It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing Brain (Virtual Sound)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
No ,it's not weird but freakingly really amazing..on so many occasions here i read "It's The Brain" that makes you see ,Tricks Of The Mind ..being into music i got this link from a friend ..PLEASE DO LISTEN ..

Remember only listen using Headphones ,all will be explained how the brain sense the sounds,this manipulates your brain imo..2 small speakers do what no DTS surround system will do .. you will look to your back,left,right and a small minor whisper ..it's only a Haircut ..

www.i-am-bored.com...

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
WOW, thanks for posting, that was really cool.
Amazing what headphones can do.

When he whispered man, that sounded so real, and gave me chills haha.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'm sensing another of the very juvenile 'screamer' vids. What do you think we were born yesterday, nerdmaster?

You guys should be beaten to a pulp with a rusty shovel.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
I'm sensing another of the very juvenile 'screamer' vids. What do you think we were born yesterday, nerdmaster?

LOL Ive been tricked many times with the screamer vids, but I can assure you this isnt one of them haha, Its simply a nice audio, with 2 italian sounding guys, showing how real sound can be with headphones. Its kinda funny too.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Just listened I am sure I could feel the temples start to tickle as the cutters got near!!

I understand the stereo thing but what else is happening with our perception? I swapped the headphones round left for right and right for left and obviously the stereo orientation changes but the virtual "Barber" was still behind me!! There is obviously some other cues the noggin picks up for spacial awareness of the sound.

To me with my eyes closed it made me realise how much of the brains processing power is used to make sense of what is happening, by using its data / knowledge base. For example when he put the cutters to my temples I could almost feel the tingling. Makes me wonder how many "weird" experiences are brain processing errors or embellishments.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

l0l ..why do you even reply,before you wet your nappy..read as i said this sound works on senses of the brain (you have one use it) as will be explained if you listened,now before you go & call me a "nerdmaster"
do read as to what i said,what the topic says..i don't do scream-y sounds/vids,i do not catch or even remotely try to catch people with childish things..ATS is not a place for that as we can find that you youtube and on on.I think i have found a place for that rusty shovel

Phoenix thank you for explaining ,hope you enjoyed & Allah true when closing my eyes i thought exactly the same ..how much of our brain 'power" gets used that is thee reason why i posted this,good to see some enjoyed..well most will as it IS NOT a screamy audio listen.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
AH! That was so cool!

I wasn't really paying attention when I clicked the link and it started playing before I turned up the volume. I actually ripped the headphones off and whipped around to see who or what the heck was behind me!

Fun stuff! The brain is amazing.

Thanks for sharing!~

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The recording method is called binaural and thirty years ago, it was expected in some circles that binaural recordings would become popular for recording live music because it accomplishes what ordinary stereo or quadraphonic recordings cannot and that is the sense of three-dimensional, 360 degree presence.

To my knowledge, the techinque has never achieved widespread popularity, but here are some links.

www.google.com

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The recording method is called binaural and thirty years ago, it was expected in some circles that binaural recordings would become popular for recording live music because it accomplishes what ordinary stereo or quadraphonic recordings cannot and that is the sense of three-dimensional, 360 degree presence.

To my knowledge, the techinque has never achieved widespread popularity, but here are some links.

www.google.com

Thanks for the link ..checking it now,i suppose it would never really catch on as we don't wanna sit with headphones watching movies and on ,strange it still is what 2 mics and the brain can do..so if they can incorp this effect into ES surround sound,shame we all have serious home systems which gives you amazing sound on every individual speaker but this ..i mean when the one guy walks to your front left and start playing the guitar while someone is talking behind you ..i tried to count all the sounds ..the small things ..there are so many on this recording..

2 mic job + brain ..well done

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
HOLY. * * * *!

That is one of the coolest things I've heard on the internet. Seriously.

I know I'm dredging this thread up because I was searching for Binaural Beats stuff, but oh my god, who cares. People *should* hear this anyway.

That is... just so cool. I want to hear it again. What was the source of this if anybody knows?

I tried out some binaural beats while going to sleep last night and had an... interesting experience. @_@ I'm hooked now, I have to find more information on this/more audio CDs or MP3's.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The shape of the outer ear reflects different frequencies of sound, coming from different direction, with various efficiency. Our brains learn to process this after a while, providing '3D' localization information without having to turn our heads, etc.

The brain gets a earful - new - shape of ear determines how brain processes auditory information:

Few people pay attention to what their ears look like, but ear shapes can be as distinctive as fingerprints. The ridges and folds of the outer ear, the pinnae, even play an important role in hearing. By amplifying or weakening certain frequencies of the sounds that bounce off them, pinnae help the brain discern where sounds are coming from.

Since pinnae vary from person to person, each human brain must gradually learn the shape of its body's ears in order to process auditory information, scientists have theorized. Studies of people wearing plastic molds that alter the shapes of their ears have confirmed that theory, but participants needed no learning time to readapt to their original pinnae.

Here's a page with some (imo, not very effective) demonstrations contrasting how different ear shapes modify sound.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Hello Qonone,

Jesus Christopher Walken!!!!

That was so cool it helps if you close your eyes lol.

Man when they put the bag over my head I was like "What the foock!!".

Great post............

top topics

join