It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sub-tropical Storms Being Named to Fuel Global Warming Alarmism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Sub-tropical Storms Being Named to Fuel Global Warming Alarmism

newsbusters.org

For weather watchers, the name Joe Sobel should be a familiar one, as he has been with AccuWeather for 35 years, and is a regular guest on radio stations as well as MSNBC.

With that in mind, Dr. Sobel posted an article at the AccuWeather blog Wednesday highly critical of the naming of sub-tropical storms, most recently Andrea.

In his view, this practice – which is only five years old – is exaggerating the number of storms per year thereby adding to global warming alarmism
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
wwwa.accuweather.com
www.huffingtonpost.com
wwwa.accuweather.com

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What will they think of next to alarm everyone?

newsbusters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
the policy is 5 years old, I don't recall global warming being as hot of a topic back then and honestly I wasn't alarmed. I don't believe the number of fish storms is the alarm of scare factor, the scare factor will be the intensity of storms. I will be more alarmed by 10 category 5 hurricanes than I would by 50 named storms, if all those named storms are fish storms like Andrea.

just my thoughts, but who know Joe Sobel could be on to something.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We need to start naming thunderstorms and super cell storms that roll through tornado alley.

That should to scare'em! The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Roper

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I read earlier that since we have been naming storms, there have been 17 of these subtropical storms. I think storms have been named for only 100 years at most, so that's one every 5 years or so. That's not a lot.

Once again, people are freaking out about something they don't understand. Can you say outlier?

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Subtropical storms are the weakest in terms of naming a storm and are the first thing a hurricane has to be before it becomes a hurricane. The 17 subtropical storms you mentioned are the forecasted ones for this year alone. This is no big deal as there have even been subtropical storms in April.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I looked at the date and was expecting to see April 1st. But no just another normal day when a skeptic comes out with some outrageous comment to justify his stance!

If anyone truly believes for one second that the naming of storms (humans tend to name EVERYTHING!!!) is linked to Global Warming alarmism your are quite simply an idiot.

top topics

join