It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel Possible ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Tachyons are just speculative, but they are quite commonly believed in. If memory serves me I'm pretty sure that Stephen Hawking thought the idea of a parrallel universe that is 100% above light except for a few 'anti-tachyons' would be quite feasible, and in this case the opposite tachyon would only mean speed. Of course, it is completely untested, but hey, it sounds like it could work, and it is predicted by some models, though few.

The other neat thing is that light speed was broken a while ago. With $500 bucks you can do it. You need about 100m of different lengths of coaxial cables, two small pulse generators, and an oscillator for measurement. You fire a low frequency pulse just before you fire a high frequency one (from the other end), this way, the high frequency pulse becomes disrupted, and near the ends the waves it 'travels' on a small curling starts, which advances and then starts 'bouncing' the pulse forward faster and faster. The current max they've found through this is roughly 4 billion kmph, far above lightspeed. I don't have any links on me in a rush but search google for superluminal, I'd bet it would turn up something...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viendin
The other neat thing is that light speed was broken a while ago. With $500 bucks you can do it. You need about 100m of different lengths of coaxial cables, two small pulse generators, and an oscillator for measurement. You fire a low frequency pulse just before you fire a high frequency one (from the other end), this way, the high frequency pulse becomes disrupted, and near the ends the waves it 'travels' on a small curling starts, which advances and then starts 'bouncing' the pulse forward faster and faster. The current max they've found through this is roughly 4 billion kmph, far above lightspeed. I don't have any links on me in a rush but search google for superluminal, I'd bet it would turn up something...

this is amazing. i've never heard of it before, but it makes my theory more plausible. great find

heres some links explaining the superluminal phenomena

link

link

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
WebDevil has hit the possibility of time travel right on the head with his signature.

"Aerodynamically, a bee should not be able to fly, its wings and body proportions are not equal enough to allow this. However, the bee, mentally, doesn't know that it isn't SUPPOSED to fly, so it can still fly."
The mind is an amazing and extremely untapped resource that once unleashed will be the most amazing turning point in human evolution. In addition this will undoubtedly be the last phase in our evolution allowing us to do the things that simply seem impossible to us today. this is something I try to point out to my peers and can somewhat be proven by the way I handle pain as I simply don't let it hurt me and the pain is gone. See I simply dont allow the pain to exist.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
incognitoghostman....pain will always exist as it is in your mind and only there. You may block it out yet it will remain there until another time when you are reminded of it. It is then that you will feel it although it may not feel the same but it will be there nevertheless. For I know that you feel the pain that I have translated to you in the past. It is still there yes?

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by I See You]

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by I See You]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
i saw a program on tv about those solar sails for high speed transportation, the guy who invented the theory said himself by his theory he think it maybe could reach half the speed of light, but as far as structural integrity goes its a waste of time idea, the ship would be ripped to pieces by debree in space long before it hit half the speed of light, even at the limited speed satelites rotate around the earth some have been hit by small screws and bolts from the debree of ships and have had hole ripped in them the size of a basket ball just from a tiny screw, i think that idea is a total no goer

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It appears a large many of you believe that time travel is not possible. I do not think any less of you because we obviously have no evidence that it is possible.

I recently, though, read a synopsis of a certain experiment. A group sent a photon of light through some sort of accelerator, testing the possibility of light speed travel.

When they initiated the photon transmission, the scientists were astonished as the photon of light appeared on the other side of the accelerator a few fractions of a secondbefore it was actually sent. This is unexplainable to modern science.

Does this prove the possibility of travel to the future at certain speeds? Very possibly.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
perdurabo10.tripod.com...

time travelers are among us. i had grown to feel that time travel was a bad idea, because of some of the u.s. military time travel experiments that i have heard of that went bad and soldiers were killed or embedded in the wall of a ship.

but now i don't think it will hurt, or no matter if it does, we must accept it, because it is taking place. time travelers will not damage our future as i first suspected because reality and space are infinite and there is plenty of room for all scenarios big and small.

www.pbs.org...

time travel is theoritically possible according to einstien.

freespace.virgin.net...

wintersteel.homestead.com...

