It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I learn to heal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I want to learn to heal or erase bad energy from people.
This is something I have been interested in for quite some time but fleetingly until recently.
I had a very very close call with death and my perspective changed immediately. What I had been toying with in the past became a full fledged reality and I feel impressed upon to "do" something for others.

Since my experience I have been changed and I feel the need to take away others pain. I don't really understand the full extent of this so I hope I am not sounding like a nut. I know their are people on this site that are full of insight and I am hoping that one of you out there understands what it is I am asking for.

I have looked into many web site concerning healing i.e. Reiki, meditation etc... but the problem is I don't know how to bring this to fruition.

Can someone kindly point me in the right direction and give me some of your experiences and wisdom.

So greatly appreciated.

- D

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Some of the best people for taking away the pain of others I ever met were (good) massage therapists. I have had damage in my leg from a motorcycle accident soothed and fixed by one, and shoulder and back spasms from stress healed by another.

A good massage therapist has hands that you can feel the energy flowing through. they get warm to the touch.

Most people store stress in their bodies in some manner, and the stress translates to sore, tight muscles, muscle spasms, etc. If it goes untreated long enough, it can affect the body permanently, or make a person sick in other ways.

As an added bonus massage therapists make a really good living.

My advice is to look into massage. Go to local massage schools and see if you can observe. Maybe "volunteer" for students to practice on to get an idea of what style you'd like to practice. There are many different types from light Swedish massage to deep tissue fascia work (which is my favorite and the most effective).

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the suggestion. Problem is I would be a terrible massage therapist I don't actually like to touch people. I know go figure.

I would love to be able to do this time of thing cogitively, through thought or intent.

I know there are people out here on this site so anyone that has more suggestions I would be grateful.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
go to medical school, find a discipline in which you can heal people and go through with it. that's the easiest way you can learn to heal, science.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DDay

I think that you are participating in one area already. As I am a prime example of that. Personally, I tend to frown on reikii, as I had an acquaintance who was heavily involved with it, and she was trying to get a friend of mine involved. I counseled my friend against it, because it has WRONG kinds of spirits attached to it.
Thank God, my friend decided to listen to me, but the other lady didn't. She began a downward spiral into some very strange phenomena. She began hearing rappings on the floor under her bed and in the walls. Then she began continuous calls to the local police, telling them that someone was out to get her, because they were attaching things to her bed and shocking her at night.
The cops quickly wrote her off as a nut case, and stopped responding. She saw no choice but to give her home away to complete strangers, and began living in her car. A month later, my friend was worried about her, and when she couldn't locate her, she called the authorities in Fredericksburg, and was told that they found her in her car, dead by suicide. She had connected a hose to the exhaust and taken her life.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay

I would love to be able to do this time of thing cogitively, through thought or intent.

Well, not to be a party-pooper or anything, but there have been no scientifically verified cases of this happening at all. I personally don't think it is possible. Sure, there are people who will tell you it's possible. They're after your money, though.

I've sought proof of this stuff all my life. I live in an area that is chock-a-block with newage and spiritual practitioners, and though the best of them can seem as though they're helping you, unless it's an actual hands-on massage of some kind, it's not real.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

DDay has already proven to have very strong cognitive powers. take a read of some of the last posts in this thread..www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=3485791#pid3485791
I hope i did that right, but it's a thread under 'strange medical malady, Has this ever happened to you?' It should be on page 4 by this time.

join