It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to get six pack abs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Does anyone here have a six pack? ha or an eight pack? i cant even get a six pack.

I would to go the gym every day but im at work for 10 hours.

Whats a good quick no steroid way to get me a six pack???

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
If you're young, go for it. Me, I have more like a keg.

It takes a lot of work, but once you get started, I hear it gets easier.

Also what I have heard, your diet is all imoportant. Working out doesn't work, if you don't watch the way you eat.

[edit on 5/11/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Blow em up, cut em out and wear em.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
has anyone tried those "electronic ab workout" belts. you wrap it around and it pulsates your abs. i dont think they work very well.

SR

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Start packing on that protein any which way you can while watching what you eat at the same time and try and get a hobby that makes you get a basic form of exercise at least so you can condition your chest and no killing two birds with one stone by thinking that going to the gym at the weekend is a hobby it wont work.

Ontop of all that you will have to work out for fifthteen minutes min - sixty minutes max on the weights low or high and doing exercises such as bench crunches etc. the good thing about this is you don't need to do it everyday otherwise you'll fail miserably and not achieve it. I know after a hard day at the grind the last thing anybody wants to do is exercise well try and make time in the morning or late at night before bed.

The key to success is patience you just have to plod along and do it the boring way which also happens to be the right way there are no quick short cuts such as these chest machines they just 'AID' you they are not the answer i'm afraid otherwise everyone would be ripped you got to put your own time, blood, sweat and tears into and you'll get there in the end with the best results.

So basically:

Start drinking lots of water and i mean loads like two litres not straight away but build up to that it helps put your body into shock and waters good for your muscles and body anyway.

Fruit, vegetables, chicken, brown bread etc. eat things packed with protein but at the same time your going to have to be mr low fat food so when your next on lunch and you think hmmmmm i'll have a burger today stop yourself and go get a chicken sandwhich from subway or something.

Your going to feel the difference along time before you see it but don't worry you will see it soon it's just an uphill struggle and many people give up and feel because they don't see results as soon as they wanted that they've failed or it isn't working.

Just keep ontop of your morale i never noticed any difference in my body and for a while i was like peeved but when i was out one night i was getting attention from really really fine girls a few of them came up and were telling me i was hot etc. even one kept grabbing my ass lol she was like obessed with it's firmness or something anyway suddenly like i'm being noticed more and more brought me up and gave me more determination to carry on of course lol that also shows the shallowness of society because i do have a brain and wished sometimes people would be more interested in that but anyway hot girl ticket yes siree!!

As time goes by your going to have to up the amount of exercises to target different muscle groups and reps etc. but you'll be a hell of alot fitter etc. when you come to this and sail through it.

Erm that's all i can think at the moment i would advise that you go see a personal trainer or someone down at the gym who can actually see you pshyically and can determine what the best crunches and exercises would be for you as an individual cause not all of the same exercises work for the same people as well.

Good luck

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I found that getting some really cool six pack abs was so easy!
I went to the tattoo parlor and had them tattoo six pack abs on my belly. It looks so cool! Like when I'm at the beach, and take off my shirt - everyone looks at me. I bet they're all thinkin' "Man, he's like Mr. Ripped!" And I'll just stand there and flex and stuff. I have to be careful though so my big beer belly, and man-boobs don't start jiggling - that throws the illusion off a little.............

SR

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
I went to the tattoo parlor and had them tattoo six pack abs on my belly. It looks so cool! Like when I'm at the beach, and take off my shirt - everyone looks at me. I bet they're all thinkin' "Man, he's like Mr. Ripped!" And I'll just stand there and flex and stuff. I have to be careful though so my big beer belly, and man-boobs don't start jiggling - that throws the illusion off a little.............

LMFAO!!!!! Somehow i can imagine that but lmao

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SR

Originally posted by lombozo

LMFAO!!!!! Somehow i can imagine that but lmao

Thanks SR! Glad I could put a smile on your face!

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
LOL! Lombozo, you go man

I have a 4 pack right now, I am sure 2 more will soon be born, I do 80 "custom" (meaning I made them up) situps. In this situps, you lie on a bed with your butt in midair and your back on the bed, basically you are on the corner of the bed, half body on bed, and legs off bed, and you have your hands on your neck in situp position. Then you go up, like doing a situp, but not all the way up, and at the same time lift your legs, bent toward you. Make the ankles touch your elbows. Start with like 30 and work your way up

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Loads of aerobic exercise is the best way to start. The biggest mistake that most people make is to do loads of abdo exercises but forget the fact that there is a layer of fat covering the abdomen. You could do sit-ups all day but that won't get rid of the fat covering the muscles (it takes approx 10'000 sit-ups to burn off 1lb of fat).

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
lifting weights isn't gonna get you abs. the best way to do it is a good diet, and running, or atleast i would say if you want sure results. i know a couple of people that use those ab lounge things. they make you a little skinnier, but i don't know a person who has used it and has a six pack now. just my opinion, good luck.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
6 packs are overrated!!! hahahaha i like two packs like the two defininng lines man i used to
but stuffs comoing back slowly

anyway i heard the key is cardio u can do a million crunches and it dont do anything unless your heart rate is up so i think maybe u can jog or jump rop for like 15 minutes then just do ab workouts..the pilates one is dope!!

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I used to have quite a slab, but I don't worry about it now. My gut is still pretty flat, but that's because I have to keep fit for my job. Now that I'm getting past my prime I also really have to work on staying fighting fit! I was training for a course that was pretty physically demanding about a year ago, and I posted my build-up workout regimen for it here.

