It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

creepy video of long parasite worm in cricket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
yea, the cricket jumps into the water and the parasite decides to leave. pretty nasty. clip

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
thats amazing how long it was...inside that little cricket

wild, wicked, wow!

Parasites are so gross

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
How did that fit inside that little cricket!? I used to have a chameleon so I've seen a lot of crickets... but none that had anything like that come out of them.

Kind of makes me think of articles I've read about parasites in our intestines... and really really grosses me out.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Oooh. my favorite parasite. a genius (if absolutely disgusting) little creature commonly known as a horsehair worm.... they're freakin' fascinating. they actually burrow into the cricket's brain and more or less 'take over control' to make it jump into the water (their natural habitat) after they've consumed most of it's innards.

fortunately, they don't live in human hosts, and the parasites in our guts are nothing like these little creatures, even the wormier sorts...

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
wow, so that parasite made the cricket jump in the water? crazy. i thought it was some kind of cricket suicide.
i was wondering why the person would bother to film that. Thats super disturbing. gives me the chills just thinking about it.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well, after watching that wonderful enlightening video, I'm thankful for 2 things at least....that I'm not a cricket and that Gordian worms don't like humans. Yuck! That gave me the heebie jeebies.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
EEWWWW!!! EW EW EW EW EW EWWW!! Gross, sick, ugh, wtf, i got the friggin reeps,..sick sick. How can that thiong actually fit in that small cricket, it look so normal before, but then the worm started coming out,
and, it.....G-R-O-S-S!!!!!

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
!!!!! OMG that wuz crazy.i wonder how that long worm got in that little cricket.
!!!!!

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Gordian worms start off very very small in their larval stage.. usually they infect some kind of aquatic-stage insect (like a larval mosquito) in water, and then transfer to land when the thing grows... usually the smaller host gets eaten by something bigger, like a cricket or a spider (or they parasitize the cricket or other largeish insect directly when they come to drink). then they basically grow to the size you see in the video by eating their host from the inside out, before injecting the chemicals into the thing's brain to more or less 'take over' and make it jump into a body of water so it can break out like we saw in the video.

creepy, fascinating little creatures.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
That was actually pretty freaky.. would the cricket survive after that thing left it?

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Saw this video sometime ago, and it kinda freaked me out.. Didn't think such a thing really existed, except in movies.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
No more crickets for me unless I cook them first

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
HAHAHA, taking a look back at my other post, i kinda misspelled some words because i was totally FREAKED OUT!!! SICK!!! EW EW EWWW!!!
G-R-O-S-S!!

top topics

join