It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neurocam ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nick Nightstalker
Kaliayev, I have to ask at this point.. are/were you a Neurocam operative? you seem to know an awful lot for someone who wasn't involved in the organization.

and if you were, would you feel comfortable sharing some of your experiences of the 'cam with us?

I am a member, yes. I'd rather not say too much though, as Neurocam tends to keep a close eye on their members who talk alot, in my experience, and its a hassle I can do without. Also there is the chance I'll get drawn into the rather annoying online Neurocam community, who I have to admit are not my most favourite of people.

In reality, my assignments have not been extraordinary in any sense. The majority were very routine and you can find them via any of the blogs or forums. One was rather odd, I will admit. Not only in what I had to do, but what I was permitted to say about it, should I decide to speak. Usually, most Neurocam assignments are quite, active, for want of a better word. They involve going somewhere and doing something. This one was quite the opposite. That was the last assignment I received, as well, though I doubt that those two facts are linked in any way.

But sadly, I can't boast late night meetings with masked characters, coded messages from Robert Henley or limousine trips with Noah Whiteleaf. Then again, I am on a geographic periphery, so I shouldn't really expect too much.

[edit on 19-5-2007 by Kaliayev]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Now you've gone and piqued my interests. if you'd be comfortable talking about that one assignment, perhaps privately? u2u me and I'll ensure you a strict confidence about it. I'm just bloody curious...

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This is definitely one of the most intriguing things I've read about in some time.I plan on checking out the blogs,etc. after I get some sleep.

One thing I don't get about this whole thing is that if these people are (somewhat) aware that they're playing a "godgame" (as referenced in the Wiki page for "The Magus") then what is the point? I'd be worried that I was just feeding into some egomaniac's game.

The only thing I can think of is,and I can only speculate since I haven't read the book (The Magus),that in the book the main character....described as Bored, depressed, disillusioned....Found this new world to play in and in the craziness found some personal relevance to it all.

Is it about self discovery in the end?

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The media picked up on this. They used to have treasure hunts and such. Find a briefcase with so much money in it.

But, with the state of hack attacks on the I-net, someone who cared could easily obtain a victim for their own little desire of SAW .x whatever.

Use caution.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I've not actually read the book 'The Magus' (although I loved 'The Collector' which is also by Fowles, but I digress), but here's a detailed book summary from the author's website, for the curious.

Personally, I think the appeal of Neurocam is... y'know. curiosity. intrigue. I mean, it's not even active (near as we can tell) right now, and it's got the lot of us fairly intrigued. I imagine a few of us (myself included, likely) would probably send in operative applications if the 'cam was taking them now.

It's an exciting spy "game", and it takes you out of boring every day life. Whatever it really is, it appeals for that reason, I think.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
www.neuroboards.com...

trystingfields.com...

Sorry if this has already been posted, maybe it will help.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It should probably be noted that most of the more interesting personalities from Phase One have not been seen during Phase Two at all. Also, there was somewhat of a management change within Neurocam. Before, the Director of Operations had been in charge of the vast majority of assignments that were given out to operatives. However, since Phase Two, there have been a number of Regional Directors who instead issue assignments. I don't have the names of all of them, but there are several for the USA, at least one for Europe, another for the Mid East and so on and so forth. Neurocam claims operatives in Japan and Nigeria, too, so there are possibly regional directors for those areas as well.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I've not actually read the book 'The Magus' (although I loved 'The Collector' which is also by Fowles, but I digress), but here's a detailed book summary from the author's website, for the curious.

Personally, I think the appeal of Neurocam is... y'know. curiosity. intrigue. I mean, it's not even active (near as we can tell) right now, and it's got the lot of us fairly intrigued. I imagine a few of us (myself included, likely) would probably send in operative applications if the 'cam was taking them now.

It's an exciting spy "game", and it takes you out of boring every day life. Whatever it really is, it appeals for that reason, I think.

I agree. I have actually been actively seeking a way to join their organization but haven't had any luck. Since the sign up link on the website is closed, and everyone is very hush-hush I can't find any operatives in my area to meet with for recruitment.

If anyone can help me, please U2U me.

[edit on 5/21/2007 by agent014]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent014

I agree. I have actually been actively seeking a way to join their organization but haven't had any luck. Since the sign up link on the website is closed, and everyone is very hush-hush I can't find any operatives in my area to meet with for recruitment.

If anyone can help me, please U2U me.

[edit on 5/21/2007 by agent014]

Yeah ditto here.I'd be very interested in joining up with the group,but it seems recruitment is very elusive.I really doubt that there are any operatives in my area either.

Perhaps being a member or past member,Kaliayev would be willing to point us in the right direction?

Anyhow as agent014 said U2U me if you can help.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm not sure how much help I can be, guys. I've heard of one of two people getting in despite the current site issues, but it seems they managed to get the help of people both geographically close to them and on rather good terms with the management. Of course, the rumour has been since March that you need to contact a Neurocam member to get in, but I've received no confirmation of that from my own Director. Or indeed, any word from him at all. So it may just be a rumour, to keep applicants interested. I certainly wouldn't put it past Neurocam's management to pull something like that.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Ah,so do you think it'd be worthwhile to send out a few messages to people on the Neurocam boards,or are you basically saying odds are slim of any applicants getting in right now? Sorry if I'm coming off as pushy or anything,but my curiosity has been piqued.
At this point I feel like I just gotta know.

