It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most hated family in America? Message of Gods Hate? Right or Wrong?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i know most of you have heard of these people but im not sure if you have seen these videos.
just seen this video of reverend fred phelps who says that america is just another sodom and being served its judgements because of the perversions that we as a majority support. i dont agree with his delivery but what he says is in the bible. if you are truely christians should you have to agree with what he says? of course. it is in the bible. if you are a christian then do you think this warning should be told seeing how it is in the bible or just let it go and not give the warning? i definatly can see this sort of angle could quickly push people waay away from what is being told to the point of anger....just like in sodom....the exact same thing happened.

here is his wife on fox news. is she telling the truth or just completely insane?

i posted a thread on what a real christian is. we can tell by looking at the fruits of the spirit. do these people have these fruits? www.abovetopsecret.com...

In 1 Cor 13, in the midst of Paul's description of the gifts of the Spirit, there is a section on love. While not directly about 'fruit', it is about what springs from love, and it is in much the same vein. According to verses 3-8, love:

* suffers long;
* is kind;
* does not envy;
* does not parade itself;
* does not get 'puffed up';
* does not behave rudely;
* is not provoked;
* does not think evilly, nor rejoice in sin;
* rejoices in the truth;
* bears all things;
* believes all things;
* hopes all things;
* endures all things.

In Phillipians 4:8, Paul advises us to think on things that are:

* true;
* noble;
* just;
* pure;
* lovely;
* of good report;
* of any virtue;
* worthy of praise.

In Colossians 3:12-16, the church members are told to put on (wear) these things:

* tender mercies;
* kindness;
* humility;
* meekness;
* patience.

Then, they are further instructed to:

* bear with one another;
* forgive one another;
* love;
* let the peace of God rule their hearts;
* be thankful;
* have the Word live in them;
* teach and admonish one another;
* sing with grace in their hearts.

This is all to be done in the name of Jesus, to further the purposes He came for.

[edit on 9-5-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I believe those people are the spawn of Satan. I see so many people who profess to be Christians, but do not even have a clue. Jesus required his desciples to give away their posessions to the poor and follow him. And to top it off, he threw the money changers out of the temple. Jesus did not pass a collection plate among those who came to hear him preach either.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
funkydung, just crack open the old testament and read through it to understand exactly where these people are coming from. then read where jesus fully supports the scriptures of the hebrews in matthew 5:17.

now, interpret the old testament literally and voila! bigotry.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Its interesting that the folks who these people beleive are doomed to hell seems to be EVERYBODY who isnt in their specific religious cult.
This is classic delusional behaviour and their parents should be tried for mental abuse as they are brainwashing and conditioning their children to ridiculously high levels.
In all probability their kids will turn out to be complete fanatical,prejudiced bigots like their parents who beleive wholeheartedly the fallacy that they are more special or superior to others.
The extremist religious indoctrination shown here is akin to 'Jesus camp' or 'Undercover mosque' and is wholly irresponsible,repugnant and disturbing;if there isnt a law against this mental abuse of children there should be one.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Anybody who is as filled with hate as Fred Phelps can not be in possession of all his faculties.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Look Fred Phelps is basically this:A nutcase.
Now don't jump on the bandwagon and call me a Christian hater but come on.
This guy thinks that the Virginia Tech Massacre and Hurricane Katrian were divine punishments by God for America's 'sins' (i.e. not killing/openly discriminating against homosexuals, allowing others to belive in different denominations of Christianity). Fred seems to believe that the U.S Government is out to destroy him and his 'followers'.
Can someone say 'Waco'?
He's not even 'preaching' really.
To summarise his 'sermons':
*Irrelevant Biblical verses
*Homosexual hatred
*America hatred
*Thanking God
Also his main argument (from emails anyway) seems to be
'And the Lord hated Esau.'

Anyway just my views

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
it could possibly be punishment about hurricane katrina being where it wiped out burbon street BUT i dont believe that God hates homosexuals now he hates the SIN not the MAN commiting the sin.

this is a highly debatable topic as verses can be tossed up from both the Old and New Testaments both showing there case But if we are supposed to live our lives as close to Jesus as possible, knowing he came to fulfill the law, would Jesus hate people?

now as America, if you noticed on nightline and the many different posts on here, are slowly becoming more and more away from God so the Sodom and Ghemorah linkage I can believe but if you remember Lot pleaded with God well if there is 100 people that believe in you will you still destory the city and the plea goes down to like 5 or something and God was willing to show mercy.

as freely as im writing now im going to say soon it will be illegal to profess any kind of faith that deals with one God. for like he said and i believe this we are in the last days.

we should not be thanking God there is dead bodies. But maybe she is on to something she took to mean something like that. What im saying is scripture says we are to rejoice in the bad times and rejoice in the good times. not like that though. there was to many issues that went against a faith she is supposed to believe in.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
If people such as the "good" reverend are permitted to wield anything even vaguely resembling political power than yes, openly professing religious faith of any sort other than that in power could become dangerous, if not illegal. Those days are not even remotely near. I hear and see protestations of faith everywhere I go.

