It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Masked Men goes into Boulder High School

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yep, I think it's a prank..those kids will be in trouble they get found out.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Finally, I got some pictures.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure where we came up with 53 agencies ... I think like the other poster said 53 officers might be a more accurate assessment.

I found this article and it says the initial search was done by a dozen officers and a second search is under way by a SWAT team.

Police sealed off the building, and school officials canceled classes for the day.

The initial search by a dozen officers and a bomb-sniffing dog turned up nothing, and a second, more thorough search by a SWAT team was under way that included the utility access tunnels under the building, Police Chief Mark Beckner said. He said there was no indication the men were armed.

"This could be a spring, end-of-school-year prank. It could be a burglary. It could be kids goofing around, or it could be more serious," Beckner said. "Given the times that we live in and recent events, we have to take all precautions."

Houston Chronicle

53 officers doesn't seem to be excessive, given the fact this was just prior to school starting. If it was middle of the night or weekend there would probably be only a dozen or so officers needed to clear the building.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ucantalas
Wow. This is terrible. The US is 'at war' (I use the term loosely), yet they can still send, like, 100 people to investigate 2 PEOPLE IN SKI MASKS? Does this sound like overkill to you to? Seriously, I am starting to wonder what these people are thinking.
Sure, terrorism is bad, and should be prevented at all costs, but really, isn't this just a little too much?

If the people running the war in Iraq treated it the way these people are treating the school thing, the war would be over by now.

I have no idea what being at war has to do with this situation, in fact, its rather completely irrelevant..

The United States did not send over police officers to Iraq... I will assume your not America.

However, the biggest point you made in your tirade is this:

but really, isn't this just a little too much?

If at 10am a gunman popped out and shot a bunch of kids as they walked in, every one would scream their heads off "Why didn't you use more police!" .. because people love to have someone to blame, either way the police are F'd if they do, F'd if they don't. At least this way they can say "hey, we responded" .. just covering their own asses really.

Though they should remember the story of the boy who cried wolf.. people keep calling police for everything that makes them uneasy, the police won't take it as seriously, thats when another tragedy happens.

And I agree with everyone on the medias pathetic, practically drooling, coverage of the story... they would prefer 50 dead kids to an empty school..

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I was thinking that 53 agencies not only seems excessively but impossicble. I mean...that means that police came from at least 52 other cities..and..that makes no sense. 53 officers seems more like it. Given that I think they responded appropriately...

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The cops are behind this. They always are. Last week here in San Diego someone heard three large bangs near an elementary school. So they locked down eight schools within a mile's radius. More scenes of jack-booted Darth Vader types parading around with their M-16s. And they made the parents wait hours before they were "allowed" to retrieve their children. It's all about social conditioning.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if some events like this are "created" in order to put in place more and more "security," "for our own good."

Then the media is there to make sure everyone is scared to death that terrorists are "everywhere." I know it's a crazy world, but it's many times it's never as bad as the media portrays it.

Troy

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I live here in Aurora, a bit south east of Denver, have been keeping an eye on this story, it's being updated on a local news site. Heres a link.
www.thedenverchannel.com...

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I have friends who go to Boulder High School. They are fairly certain it was two kids going into the school to do some kind of senior prank.

If you don't know what a senior prank is, it's basically some elaborate, or otherwise costly/damaging prank that normally you would never expect, but gets done at the end of senior year.

The high school has a history of them, I believe he told me something like two years ago a couple of seniors got expelled for it. Something like changing the locks on every locker with a stolen master key or something.

That they had camo and ski masks was probably just their idea of feeling cool. Granted, they should have come forward immediately before their school was all over the national news, but as time went on... would you go forward, if you were a moron like them? Doubtful.

The fact that there is a SWAT team, Bomb Squad, and plenty of police to keep people back in case there were gunman or shooting to me is not ridiculous, its playing it safe in the state that started it all with Columbine. Especially after what happened at the VT campus so recently.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
cybertroy,

I tend to agree. I believe this is our own government trying to make us conform to their new way of life. N.O.W. It don’t matter how many people they hurt in the process as long as they get what they want in the end. Which is chipping everyone and watching us all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join