[edit on 053131p://111 by DocGonzo]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You could always try hopping through those blogs I posted for email addresses, and sending out a mass mail to Robert Henley, Iocus Severus, and the rest of the gang to see if you can get in. I think the original recruiting address was actually [email protected] but I'm not 100% sure. I know I've seen it at least a few times in relation to Neurocam blogs.

I'm not quite so eager to get involved with this right now (I'm also geographically distant-- western Canada), so I'm not going to spend my time chasing leads on how to join at the moment, but if you guys try and manage to get any kind of a response, let the rest of us know.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Will do Nick.I've been perusing the blogs,and taking down contact information.

Honestly,I'm not too sure I want to get involved either at the moment,but I did find an operative close to my area,although his AIM and blog seem to be abandoned.

If I had a better understanding of what would be required of me (other than what I've read in the blogs) I'd definitely be a bit more gung-ho about joining.I suppose for now I'll be content with reading up on what I can ,seeing as how a lot of people say that's how they got started.

Anyway,anyone made any headway into this whole Neurocam thing?I found the whole Cease and Desist thing found here to be a bit disturbing.

[edit on 073131p://111 by DocGonzo]

[edit on 073131p://111 by DocGonzo]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Doc Gonzo, I used to know someone in an mmorpg called Shadowbane that went by that handle, you wouldn't be the same Doc Gonzo would you, if you are it's a small world.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
What if Neurocam is used to find willing people to enter intelligence agencies, or is used as a statistical gathering of intel by intelligence agencies? All of the strange things that the us government did in the 60s (mk ultra etc) makes me wonder if there is more to this than just a game?

Maybe it is some eccentric individuals sociological experiment ?

Or maybe it is more like a LARP?

just kicking around some ideas here

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by brotherforchrist
Doc Gonzo, I used to know someone in an mmorpg called Shadowbane that went by that handle, you wouldn't be the same Doc Gonzo would you, if you are it's a small world.

Don't think it's me,if it was I signed up for an account on a whim and never played

Neurocam may be one or all of those things you mentioned.It is basically a form of manipulation,no doubt about that.The thing I want to know is to what end?

What do they hope to accomplish? Is it a game? A hobby? A gov't op? I dunno.
But if need be I'm gonna join up,and find out.

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention.On one of the blogs a letter from Hely (I think)
asks as sort of an interview to an applicant "Have you seen the movie 'Strange Days'?".Anyone who's seen that movie could come to the conclusion that this is some sort of ARG (Alternate Reality Game) with the same sort of
premise or......something much more real.Wouldn't that be trippy?

[edit on 083131p://111 by DocGonzo]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You could always try hopping through those blogs I posted for email addresses, and sending out a mass mail to Robert Henley, Iocus Severus, and the rest of the gang to see if you can get in. I think the original recruiting address was actually [email protected] but I'm not 100% sure. I know I've seen it at least a few times in relation to Neurocam blogs.

I'm not quite so eager to get involved with this right now (I'm also geographically distant-- western Canada), so I'm not going to spend my time chasing leads on how to join at the moment, but if you guys try and manage to get any kind of a response, let the rest of us know.

Yeah, I already tried e-mailing some top Neurocam dudes based off of blog posts from their e-mails. I haven't received any bounce-backs so the addresses are valid, yet no response. It's damn frustrating I tell you.

I once read on one post though that Neurocam has enemy organizations that are against them. I haven't found any names of those. I am just as interested in them if they are there. I also read posts about The Nautionier, which almost seems like a parent organization for Neurocam. Anyone have any more info on that?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
After reading this the other night and pondering the idea. I remembered that Microsoft had a similar "game" that goes on around the Seattle area. I believe it was just for the launch of Vista, but it may also be one of these ARG's. I do not recall the name however but it has sparked my interest into why these games are created.

Could this be some ploy by the Power-Elite to control the masses, while leading them on to believe it is just for entertainment? Either way it seems pretty fun from what I've read. I also am going to try and email Neurocam and see what type of results I can conjur up. I think you guys may be on to something here and I'm on board for the ride. Great work!

-Droops

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I once read on one post though that Neurocam has enemy organizations that are against them. I haven't found any names of those. I am just as interested in them if they are there. I also read posts about The Nautionier, which almost seems like a parent organization for Neurocam. Anyone have any more info on that?

From what I've read so far the rival organization(s) is Fiat Nox / Yellow One.
Also there was something about a guy named Nikolay trying to take over Fiat Nox,but Iocus Severus mentioned that there is a bloodline in place for leadership.

Take that for what you will.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocGonzo

From what I've read so far the rival organization(s) is Fiat Nox / Yellow One.
Also there was something about a guy named Nikolay trying to take over Fiat Nox,but Iocus Severus mentioned that there is a bloodline in place for leadership.

Take that for what you will.

I'm not so sure...These damn blogs are so confusing and contradicting. This blog Here says that Fiat Nox is a person, not an organization. Yellow One does appear to be a group though...I will look into that. Thanks!

As far as Nautionier...That is still a mystery. If you look at their website, all that is there is their symbol. An octopus. It is almost like they are fans of the James bond series. For those that don't know, the octopus is the symbol for SPECTRE.

[edit on 5/22/2007 by agent014]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join