It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone here on ATS ever actually seen a UFO?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I have this uncanny ability to talk to old people and get them to divulge their experiences, I nearly always steer the conversation towards the paranormal and over to UFO's as its been a life long interest of mine.

Not once has any of the old people even seen anything remotely close to a UFO nor experienced anything paranormal, they for the better part have no knowledge of this field. Now given that some might not want to talk about this subject most don't even flinch or show signs of hiding anything.

Having said that I was once priveledged to hear a relatively young farmer talk about his experience crossing the Nullabour Plains back in the 70"s and this left no doubt in my mind that something is out there.

[edit on 13-5-2007 by mazzroth]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I've had 2 experiences. First was in 1998, I worked third shift and took off work 2 hrs early at 5am. I pulled in my driveway at home and remembered I had not gotten my mail from previous day. The mailbox is across the street from my house. I was walking towards my mailbox and about 10 degrees above the horizon I saw a light appear and shoot straight down. It lasted maybe 2 seconds and appeared to be several miles away. I was thinking "what was that".

The second is in this thread and you can read it yourself. I answered some questions about my experience.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I was on the roof once... I have a habit of UFO watching and spying on the neighborhood with my binoculars... I put down my binoculars and layed down one time and gazed at the 5pm sky when I noticed a red reflective object floating stationary behind a cloud. I say object because it had a definable shape. Somewhat of a rough diamond or perhaps a top (the spinning toy). It was just hanging there pulsating different shades of red. In my vision it must have been half the size of my pinky fingerprint. All my life I'd wanted to see a UFO and strangely, when I finally saw it, it felt anti-climactic. I guess because I had been obsessed with the idea for such a long time. Anyway, I lay there motionless. I knew that if I went off the roof to get a camera I would miss the glorious moment I'd waited for for all the years of growing up. Besides, it was all for me. For my own proof. I don't care about anyone else. I know I saw something in the sky that I can't explain. Red shiny stationary diamond shaped objects aren't ordinary. Anyway, it must have disappeared when a cloud covered my view because after it passed, I couldn't find it again. It had done it's job. It had appeared and caught my attention and stayed long enough that my years of waiting were finally over. When I went back in the house, I casually muttered to my family, "Oh, I finally saw my UFO.". They were surprised at my lack of enthusiasm and could hardly believe me because of it. Has anyone ever felt that way after FINALLY seeing one after years of searching and gazing?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What's up with this thread? I'm seeing Billboard perfect responses. Yes, I did. Strange and eerie. Then no responses.

Must be a Dis-info campaign. I hear there's money in it these days. Ah, gone the grand 'ole day of "We did it...?".

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Sorry,

I've had a family emergeny and have'nt really had a chance to read through everything yet. I'll get to it soon.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hi there, i have 2 definitely positively witnessed ufos, first in 1995, location: Kuwait, time: 9:15/30pm, duration: 30 sec. i was observing the moon that night, and while i was watching it someithing out of the corner of my eye i saw something that flashed brighter than the moon, and i directed my attention on this object that was moving steadly 2 blocks away from my house (i was on the roof top btw) and when i looked closely at the object and my eyes adjusted to the light that was surrounding it, i saw the object spinning around. take a flash light (don't forget to turn on the light) and spin it around just imagin it engulfed in light. and then just like the way it came it was gone!

Second in 2000, location: Canada, NS, time:7:45 am, weather: partialy cloudy (it was in autumn, duration: 1 or 2 mins. I was waiting for the school bus and for some reason i got a chill (not from the cold! i can tell the diffrence) then i started to keep looking up ( i see nothing ofcourse), and when the other students started to come to the bus stop (i was an early bird
) i saw a metalic half circle come out of the clouds! in absolute silence it was going over our heads! but man was it cool to see it and terrifiying at the same time!!!! i saw it from underneath it, it looked like slices of pizza with some pips... and it was HUGE! i was awe struck so i couldn't tell the other students to look up! have u seen the movie "independce day" the one act Will Smith acted in?? did u see how the huge ufo coming out of the clouds? it was something like that! (just to clear things up i was not dreaming and i was not thinking of that movie either!
) well the bus arrived and i had to go to school

and now am a believer! cause i saw it with my own eyes!

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
My family lived in the country, 7 miles from town. Returning home from a Boy Scout meeting in town at night, my father, brother and i were around a mile from home, at the time i was six years old, my brother was the Scout, my father the Scout Master. It was a long stretch of road, very dark, and farm houses far and few between. Suddenly my father noticed somthing over our car, possibly around 100 feet or so. My brother and i stick our heads out the window and looked up, a huge circular shape with multitude of small lights rapidly going around on the outer edges, it was huge, quiet. I remember my father yelling for us to get our heads back in. When we did, the instrumentation of the car dash board lights gave the appearence of my father being white as a bleached sheet. When we looked forward, we saw the ship follow the road way beyond our house and it kept going. My father was definetly shook up, my mother asked what had happen and was told by all three of us at once. Not long after the sighting, my father became deeply inquisitive about UFO sightings, buying books, magazines and asking others about similar experiences they have had. I am 56 now, but remember the moment very well, especially the effect it had on my father.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
yes. with multiple witnesses(5). huntsville, ontario, 1988. thought they were planes at high altitude, first. and then they started doing impossible high speed zig-zag maneuvers. we discussed whether this was a light refraction through heat effect, but decided that was not the case, because the stars behind didn't do the same thing. i can't remember how many we saw, more than two, less then seven is the best i can do. it was a long time ago.
also, there was a larger light(larger than venus appears, even) which slowly climbed up from the horizon. we called it 'mothership', for obvious reasons.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by billybob]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join