It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Light Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
New Photon Model
Consider, in dynamic equilibrium, a photon formed by two particles whose electric charges are opposed, and for this reason they attract each other.

This attraction is equilibrated by the centrifugal force generated when rotating one with the other. By rotating electrical charged particles, a perpendicular magnetic field is generated, also perpendicular to a stationary observer.

Dual Particle Nature of Light Proofs
This model explains the following:

1) The duality particle-wave.

2) The reason why it is not possible to have a photon at rest.

3) It is not possible to distinguish if a photon is emitted by matter or antimatter, this sole fact suggests that the photon has to have two opposed electrical charges.

4) It is possible with this model to have a total visualization of the three different polarizations.

5) Due to the electrical charges which are affected by external electrons of matter, it is well understood the phenomena of diffraction and refraction, as well as the interference patterns of one and two slots.

6) The best proof was made with a microwave oscillator and a receptor measuring the field strength, showing clearly the paths of photons in both lineal and circular polarizations

www.lighttheory.com...

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Although the current models suggest a photon is a single particle, experiments have demonstrated that a photon can exist in 2 places simultaneously.
Bizarreness of Light

That is one of the mysteries of light. Another major mystery of light is that it neither increases nor decreases speed in relation to a moving object. What I mean is, no matter how fast an object is moving, the light surrounding that moving object is still calculated at 186,000 miles per second.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
yes its always going 186,000MPS.
so Relative
LOL
I saw this theory 7 years ago...but I like it.

[edit on 9-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This theory might be an explanation for the interference pattern but
I dont see how this theory explains the observer effect.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
that would be entanglement with a two particle photon forceing it through one hole and not allowing it to pass through both.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
that would be entanglement with a two particle photon forceing it through one hole and not allowing it to pass through both.

So an observer still effects it then?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

So an observer still effects it then?

Etshrtslr, while I certainly agree that consciousness has an effect on reality, to what extent it does, we don't know. Until we are able to identify what "reality" is, this question won't be able to be answered.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Etshrtslr, while I certainly agree that consciousness has an effect on reality, to what extent it does, we don't know. Until we are able to identify what "reality" is, this question won't be able to be answered.

SOT,

I guess what I'm trying to get at is the remarkable thing about the double slit experiment is not what light is made of but how an observer effects it.

If this new theory is a better explanation for what constitutes light than I'm all for it.

Whether its an observer or quantum entanglement or whatever else you want to call it that causes a photon to travel through just one slit is the amazing thing about the experiment to me.

new topics

top topics

join