It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The heat/ac phenomenon...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Let me just start this off with saying that I apologize if this is incoherent....but I have yet to finish my coffee.

I'll give you my personal experience with this...

So, all winter long it was super cold outside. The people I work with obviously turned the heat on in our office. They made sure it was up to 75/80 at ALL WORKING HOURS. That was A-OK with me as I absolutely love the heat.

Fast forward to now. It's about 80 degrees outside (the same temperature that everyone insisted was what the thermostat was turned to all winter) and we have the AC blasting. Everyone is soooooooo hot outside. Everyone insists that we turn the AC to 65. SIXTY-FREAKIN-FIVE!

Now let me get this straight.....all winter long everyone whines and moans that unless it is a warm 80 degrees (not exaggerating) in the office, that they will turn into popsicles. Now that it is finally the temperature they desired oh so much AAAAALLLLLLLLL winter long outside...they need the AC on cold so they don't overheat. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Now I know for a fact that the people in my office are a bit loopy...but, there has to be some sort of explanation for this. Some sort of phenomenon is going on, and I need answers. We need to get to the bottom of this.

Any suggestions/hypothesis?

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The answer is humidity. I think.

The 80 degrees that you feel from the heater is much different than the 80 degrees you feel outdoors from nature.

It all has to do with temperature in proportion to the humidity.

Now the very same people in the office would not feel so nice and comfy if the AC was set at 65 degrees and the humidity in the room was greater than lets say 90%. They'd all be freezing their arses off.

At least it sounded good while I thought about it.

[edit on 5/10/2007 by Mechanic 32]

new topics

join