It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most hated family in America? Message of Gods Hate? Right or Wrong?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by followerofchrist
I always thought that it was because they were showing dominence over the other animal within their territory. I remember hearing that somewhere in school I believe.

that's only with animals that are seen mating with females of their species. there are many instances (i brought up the penguins) of purely homosexual animals

wikipedia is a good quick reference source for this
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Madness you trust wikipedia? a place where you can edit what you what how you want? I am sure you have other sources then just wikipedia.

God Bless

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I wanted world peace, but I got world religions, too many GODS, no peace.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I saw the video. Boy oh boy...

'Holier than thou' attitudes are nothing but cans of gasoline ready to be dumped on society issues...already ablaze.

These people, IMO, have decided upon themselves to be judge, jury, and exocutioner, in what they have 'personally translated' from the bible.

Somebody should put a sock in that womans mouth. Le gag

~Respectfully~
Ducky

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

These people, IMO, have decided upon themselves to be judge, jury, and exocutioner, in what they have 'personally translated' from the bible.

Another proof that these people are not REAL Christians, which are few and far in between anyway. The bible says,"Do not judge, lest ye be judged." This Westboro group are a bunch of pretenders, in my honest opinion. Yeah, they are here for a purpose, but it obviously isn't what they think it is.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It's a little bit funny a while back I saw another thread about this exact same group.

I was so outraged by their shenanigans that I had to write them an email and asked them to justify their actions.

Of course the response I got was a blathering of hate embedded with twisted distorted clipped scripture and a sign off of "you have been warned"

Truthfully these people do not need to be hated they need to be pitied. Seriously what they want is for that hatred that venom. That is what they feed on. Kinda like a troll on a message board that comes in and stirs up a fight just for the sake of fighting the Phelps family does the same.

They are a sad pseudo Christian sect. Feeding off of ignorance hatred and bigotry that they know will give them the negative attention they desire. The best thing to do is to ignore them, stop giving them air time, stop wasting our breath on these sad pathetic excuses for humans. Eventually they will all go away.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

Somebody should put a sock in that womans mouth. Le gag

~Respectfully~
Ducky

well i dont think they have decided to make themselves judge jury and exocutioner. i think they are taking the bible for what it says. according to the christian bible perversions of the creation calls for judgement by the creator and the creator only. these people are just simply giving a warning. if people dont understnand what the christian bible talks about then they have no right to make a decision on what these people say. these people seem to know exactly what the bible talks about.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Plain and simple madness, it was their choice. God gave us free will, so, we have a right to chose which way we want, their are consequences for the ways we chose, but ultimatly it is up to us to decide

How can you say it is their choice? Some are born that way, and cannot change the way they feel towards other people of the same sex. Maybe it is God who is flawed in creating this in the first place. I find it kind of patronizing where you say it is the individuals fault because the chose to live this way, I didnt have a choice when I felt the way I did when I was younger towards others of the same sex.. No matter how much others say it can be beaten out off you or you can beat it.. Simple facts is most are born this way, (they dont decided to become a homosexual over night yanno)....

As for this so called religious family they are no worse than the extremists to promote hate against others in the world nowadays......

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by followerofchrist
Madness you trust wikipedia? a place where you can edit what you what how you want? I am sure you have other sources then just wikipedia.

i only trust wiki as a reference when they have external citation. this case does. look at the external citation, we have gay animals in the world.

anyway, these people are no more wrong than any other religious group. it's all just subjective guess work when it comes down to the bottom line.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I happen to like what "whatukno" said. I just don't know about the whole ignoring them thing because what if they just continue? something should be done but, what that something is remains to be seen. Who ever it was that said they are just saying what the bible says, has infact, not read the bible, OR, just don't care...IMO

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The only thing wrong these people were doing was protesting next to
funerals. But we see the mayor or governor fixed this, thank goodness.

They are just preaching exactly what the Bible sais, that homosexuality is
a sin and homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom.

they're signs read "God hates fags". It sure sounds like it from the Bible.

But we know God wants everyone to repent, so it would be more
appropriate if their sign read "God hates homosexuality". But, we know
what they mean.

Why would someone not want them to be able to say those kinda things.
Sure, the Bible preaches to love everyone, but it also preaches against sins and those going to hell.

free speech and religion for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join