[Edited on 4/8/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
For lack of the scientific expertise to examine the physics of time travel, I'll have to go with the gut on this one and say time travel on any practical basis doesn't seem possible to me. While it may technically be possible for certain particles at certain times, a living functioning system, like a human being is constrained by too many other rules to be able to do this the way that the theoretical particles do.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
psychics are employed by numerous law enforcement agencies in the united states to solve crimes.

they are able to see into the past and solve unsolved crimes. they are able to see into the past because it does exist. this type of time travel is most definitly possible and i don't see how you could intelligently argue against it. but feel free too. they are able to go back in time and see(possible remotely veiw) a crime seen and gather clues to find bodies, identify murderers, and solve other unsolved mysteries by visiting the past. so time travel is possible in this way for sure. but i also believe that the other type of time travel, where your physical body actuall warps to another period in time, is possible and has and is occuring. i suspect that the people who do this may have to sacrifice there existance in the time line they originally existed in, but are still able to communicate with those from their original time period to give the answers they seek or just attempt to alter something and create another parallel universe. but then again, once i think about it i am sure that others are actually able to return hither and fro without any problem.

peace

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hola Panchovilla, I'm going to have to ask you to prove any of that. Everyone else has posted opinions and scientific theory but you are stating this as fact. Elaborate please.

I have been to the links you posted and it seems from some of the info there that you can slow down or speed up time relative to the observer, but I see nothing about jumping in and out of the "time stream". To do this you would effectively have to remove yourself from time for short periods wouldn't you?

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by Ambient Sound]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
OK, new here and find the subject of time travel fascinating, always have. and here's why. See if anyone can explain this one as for nearly 20 years now I've not come up with an explanation.

So, go 20 years, or there abouts, and a young me (about 10/11) is in the playground at school when something happens (cant remember what it was) but i think to myself "how wierd, that is exactly how it happened in my dream the other night". No BS, I mean exactly!!! Being as young as I was I didnt fully appreciate what had just happened and told a very close friend of this occurance, surprisingly he didnt laugh at me or ridicule me, but instead asked for proof - tell him any dream I have which may be a future prediction (though we didnt call it that) before the occurance and he'll decide for himself. This I did just a few days later, and, low and behold this dream also came true - I saw it unfold in front of me exactly as I had dreamt it, unfortunately I had not portrayed that dream as well as I thought and my friend didnt see it in the same way I had (or didnt want to) as far as I recall this hasnt happened in as much clarity since, although I have often had de ja vue feelings and realised that this is due to a recent dream.

Now, does this mean that - a. Im certifiable, b. its a mass of coincidence, or c. in some way, my subconcious is travelling forward in time and showing what is going to happen. or d. some other explanation I've yet to come up with.

Please remeber if replying, this is personal experiance which I am unable to explain or even prove. I dont believe I am a nutter (though u may disagree) and I am not here to offer predictions of what is going to happen, my "visions" have only been with regard to personal experiance and not of any use in preventing anything from occuring (not even giving me the winning lotto numbers). However, if this is for real and not just a coincidence of real life looking like my dream and my mind playing tricks on me after the event (maybe my friend did see things the correct way and my mind distorted the truth) then time travel is possible and perhaps we all have the ability within our minds - we just dont know how to use it.

Food for thought.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Allow me to put an end to the time travel to the past sillynous,at least interacting with the past assuming you get there.Lets say I`m a reverse time traveler and I want to go back to November 22,1963 and make some changes in Dallas,Texas.First let`s also assume that old Lee Harvey WAS the only shooter that day.Ok,I sneak up to the 6th floor of the Texas School Book Depository and tip toe up behind his greasy head and pump a well placed .45 cal slug into the rear of his mellon before he gets a chance to pop one into John F. Kennedy.This scenario sounds pretty simple right?...WRONG!!!,The fact remains that John F. Kenndy WAS killed on November 22,1963 in the PRESENT that I came from.Also stands to reason that a time traveler from OUR future would not be able to interact with anything in our present...including posting to forums and predicting our future.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Imagine you live in the year 2014.
Lets say something really terrible happens between now and then.A disease kills 2 billion people and you can prevent that from happening.

So you save the 2 billion people and everything is better for it.
But lets say a worse disease comes in 2114 and kills 5 billion people.You saved the 2 billion people in the past and doctors were not able to make a vaccine.

Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should do it.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CiderGood_HeadacheBad

Who the # are you pal??? What if Einstein was wrong??? Oh wait, maybe you're wrong.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join