If you follow this but make sure you put at least two abdo exercises in at the end of the main exercise (minimum 4 sets of 15 reps per exercise)then you'll be on your way to getting a decent six-pack.

SR

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Lifting weights WILL HELP you get a six pack but as i've already said it won't do it alone and you have to have a hobby that target's your muscle groups and improves your cardio. Lifting weights will first help burn fat as the larger a muscle is the more it takes to sustain it so as already metioned if your watching your diet as you need to you will be fine you'll be defining your chest more as the muscles go harder.

Weight's have everything to do with getting Abs seeing as push-ups, pull-ups, crunches, diamond push-ups, Situps are using your own BODY WEIGHT any way.

Weighted crunches and deadlifts etc. twice a week make all the difference ontop of a few pull ups, ab twists, bicycle etc. etc.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Aye, weights are excellent. Think about it logically -

Muscle needs energy to sustain and build itself.

As you lift weights the body will become more efficient at using fats to create the energy required to break down and build more efficient muscles. It doesn't matter where the muscle is, it still needs energy to supply it.

Unfortunately the human body has evolved to become very efficient at storing energy (fat) reserves in case of a lack of food. In the average male excess fat is generally stored around the middle. In ye olde days these stores were used up quite quickly as food was a lot harder to come by. This is not really an issue in modern western society, but someone forgot to tell evolution - hence lots of fat bloaters. That's why it is so difficult to get the six-pack up.

Hate to break it to you, but the only way to develop abdominal tone is by combining aerobic, anaerobic and isotonic/resistance exercises, working hard and regularly, and having a healthy diet.

As I have already stated the body is very efficient and adapts quite quickly to increased muscle demands. This means that it will adapt to an exercise regimen, reducing its' efficiency. Therefore the routine needs to be changed and increased every 6 weeks or so.

It's a bit more complicated than doing 50 sit-ups 3 times a week I'm afraid

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I know how to get abbs in two weeks. I have done this, and it works!

Lay on your back, lift your knees over your abbs and do a crunch. But instead of laying back down, hold it until you feel the pain. You need to hold it at least 5 seconds. Then lie back down and repeat two sets of 50 reps. That is 100 a day. While you are doing all of this, move your legs back and forth but keeping them parallel to the ground. Like a bike riding motion.

Now the only way for a crunch to work is if you don't raise your lower back, you only raise your right. And also do not put your chin to your chest, because that cancles out your abb tensing.

Now make sure you do that everyday, and you will see major improvements. And also make sure it hurts, because that means your muscles are growing.

Also it's imperative that you eat alot of protien. Otherwise your muscles will never strengthen. You should eat alot of lean meats, turkey, roast beef, chicken. There is also a protien bar called Bio Protien that should be sold at the organic section a grocery store. Those bars each have over 20 grams of protien in them, but unfortunately they are extremely expensive.
So unless you can afford them, I would just stick to meat.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
First things first, if you have fat around your belly it wont matter how much sit ups you do, you'll never be able to see your abs as long as you have a layer of fat over them.

You have to be at about 10% body fat before you can see your abs.

Another common misconception is that doing sit ups will make you lose fat. That is false, sit ups will only develop your abdominals, if you want to lose fat you must do cardiovascular workouts such as running, biking ect.

Sit ups are also a high rep exercise, meaning you should do at least three sets of 20-25 reps if you want to see results, 10 sit ups are not going to cut it. If that is too hard for you, start a little lower, but always work your way up and even do weighted sit ups when regular ones become too easy.

Hope that helps.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that you can't actually get rid of fat cells once they are formed. You can only shrink them which takes using the energy stored in them. When you expend more calories than you consume, your body dips into these fat reserves to make up the difference. This is why there is no such thing as spot reduction. You cannot force your body to reduce fat in one area only by working that area.

Six pack abs do indeed require very low body fat because they require definition. You can only get that by having very little fat between your skin and your muscles.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I was an intense workout fanatic since i was about 10 years old and my abs were tight. Even after giving birth to 5 kids (not all at once), I never had a stretch mark and my gut went back to being tight before my 6 week check up. Then I hurt my back and can't do a lot of the crunches and weight lifting i once did. I'm absolutely mortified by how quickly the body goes to hell if you don't exercise. In 6 months of recuperating on workers comp, i gained 20 pounds and put on quite a pot belly. It's not fair, I tell you.

I bought an ab lounger but it hurts my back to use it. It's biodegrading on the back deck along with the weight machine. I got one of those belts that's supposed to send an electrical signal to stimulate your muscle to contract. I had it cranked up to full power and could barely tell it was on. Useless.
I'd like to get a t.e.n.s. unit but you have to have a prescription and doctors who are quite willing to prescribe a lifetime of oxycontin for me are adamantly opposed to prescribing a tens unit.
Ebay is the next step.
I eat right and walk quite a bit on my job but it doesn't seem to be enough. None of the things I've done for years to stay in shape are options for me now.
All the advice already given is good advice but not for people with ruptured or herniated discs. BTW, if anyone knows where I can get a tens unit......

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
yup as the humble one says u need to get your body fat down

u can do situps till the cows come home but if you have fat you must burn it (sit ups WONT burn it) do cardio or cut calories(espeically sugars/flour/alcohol/saturated fats)

also genetics play a big role some people have 12 % bodyfat yet great abs , others have 10% but hold it all in there abs and love handles. so some need to get lower percentage than others, and eat more carefully than others as well.

if you can't cut your appetite and you are trying to lose the last 5 pounds, try a caffeine drink ( as long as you have a healthy heart and don't plan on exercising in 130 degree heat w/ 3 sweaters on) this will lower your appetite and also increase your metabolic rate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join