It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Religion can save the world? Christanity,Islam,Judaism,Buddhism or something else?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
Ram

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It's nice to see so many people actually agree that whatever controls us is bad. The influence of a money making society has laid a weight upon us.

We get these silly papers through our door each month - Bills - Tax - phone company - Internet -TV - Heat - Electricity ect.

And It keeps out minds focused on the wrong things.

I also believe we have it all inside of us - We are build to survive - and I think paying taxes and all those bills is just destroying our real potential, it is destroying my own personal potential expression.

Me becomming anti-social is un-natural for me. Cuz I love being with other people - But because everyone - and every person on this planet have to be in he's or her chair workspace to make money - we never really get a chance to talk to eachother.

Also because of the implication of status.

The fight for money - a pretty home and safe souroundings for all children makes it utmost impossible to evolve a human moral of nature.

- You need a job - You mind is on that subject every day.
- You worry about keeping a job -
- You worry about money for next month - so you might work more for that reason.

And your mind keeps being in that place.

If this heavy system was not here - we would need to think for our self - and that is a huge difference. We would feel the need to be social.

This planet is a waste of time.

It is built into our families that nothing will proberly change the next 2000 years. It's so boring.....actually.
Many who follows the alternative news already know where we will be in 200 years. We got it all planned out. There is a plan - and it's boredom forever.

The human soul is being destroyed from birth.

If I was free or a king - I would build a city with trees - green crap everywhere a natural system. I would have so much nature It would almost be frightening.
You would hear birds sing and dogs barking - cats walking on each corner of the street. A horse eating grass near the city hall. Outside the city we would grow our own food - And that would be our priority.
Toilets also a priority.

Money would not exsist. Money would not be on our minds at all.

But it will never happend - and this world is dying because people say it's naive to believe in nature and that we have it all inside of us.

yea - we do have it all inside of us - but it's to late.

yet - we have unlimited possibilities...

And there is much, much, more where it came from

[edit on 11-5-2007 by Ram]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
No matter how much we decry the religious values and beliefs...each one of us has been conditioned to follow them since childhood...You cannot get rid of the fact that no matter how hard you try...we will never be able to seperate politics ffrom religion.Let's accept that.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The point all of you are missing is if we as individuals, as citizens of a country, nay of the world are going to make the changes needed to heal the planet and assure its and our survival then there needs to be a fundamental shift of consciousness to do it because the old world view just isn't doing it and like it or not; religion, or should I say spirituality is one of the most effective ways to cause such a shift.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Someone once said that all of the religions each have a little truth in them, but that none of them has the whole truth, and I believe that that is the truest thing that can be said about religion. What religion will save the world - assuming that she isn't just going to save herself by shaking most of us off her back - all of them and none of them perhaps. It's spirituality that we need, not religion. Finding the truth buried under the dogma, but also looking within and without, through meditation and observation. Listening to people's own experiences of the divine and the supernatural will give us a better idea of how things really are than reading a 2000 year old book - there is much of value in religious texts but they should not be taken literally nor considered infallible, but weighed in the balance. I guess what I really mean is that, what will save the world is people finding out for themselves what the truth is, finding their own spiritual path - at least then they are not so liable to be controlled, manipulated, or deceived by others, especially those who would use religion to acheive political ends.

Ram

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

A spiritual person cannot grow inside a system that is against nature - He might grow spiritually - But the system is against it -

What is the use of spirituality - If such practice is only to heal all the stress, this system creates?

What is enlightenment in a system that is based on money?

to become a billionaire? Own a couple of jets and the capebility to pay them each month? Is that spirituality?

Is spirituality to be so rich you can order a whole nation to war?

If you could you would - scheme.

- Is it that kinda spirituality?

Or is it to sit and meditate under a tree - While this whole world is going nuts - because of this money trip we are all on?

Imagine a picture where Buddha is sitting under a tree and a mushroom cloud is rising in the background....

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
All the religions are able to save the world!, the problem is not in the religions, but the Man, because Man twist the meanings of the religions to gain power.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by Umbra Sideralis]

[edit on 11-5-2007 by Umbra Sideralis]

Ram

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Nazism is a religion.

The idolism of a person.

Originally spirituality is a form of science.

Our system - is a religion.
It takes years to comprehend
these things.

and everyone will disagree - until your forced to agree.

weird enough - The system is not for the people.
It is for the institutions. It's just a bad circle. and Illusion.

One thing is for sure - This system is designed to destroy this planet - Or any speices from continuing survival.

It's designed to do that.

It's like - You design a factory - And that factory create good things that benefits somthing - But at the same time it destroys life on the planet.

You remember that white powder they use to spray around - DTN or somthing... Everyone cheered - Yo..buddy - it's not only killing bugs you know.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by skjalddis
Someone once said that all of the religions each have a little truth in them, but that none of them has the whole truth, and I believe that that is the truest thing that can be said about religion.

I have said that many,many times. I don't see any single religion in the world that has the COMPLETE truth. I see a bunch that CLAIM to, but the two main ones that claim this are warring with one another as we speak. So, nay, I'd say they don't have the truth and they certainly don't have the COMPLETE truth.