The reverend, and irrelevant, Phelps is a godmongerer of the worst sort. Preaching his hate of America and its ideals, then hiding behind them in order to protect himself and his evil little flock of crows. The sooner we get around to ignoring him, the sooner he'll go away. Hypocritical, evil little man with a god complex. Someone who even Christ himself would probably smack upside the head and tell him to get a clue. 'course than Phelps or one of his evil little satan spawn would probably sue him.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
If people such as the "good" reverend are permitted to wield anything even vaguely resembling political power than yes, openly professing religious faith of any sort other than that in power could become dangerous, if not illegal. Those days are not even remotely near. I hear and see protestations of faith everywhere I go.

The reverend, and irrelevant, Phelps is a godmongerer of the worst sort. Preaching his hate of America and its ideals, then hiding behind them in order to protect himself and his evil little flock of crows. The sooner we get around to ignoring him, the sooner he'll go away. Hypocritical, evil little man with a god complex. Someone who even Christ himself would probably smack upside the head and tell him to get a clue. 'course than Phelps or one of his evil little satan spawn would probably sue him.

is he preaching hate or giving a warning? everything he said is in the bible. america is a christian nation so this shouldnt be any surprise seeing that the scriputres point out that there will be a judgement. the whole story of Sodom and Gomorrah is almost mirror image of america today. i said it earlier that i dont agree with his delivery of the message but it is accurate according to the bible isnt it?

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
america is a christian nation

let me edit that: america is a secular nation with a 70+% majority christian population.

america has been a secular nation since the ratifying of the first amendment. and if you continue calling it a christian nation when the percentage of christians keeps dropping, well.. that's a bit ignorant.
if you call it a christian nation you remove 10% of the population. a group that is among the most productive, law abiding, and educated in the country, atheists.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Madness, do you have some numbers to back up the supposed "model-citizenness" of atheists?

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I am only going to say this much, the man and his followers are into a cathegory of religious fanatics that at one time in history were very popular between the poor in America when people were hungry no only in their stomach but also in their soul, and the only food for their soul was what people like this man would give them.

In today's society his preaching is nothing than garbage.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am only going to say this much, the man and his followers are into a cathegory of religious fanatics that at one time in history were very popular between the poor in America when people were hungry no only in their stomach but also in their soul, and the only food for their soul was what people like this man would give them.

Hatred is an easy trap to fall into. "Righteous" hatred, even easier.

"Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem?"

-Jesus, Luke 13:4

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

but we agree that what he is preaching is accurate according to the bible? back to the story of sodom....the people of sodom were saying the exact same things.....even to the point of hunting them down and wanting to kill them...why? and the angles or messengers were warning about the same things this man is....sexual lusts, materialistic lusts, self worship, etc...completely turning their backs on their own creator. just pointing out the similarities.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sorry but the thread is on "conspiracies in Religions" and the thread "The most hated family in America"

This is not a preaching thread.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So what they're saying is that God holds everyone acountable for the sins of their country?
Salvation isn't individual anymore?

A Christian soldier who is not gay and dies has been killed by God because God has punished that soldier for the subjective idea that this country is "accepting of gays"?

It makes no sense.

All they're doing is preaching hate. For some reason, most likely homophobia, they choose to focus on homosexuality when in reality they could use just about anything.

Why not God hates Obese people? etc..

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Madness, do you have some numbers to back up the supposed "model-citizenness" of atheists?

well, a 1993 census of prisons showed that less that 1% of all people in prison are atheists... when they make up 10% of the population. christians made up a slightly higher percentage of the prison population than the regular population.

though by model citizens i meant more average than anything else. there's no evidence to show that atheists are any worse than christians as citizens.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Ha, maybe the atheists are just better at not getting caught!

No, but seriously, I'll have a (relatively) scholarly debate on this subject when I'm bright and sparkling. Now it's too late.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Ha, maybe the atheists are just better at not getting caught!

No, but seriously, I'll have a (relatively) scholarly debate on this subject when I'm bright and sparkling. Now it's too late.

i'm just saying atheists are just as good as the rest of the population, not having a debate on it. but the point on more well educated comes from the national academy of the sciences doing a self study showing that 90% of their membership is either atheist or aganostic.

the problem is there aren't too many studies on this.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Funky. My freind, God, despite Old Testament scripture to the contrary, does not punish the many for the actions of the few. The wrong reverand Phelps and his flock of crows couldn't be further from the truth of God's message if they tried.

His evil little tirade about the Virginia Tech shooting is proof of vileness of that odios little manthing. Earlier I mentioned he had a God complex, I've since revised my thinking about him, he's gone right past complex into thinking he's God's right hand man, Moses and Job combined, if you will.

Note the facility with which he quotes scripture, and remember that the devil can quote scripture to suit his needs, too. Then take a close look at the vileness he preaches using scripture. Who does he more closely resemble?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join