It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Other than the U.S., Does any country have "Stealth" aircraft in use? I know that several countries have aircraft with Reduced RCS designs, and that Germany had the Messerschmidt Lampyridae that was canceled. I also know that China and India both have "Stealth" aircraft in the works, but I don't know of anyone who has one operational other than the United States. Am I wrong?

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwitchbladeNGC
I also know that China and India both have "Stealth" aircraft in the works

Just curious, but what stealth aircraft does China and India have in the off-ing?

I know that there are several European consortiums / countries working on stealthy UCAV designs and these have been covered in other topics on this site.

Regards

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Just curious, but what stealth aircraft does China and India have in the off-ing?

China is working on a next generation fighter, codenamed J-XX by Western intelligence, and development has apparently been underway for some time. In service the J-XX may be known as the J-12 or J-14. There is also some speculation of the J-XX actually being two projects, the advanced J-14 stealth, much like the F-22 Raptor, and the J-12, similar to a smooth, two-engined J-10.

The twin-engined Medium Combat Aircraft (MCA), as it is currently known, is a stealthy "5th generation" strike aircraft being developed by India. It will complement the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) and the Su-30MKI in the Indian Air Force. Design work on the MCA has been started and plan to be in production within a decade or so.

I haven't heard much on these two but know they are being planned.

new topics

join