the sake of sex. I couldn't just you know screw and leave.

I'd need to love the person...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
I'd need to love the person...

Yeah, I am the same. Perhaps I am not loving enough cos its been forever!!!... lol

I don't think its something I came out and said, I intend to be celibate, but it just happened. *cough...I don't even want to say how long it has been but its longer than MMF...
and I did laugh, thanks Major for the celibRate reply... ha ha

The other reason is I think for me is I have this unconscious NO thang happening...like a guy, might ask me out and I just say NO thanks...then I go home and think... wtf is going on with me? lol

I just wont go out and pick up and get laid. I could quite easily, if you want it, you can get it anywhere but that mindset is a turn off. I have to feel a soul deep connection. And perhaps that is why I have this automated NO thanks reply? ...the majority of men just want to exercise their penis and not their heart so...

... yes I am celibate but I didnt consciously choose to be...

ha ha I just read another response and I was thinking and laughing, I wish I could be a little more sex orientated cos.... back in the days, I remember it was gooooooooooooooooood..... lol

[edit on 13-5-2007 by NJE777]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yeah, the whole idea of sex for the sake of quick and uncommitted gratification is not what would make me happy in the long term.

It only provides a temporary solution to a physical need. How long does the satisfaction last before that need has to be met again? Sometimes at emotional or psycological cost!

There was nothing worse than being at the end of a physical relationship, feeling sad, and having your so-called friends, both male and female saying things like: "you just need a quick shag, then you'll be OK"!

No, I won't actually, thankyou very much!

I needed love, affection, understanding, commitment, something deeper and more rewarding than just a quick physical act. But because I was a "male", they only saw the stereotype of "male" an not an individual.

I once heard someone say: "men fall in love to have sex, and women have sex to fall in love"!

Guys, Gals, how true do you think this? Is this where a lot of relationship problems have come from due to false intentions?

Take "sex" out of the equation and what do you have left....True Love?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I couldn't even get myself to enjoy sex for the sake of sex, ever. I wouldn't enjoy it. Its just shallow.

It ticks me off when sex itself is all people care about... *sighs*

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Take "sex" out of the equation and what do you have left....True Love?

Call me bitter if you must but I'm not sure I believe in "true love." There's just love. You enjoy it while you have it, and when you don't you get on with your life. I've always thought the guy I was with was my "true love" and they all turned out to be morons, abusers, scumbags or just plain losers of one stripe or another, not worth my love in the long run.

Perhaps the only true love there is, is the love of a parent for its child. Everything else is transitory. People who find someone they love for a whole lifetime are the exceptions to the rule. (And are very fortunate into the bargain).

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I think it's easy to be celibate... not like quiting anything at all. I've never been a fan of sex.. i could live my whole life with out it.

Course in my younger days, i was considering a life as a nun.. lol. So maybe some people lack sex drive.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JessicaS
Course in my younger days, i was considering a life as a nun.. lol. So maybe some people lack sex drive.

There's a difference between no sex drive, and not meeting the right person. Which is it?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
That's hard to answer.. I've only met one guy who could turn me on... but, that ship sailed.. and I never did think he would of thought of me in that way.. and since he is one in a billion... i seriously doubt i will feel the same again. So...

take your pick.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
from majormalfunction:

Call me bitter if you must but I'm not sure I believe in "true love." There's just love.

When I said "True Love", I wasn't really referring to an idividual as such, but like you said, just "Love".

Love we can feel in every sense but physical. For good friends, family, nature, ourselves, pets and even god for those who are religious.

Love that comes from somewhere other than our dangley and squidgy bits.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by souls
Ok, your celibacy is not by choice, so in order to satisfy your instincts masturbation is necessary, and to a certain degree you accomplish satisfaction, which in turn releases stress, and gives you that sense of well being.

What do you mean it's not by choice? I don't make a concerted effort to date. So really, yeah, it is by choice.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well, you said your celibacy is based on.. hold on...let me get the quote.

originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I choose to be celibate because I have some psychological issues that inhibits my degree of confidence. I am very insecure and don't really feel comfortable taking the initiative to approach women. I mean, that's on me.

To me this says that your lack of confidence is attributing to your celibacy. True, confidence really is all in the mind, but you are not choosing to be insecure, that is how you have been shaped. So, I felt safe to assume it was not necessarily your choice in the first place.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by souls]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I am too talented.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I am too talented.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by Lysergic]

Care togive us all a video demonstration to back-up those claims.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I am Russian soldier. The lone wolf. Yes, call me the lone wolf. It is my clique. I am and will remain single till the day I die. And yes, it is an advantage. I get all the sex I want from as many girls as I want and as many as I want at the same time. I get peace and quiet, and a lot of much needed time alone (hence the name lone wolf). I need space and room and an atmosphere to think and do my work. Speaking of work, work is one of the most important things to me. Military will soon be my job. Also I'm stress free. Not to mention I don't love, never have loved, hell I don't even know this emotion. Its absent in me, I don't know what it is, and I don't like seeing love, for some reason. And I get to hang with my friends as much as I want.

Kacen said he hates when people only care about sex. Sorry, but I care about sex very very much. Not really my fault, my body makes me
, blame my body, not me. 100% of the time its on my mind
. Ah, single life, I love it so much

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Russian soldier, you got some serious hang ups.

IMO it is nearly impossible to be truly celibate, meaning not having sex or masturbating. It is this reason that I believe they should allow Catholic priests to marry.

i also believe that being celibate is not good for you mentally, at least that has been true in my own life.

I tried to be celibate once, but couldn't do it. If I don't release some of that sexual energy, I will explode.

I have an insane libido, it's like I can never get enough. Of course, this doesn't mean that I don't set boundaries on myself.

Occasionally I will test my will to see how long I can go without sex.

[edit on 24-6-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i think my ladyfriend would have some serious issues with me being celibate...
so no.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Russian soldier, you got some serious hang ups.

[edit on 24-6-2007 by thehumbleone]

What does that mean?

Russian soldier got it pimping, even inspired some members to do the same
I am so proud of you guys, lol

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier

What does that mean?

It basically means you got some issues you need to take care of.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join