It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes soldiers and Iraqi kids have fun too

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This video has nothing to do with terrorism, or conspiracies, but it's worth watching. A soldier and a couple of kids having fun in Iraq. The kids cracked me up.

Having fun in Iraq

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Very Refreshing,

You cant help but see right through all the Bull# and right down to the core of what really matters in this world.

Nice post

WERE ALL JUST HUMANS FOR POO"S SAKE LETS ACT LIKE IT

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/5/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Great post. Kids playing, and an "evil" american soldier playing with them. A refreshing change. Yes, bad moments are happening, but also times that are decidedly not bad. Nice to see.

If we still had WATS awards, I'd give you one.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Nice to see that kids are kids all around the world. Also, show this in the US Soldiers killing unarmed civilians thread for all the people who think that our soldiers are "evil"

We're all just people!!! all around the world.

THe kids swearing was funny too. The one called the soldier an ass wipe!! halarious!

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
of course there will be those that interact with others around them
be kids or adults, but there will always be those that go to far and kill unarmed cuvilians

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
All too true. To say that this particular incident is more common than the overboard actions of a few is true too. The upshot of this little vignette might be in a couple of years when some insurgency recruiter is talking to these two kids about prospective martyrdom, they'll recall that American soldier who took 5 or 10 minutes out of his day to play around with them. Or so we can hope. One less insurgent? One more kid, who'll become an adult who wants to build rather than destroy.

Reading a lot into this little clip, I know, but from such small actions larger ones build.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
, but there will always be those that go to far and kill unarmed cuvilians

While that may be true, such individuals and or instances are not the topic of discussion for this particular thread.

As for the video:
There are Many more just like it, to include similar [troop] photo docu-commentaries ... I've had several forwarded via email [directly] from both Iraq and Afghanistan, though mostly from troops in Iraq.

While I certainly can't weigh the %s of either good or bad on the whole, there Are quite a few regions where coalition troops and their efforts are Welcomed and Appreciated throughout. Sadly, the Newz tends to focus/ place favor on showing areas of conflict, desecration and "where the latest bombing(s) took place". 'Guess it sells papers.

Point being ... there's a silver lining within every dark cloud, and there Are many clouds over the nation of Iraq.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Good video. Kids are what make people know that there is still some good left in the world. Yet, my heart breaks for them because I know, deep down, that their future may not be so bright. *Sigh* I wish things could be different for that part of the world.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I agree Speakeroftruth. Although it brings a smile to my face knowing that for a little while, those kids are just being kids, and having fun. If more people thought about the future, and the kids that suffer, perhaps the world would be a better place.

Let the kids be kids! :-)

new topics

top topics

join