As far as a religion saving world, I don't see it happening. I think humanity and God working in harmony will be the only thing that will save the world.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enki Pontifex Maximus
If you believe that religion is either a catalyst or the cause of all wars on Earth than you are making the same mistake that people such as Osama Bin Laden and George W. Bush are making.

You know, I will be honest, I view the whole "war on terrorism" as little more that a revitalized crusade by the Islamic and Christian religions to try and revamp their loss of power in the world.

Of course, Islam was the religion that spurred the war, but Christianity is just as much a part of it. Anyone who doesn't think the "war on terrorism" is a religious war are only fooling themselves.

The two power mongering religions are feeling their power starting to slip so they are creating a war to cause others, by the sword, to fall under their influence.

Before you criticize me, yes, I do believe in God and Jesus Christ. No, I am not a fan of organized religion because I believe organized religion has kept humanity in spiritual darkness.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have a little idea.

Maybe we can try to put religion to the side, we don't have to stop believing in what we believe, just have to put it on the back burner. Then humanity can start working hard on making itself "better". We can focus on things like technology and medicines that help humanity, clean up the environment because until we can live on another planet the Earth is all we have and if things go really well, the world population may be able to agree on some type of code of ethics that is a catalyst for worldwide peace.

If any supernatural beings come around to give us a hand at doing this that would be great and if they don't we will not have to worry about humanity because we are working on saving humanity.

Pipe dreams are alway nice though.

Ram

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Brxan - maybe your part of an
Government institution that are actually
working on saving this planet?

that is so nice...

thank you..

No worries perhaps then maybe?

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Taoism

Just live for whatever it's all fate anyway.

If we had any choices we could see the future or go back in time. This HAS to be fate because when you make a "choice" you make it based on past "choices" and experience. This means one will decide nothing but to not die and follow the path laid before them seamlessly. Situations are prepared by other peoples "choices" and we "decide" from there. Ex. You get in an accident because someone freaks about a squirrel and crosses the double yellow. It HAD to happen because the squirrel was roaming throughtout it's life endlessly just to exist in that spot at that moment. The person you hit made "choices" in their past that makes them not want to run over small mamals and you both were headed to work. A choice would be if you could go back about 5 minutes and do 80mph instead of 50mph as to alter the space in time to where you would end up.

If you really get metaphysical on this whole fate thing you will see I'm right. If you don't it's only fate

So just live.

It works.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Which Religion can save the world? Christanity,Islam,Judaism,Buddhism or something else?

They all can,when we see that they're a sad instrument for our own short-comings.

"We" = 6 billion self-aware self-serving entities.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Do you mean "the world", as in the planet. Or "humanity", as in mankind?

If a person believes in god, and which god they believe in, has little to do with saving the world, it merely offers explanations to define the creation and purpose of it's populations in as many ways as there are religions!

To truly save this world with humanity having a place within it, maybe we should see the bigger picture from a realistic, global, spiritual point of view, rather than just heavenly and divine, and think beyond the constraints of individual religions and gods.

Maybe a spiritual outlook that embraces natural and physical science?

Is this where Aetheism may have an advantage, being able to see things from a more open perspective, seeing humanity in rational, stable and logical terms based on solid and scientific facts and not ancient parables, fables and superstitions based on ancient written words, myths and teachings?

Is god a theory? Or is god fact?

Which can be proved today?

Good luck to us all.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Doesn't this thread just add fuel to the fire of the ongoing religious fighting?

I don't see why it would be right to ask this question and get a bunch of people yelling at each other about who's religion is better.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
THE DAY PEOPLE REALISE THAT ALL RELIGEON IS A JOKE IS THE EDAY THE WORLD WILL BE SAVED.
But alas it will NEVER happen, mainly because religous zealots such as Muslims and the famed god fearing Americans.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ram, I just wanted to say I enjoyed reading your insightful posts on this subject. I want you know I agree with you. It's a terrible thing to get lost from each other and then find out it's too late to reconnect.

[edit on 11-5-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Religion is always of the past. What is needed is a discontinuity of the past. I do not claim to have the awnser, but the question needs to be how can we live more consciously, more responsibly. Nature has a way, it always does. And at the rate we are headed, it may be the only way.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brxan
I have a little idea.

Maybe we can try to put religion to the side, we don't have to stop believing in what we believe, just have to put it on the back burner. Then humanity can start working hard on making itself "better". We can focus on things like technology and medicines that help humanity, clean up the environment because until we can live on another planet the Earth is all we have and if things go really well, the world population may be able to agree on some type of code of ethics that is a catalyst for worldwide peace.

I suspect eventually that will be what it will come down to. People will still have their beliefs, but at some point, someone is going to come to the forefront and say, "Look, here is what we need to do." Until that happens though, there is nothing going to save the world.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brxan
I have a little idea.

If any supernatural beings come around to give us a hand at doing this that would be great and if they don't we will not have to worry about humanity because we are working on saving humanity.

Pipe dreams are alway nice though.

The best idea so far! I agree completely and i am also thinking how to do just that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join