It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Were President

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think that the problem we face today is that there is so much to be done in too short a time. When I was growing up my mother didn't have to work, both my wife and I work then have 2+ hrs. of homework when we get home (3 kids), but there is not the money to increase funds for schools, and you cannot take the summer off the teachers, they need the break. Solution...?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
No idea. I suppose you reap what you can.

I would love to take some sort of Tai Chi like course in HS. But the PE nowadays, no thank you kind sir.

What a crazy concept to require that in a university, there's no time!! No time!!

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ah! If a highschool P.E class could have Tai Chi, Karate, or anything of that matter, the world would be a better place for all of us. I say that because even if you only take a one year course of P.E , you would be able to attain some good exercises for your body and in which case could help all of those that are in such a need to exercise more. Even meditation is something they could teach , so that way you could do it at home.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Math, sicence and social studies need to be mandatory for all years. there are some people that have no clue where iraq is.

english. mostly grammar up to grade 11

P.E. at least 1 smester a year

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknowntoYou
Ah! If a highschool P.E class could have Tai Chi, Karate, or anything of that matter, the world would be a better place for all of us. I say that because even if you only take a one year course of P.E , you would be able to attain some good exercises for your body and in which case could help all of those that are in such a need to exercise more. Even meditation is something they could teach , so that way you could do it at home.

Excellent idea!! Meditation!! That would be very cool to have wouldn't it? I would wonder if the school boards would even allow it.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What a coincidence!

www.geocities.com...

groups.yahoo.com...

DISCLAIMER! I am not advertising! Just adding to the thread!

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

Originally posted by UnknowntoYou

Excellent idea!! Meditation!! That would be very cool to have wouldn't it? I would wonder if the school boards would even allow it.

Doubtful. If you were to randomly pick people out of a crowd, and asked them to tell you what they thought the basis of Karate or Tai Chi was, they would immediately associate it with violence. It would never be allowed (As a required class. Some schools actually have "teams" for it. Kind of an extra curricular thing) because 80% of the population has no idea of the basis of most martial arts.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by crispexi

thats what my school had.. i think there should be more.
a 5th year wouldnt be too bad, i wanted to take more courses but you know.. i'd have to stay back to do that

yeah pretty soon people will be like 30 when they get out school to go work at mcdonalds. Its getting way out of proportion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join