It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pterodactyl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
www.disclose.tv...

kind of interesting, its too far away too tell though..

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
and this is even better footage

www.disclose.tv...

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Nice video, looks straight out of jurassic park! I cant say for sure it isnt a bird.. but it doesnt look like any bird that i have ever seen.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...:Royal_Albatross_near_Dunedin.jpg
could be an albatross the only diff is the tail and it may appear to be long because of the cam shot, I don't know but to me it doesn't seem like anything unusual though??? I could be wrong

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It isn't an albatross. I've seen albatross up close, and when they're close to the shore they generally don't move that fast. They hover over the water and look at fish.

I don't know what this is, but it does look interesting. IF it were a pterosaur, it is in the place one would be found. They nested on cliffs and fished in the sea, so that fact alone means this is more credible than the accounts of pterosaurs in the middle of Texas.

In the zoomed video, I thought at first it was just a wading bird, however none of the waders have tails that long.

Interesting find indeed...

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The second video definitely is the one of importance. The tail is quite long and thin like a pterodactyl, so who knows. nice clip

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Only early pterosaurs had long tails. Later species evolved a shortened tail so it's unlikely that a pterosaur that had survived until today would have a long one.
Its the reason I'm still skeptical about the vid.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Very cool video. I have to agree with the earlier comment that early species had the longer forked tail. I found an artists rendition of the eary species in flight:

i20.photobucket.com...

Nothing to really say other than there is similarity.

Nice post!

[edit on 10-5-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
i did a little searching, and this is what i came up with. this is a video of an albatross, take a look for yourself and compare. i'm pretty convinced now, it's an albatross.

youtube.com...

[edit on 10/5/07 by wisefoolishness]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Howdy folks...

Sorry to pop your bubble but I do belive that is a Frigate Bird, not some prehistoric beastie...

www.richard-seaman.com...

Sorry again...

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think that is definitely what it is. Looks identical and you can see the white patch in the video too.

Good job Jedi Master.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thanks...

Here is another good shot that makes it look like a prehistoric beastie...

static.flickr.com...

Good video though...

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but all I could find on frigate birds really didn't point in this direction. The people in the video (if they are telling the truth) say the thing is HUGE. Anyway I don't know if my view has any merit but here are some more specs.

concise.britannica.com...

Frigates to the best ability of my not so in-depth research seem only to have a MAX wingspan of 8ft which isn't all that big. At least not compared to Vultures. And most frigates are the size of a hen. Anyway I don't know?

The Jedi Master might have a point though. I am by no means an expert on birds.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This looks just like a remote-controlled airplane or glider. I didn't see any movement at all. There is really nothing to compare the object against since it's against a plain back drop over the ocean. It isn't nearly close up enough to recognize any features that would make me think it is not an inanimate object being controlled remotely. I also like the dialogue of the video, how they spell out the key points of a sighting.

I don't trust the video at all. Movable parts would have done a lot to sell me on this one.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The bird in the video (in the original post) does not look that big at all. Either the creature was several thousands of feet up in the sky, or the people who are commenting are exaggerating the size of the creature. I'm going to go with the latter. If the creature was cruising at normal bird cruising altitude, then it fits the description of the frigate quite nicely, in appearance and size.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Very interesting, but I'd have to go with the earlier poster and agree that its a frigate bird.

Although thanks for the website link, I bookmarked it and am now signing up at disclosure.tv

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Check out this thread. Claims of pterodactyl-like creatures flying around somewhere in Africa.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit to add:
Regarding the video in this thread. I believe it is a remote controlled plane shaped like a pterodactyl.

[edit on 2007/5/10 by Hellmutt]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
They look like ancient dinosaur monster birds to me. I'm never going to the beach again without my trusty high powered rifle and swiss army knife. Thanks and godspeed.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
By far I think this is the most convincing photo I've seen:

www.dinowelt.de...

Then again there must be other opinions on this as well. I just find these pics amazing, but none are as weird as the flying creature caught on video it's almost mothman-like....Is it fake?

Check this out:

video.yahoo.com...

[edit on 11-5-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
thats a piece of plastic flying off the construction tower.
watch carefully.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join