It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran blocked UN inspectors on test visit to nuclear site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Iran blocked UN inspectors on test visit to nuclear site

news.yahoo.com

VIENNA (AFP) - Iran blocked UN atomic experts on a first unannounced test inspection of an underground nuclear site where it enriches uranium, despite a pledge to allow such visits, diplomats told AFP Thursday. The watchdog International Atomic Energy Agency had in March told Iran to allow its inspectors to install surveillance cameras at the site in Natanz but Tehran refused this and in return promised to allow frequent, unannounced visits.A first test on April 21 of this agreemen
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Whoa, this is a big deal. Not a good move on Irans part

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm surpised that no one has commented on this. I didn't think this thread would die so fast.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
No Surprise

Originally posted by kleverone
I'm surpised that no one has commented on this. I didn't think this thread would die so fast.

Well, there's been no shortage of discussion of Iran lately, and President Ahmadinejad has repeatedly protested that uranium enrichment is a sovereign right of his nation, so that may be part of it.

That, and the fact that Iran isn't exactly the first country that comes to mind in the category of Nations Which Cooperate Fully With The International Atomic Energy Agency.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm actually surprised they flat out denied them entry, after stating that they would comply with surprise visits after refusing the instalation of the cameras. Highly suspect on Irans part, I just wonder where they go from here? I mean, its one thing to argue about ones right to enrich uranium, its soemthing else entirely to refuse entry to UN inspectors.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by kleverone]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I'm actually surprised they flat out denied them entry, after stating that they would comply with surprise visits after refusing the instalation of the cameras. Highly suspect on Irans part, I just wonder where they go from here? I mean, its one thing to argue about ones right to enrich uranium, its soemthing else entirely to refuse entry to UN inspectors.

Hi Klever
well if you believe Iran to be suspect and this is after they have had inspectors there as well as CCTV monitoring full time, then what are your thoughts on the possible intentions of states like Pakistan, India, and Israel who have never ever even allowed any type of inspection, oversight , or have ever been signatories of any treatise whatsoever. I would be more worried not only about their intentions but of the overall safety measures, and the conditions of their facilities.

We seemingly reward the ones who are not setting good examples and we are punishing those that are at least co-operating to some degree. This is a blatant double standard. It would not surprise me if they did not pull out of the NPT and just tell them all to screw off. That would make 5 unmonitored countries we should all worry about.

Pie

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Hmmmm.... the media repots that Iran blocked UN inspectors from the Natanz plant but the IAEA takes the unusual step to then issue a press release stating that this is untrue.

The United Nations' nuclear watchdog has denied a report that Iran blocked its inspectors from visiting a nuclear facility where it is enriching uranium.

www.abc.net.au...

Egg on the faces of the mainstream press once again for publishing a story without first checking facts? Of course, it's something negative about Iran so it must be true...right?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Egg on the faces of the mainstream press once again for publishing a story without first checking facts? Of course, it's something negative about Iran so it must be true...right?

I think in reality that the majority of the American as well as world public finally realized we were taken for a ride and that the attempt is being made again, with the exception that we are not falling for it. The small majority that will believe this, only do so because they want it to be and are looking for an excuse wether true or not. These are in my opinion modern day Crusaders and a danger to us all, even moreso then terrorists because they are amongst us.

top topics

join