It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Explanantion of who the Beast is!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Now before all the believers jump to defend the Clergy's Interpretation of these particular verses of the Bible hear me out ok....

Revelation 14:9-11 mentions that those who shall worship the beast will basically be smited ( New Testament ).

Now if you were to ask me what a beast is back in those days I would unequivocly say the writer meant an animal such as a cow...or more to the point a golden bull such as that Aaron made, much to the disgust of Moses.

Basically I am saying that the story of Revalations has been literally interpreted as a "single evil man" when in fact it is metaphoric so that it would span time and lingistics to represent mans decent into materialism, selfness and worship of the beast ( as in the days of moses = cow ).

The 12 horns are metaphoric for many nations worshipping pointless things and the trumpets are the "wise" here now that can see it for what it is, yelling and screaming so the stupid can hear and as loud as the most possible loud thing man had at the time of its writing - trumpets.

The whore of Babylon is in reference to decadent times when people succumed to their pleasures. The list can go on and on but I want people to comment on this as I had an Epiphany this arvo whilst driving home listening to Alex Jones believe it or not.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Beast is manifested as spiritual impulse working on multiple levels, from inspiration of science and people realizing there is something more than one angry made-up god to real incarnation in flesh.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
the writings/visions were meant to be both metaphor and actuality,
meant to symbolize the spiritual world and the physical world,
to that esorteric mindset that type of concepualization was of the highest
order...i.e. inspired.
while it's true that 'beast' was a image of an animal & a metaphor of the age/times/situation
its also true that the 'beast' label put on a man is also a description of depravity, and of that person abandoning any higher moral or altruistic self

the visions of Revelation has a number of 'Beasts'
one is evidently some geo-political/religious entity which the whore sits upon
another 'beast' is come out of the sea
another 'beast' is come out from land
these two beasts are inferred as anti-christ & false prophet and go about
doing human things, like getting a mortal head wound & healing, taking over three kingdoms(nations), causing all men to receive a mark, making fire come down from the sky, causing war & mayhem

your right, but only telling part of the story
imo

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Could the fire from the sky be bombs?

Could the beast from the water be someone, or a group of people from a coastline, whereas the land beast is someone from, maybe the middle east, or mid' Africa?

There is no way to know if that part of the bible was an actuality, a metaphor, or simply a mad man writing nonsense...or worse yet, a children's story about a mad man writing nonsense.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
More i check out 'holy' books more i am convinced Beast will be global movement of people who are tired listening to insane people believing into some fictional deity and killing and make laws because of that mind construct.

I believe in modern psychiatry this would classify as criminally insane. In other words, if you follow 'holy' books like Bible or Qu'ran word-by-word you are by all means criminally insane and danger to civilized society.

Just look:
"And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made the man." (Genesis 9:5-6)

"And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain." (Deuteronomy 2:34)

"And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Hesbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city. But all the cattle, and the spoil of the cities we took for a prey to ourselves." (Deuteronomy 3:6-7)

"And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and woman: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house." (Ezekiel 9:5-6)

"And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword." (Joshua 6:21)

"The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance. He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked." (Psalms 58:10)

"And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel. And the LORD said unto Moses, 'Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.'" (Numbers 25:3-4)

Ha! And they have the nerve to tell Antichrist will decapitate, just read what i pasted FROM BIBLE above.

Now, think about it. This is what they don't want you to do, thinking i mean.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The bottomless pit will be from where the masses come forth to bring war against Israel/Jerusalem.

For each one killed, his brother and son will take his place, making 2 fighters out of the death of 1 fighter. This is the wisdom of the prophets of the modern age.

So, in essence, Iraq is the bottomless pit, Palestine(Gaza/West Bank) is the bottomless pit, and is Chechnya, and is Uzbekistan, and is Pakistan, and is Southern Afghanistan. The fire is being fanned throughout the entire Eurasian region, and into Africa. Soon, Eastern Europe will see trouble again. And then what of the West?

For each innocent slain creates at least 1 fighter, possible 2 or more, depending on the family size. This is how people live over 'there', an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. You kill our family member, we kill yours, then we are even, thats how Arab tribes and West Asian peoples are.

Simply being on there land is a pretext for them to kill you without any moral disdain or any regret. It is even 'okayed' in the Religion of the area, to kill the foreign occupier.

You may think I'm just bashing Islam and Arabs, I'm not. They are quite hospitable, and a great people. And if you come as a friend, they will treat you with greatness and be courteous. They are people of profound respect and honor, and you simply can't do what has been done without starting something massive.

The spark of Al-Qaeda and its' terrorism has spread through Iraq and Afghanistan by a dumpage of fuel from the actions of Western Armed Forces. They were but a spark, but you see, killing innocents, even if you cant help it, causes the fuel effect, more people join the movement. Look at Vietnam. It was Communism, but the South Koreans joined up eventually. The "Viet-Cong" as they were known were SOUTH KOREAN guerrillas, not NVA.

So that is the pit. The Messenger from the pit is obviously Osama bin Laden because well, no other figure has ever before held as much sway over the masses when it came to inciting violence, inciting mass murder and killing in the name of God. None before were of his stature. And if hes dead, or dies soon, it matters nothing. Because it's his image, and his message, he inspires them, moves them. So his death in effect would be an ultimate martyrdom to them and inspire them even MORE.

The beast from the sea is the U.S. & NATO Forces in the Asian Theatre

The beast from the land is Al-Qaeda and affiliates in the African/Asian Theatre

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang

So, in essence, Iraq is the bottomless pit, Palestine(Gaza/West Bank) is the bottomless pit, and is Chechnya, and is Uzbekistan, and is Pakistan, and is Southern Afghanistan. The fire is being fanned throughout the entire Eurasian region, and into Africa. Soon, Eastern Europe will see trouble again. And then what of the West?

I have equated the falling of the WTC with Chapter 9 in the book of Revelation almost since a week after it happened. If my suspicion is true, then your comment is valid.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
how about this: the beast is an allegorical figure. it's not that crazy considering that jesus spoke in parables and that most of the old testament is allegorical.

top topics

join