It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theories on why Hell cannot exist...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I actually met one christian who told me also that there
was no such thing as eternal damnation.
He claimed this is nothing more than a biblical misinterpretation.

What happens to the sinners is actually that they are cast
into the flaming pit and consumed completely.
Meaning that they are completely annihilated period.
There is no eternal suffering because God would not be
cruel or vindictive enough to allow it.

So the popular concept of hell as he described it is non-existent but a fallacy instead.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Sheol(Hebrew)and Hades(Greek) both mean the common grave of mankind. There is a possibility for a ressurection from this state.

Gehenna(Hebrew) means eternal destruction, never coming back, for both man and spirt creature or organization. When judment is passed, one in Sheol or Hades can be sentenced straight to Gehenna. This is a person's life actions on trial. Will they still cause disruption to God's order and ruin it for the rest?

All these conditions are in God's mind.
For the living know that they will die, but the dead are concious of nothing at all. The wages sin pays is death.

It is unlawful to exact real eternal punishment. Its only figurative. The wages of sin is only one death. Now being able to come back to life is another story.

Tartarus(Greek) is a condition only the fallen angels are stricken with. These angels can still be active but their powers are limited, such as the power to materialize in human form, and they are in a clouded state of mind, disconnected from God, hense the term in "dense darkness."

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Let me ask you guys something can you avoid sin? Isn't it human nature to sin?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagger
Let me ask you guys something can you avoid sin? Isn't it human nature to sin?

Sin was inheritted by Adam and it won't go away. In some way all humans miss the mark of perfection. Even if you try to be as good as you can be, like being highly moral, something in us is wrong which we can't help.
One must be born perfect to avoid sin and sin's punishment which is death. The wages sin pays is death. But there is hope. Since it is not our fault that we have recieved sin from our original father, Adam, God has made a way out of this catch 22 situation. No man born from Adam could cancel his original error so someone perfect had to die,(an eye for an eye-something of equal value.) that was sinless to cancel that first sin. Jesus was the one who died to undo what Adam lost, to buy back the rest of mankind. This was a gift and people must accept what that death meant and be obediant to the commands of God to the best as they can do, while still being imperfect.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
and damn that disco music in hell!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I'm inclined to agree 100%.

You might not be in the Book of Life, meaning not go to Heaven for eternal life....but dying and ceasing to exist does not equate to a fire & brimstone eternal suffering of Hell.

I've heard this from biblical scholars and even preachers countless times.

"Hell" is manmade.

im pretty sure "hell" was invented by the catholic curch as a way to keep people in the curch and to keep the money flowing.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I believe Jezebel's theory. It makes perfect sense. Supposedly, God gave the gift of "Choice" to man. If we choose to decide things for ourself's then why would we be punished for it. If we decide NOT to believe in God, then thats our right that He gave us. Example, I give my son a Toy he never asked for, and I found out he never played with it, then I punish him. That would make no sense. The bible says God created man in his own likeness, well who the hell has seen God except for his son Jesus? And did Jesus ever once in the bible explain to anyone what his father looks like? So infact If God created us in his likeness, then maybe he has tempers, feels depressed, feels happy, gets angry, feels bored etc.. In which case this would turn out to be a sick game in the end. Your body also stores energy, there are all sorts of microscopic electrons running through your brain etc. When you die that energy is released, Ok so someone explain what that means..

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just wait until the next super caldera explodes and then repeat your research.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
jezebel

So if you think you are "good" and they are "evil", but they thought they were "good" and you were "evil", who is right? .

Why me of course

I understand what you are saying but if I am stalking killing and skinning kids and eating the parts I am a f*cked up evil b*stard no matter how good I think I am.
I am not tracing evil from the bible anyone can read my posts and know I am not a bible thumper but somethings are wrong

[Edited on 10-1-2004 by Amuk]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join