It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The tomb of King Herod.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This is always interesting news when a discovery is made,

An archaeologist claims he has found the tomb of King Herod, the ruler of Judea, Info on him,

It is believed the site has been found at Herodium, a site south of Jerusalem,

They say no bones where found, possible removed many years ago,

www.imra.org.il...

Experts are saying they want this is writing before really taking this as the tomb,

HERODIUM, West Bank -- Under a baking sun, pieces of limestone carved with rosettes and geometrical designs lay in three excavated pits Tuesday -- a desert site Israeli archaeologists say is the tomb of King Herod, who ruled the Holy Land when Christ was born.
The find, which could provide insights into one of the Bible's most reviled yet influential figures, includes pieces of an ornate sarcophagus, but no bones and no inscription that would seal the identification.

www.suntimes.com...

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Interesting and good post Asala!

Last night, on the History channel, hubby and I were watching "Digging for the Truth", hosted by Josh Bernstein. It's a week-long crusade where Josh (looks like Indiana Jones lol) takes the viewers to many different archeolgical places around the world.

Herod's tomb was the 1st on his trek; afterwards went on to discuss about King David.

There was physical evidence to support the actual digging site of Herod's tomb (found on a hill topside), but alas, no body was found (perhaps moved elsewhere for fear of looters and such). Remains to be seen.

In interesting show to say the least.

[edit on 9-5-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Bill O'Rieley made a good point about this on his radio show yesterday. There is very little evidence that this is actually King Herrod's tomb. Yet the archeologists were quick to say that it was King Herrod's tomb. Why? Because with a big name connected to the finding is sure to bring in the big bucks in grant money as well as a special on the Discovery Channel.

So Bill proposed that he wound personally lead an archeological expedition to find the grave of Goliath. How hard could it be? Find a bunch of graves created around the correct time frame, find the biggest grave, ('cause Goliath was a big guy, duh!) and claim that it's the grave of Goliath. Then sit back and watch the grant money roll in.

"Yeah dawg, big benjamins for the tomb raiderz, yo!"

BTW, I love ancient history, but I cannot, CANNOT stand Josh Bernstien and his show. His bland voice along with his timid personality on the field makes me fall asleep every time I try to watch. It takes more than a fedora and chin stubble to be an Indiana Jones.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
i like that i seen a discovery channel thing where they went through the whole book of genesis and found all of it to be true. and right after it it talked about the early isrealites being great warriors it was real cool to see something like that not on christian stations you know?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Hey Follower, just a friendly reminder: If you want people to take you seriously and respond to your posts, USE PROPER PUNCTUATION.

For instance, capitalize the first letter of every sentence. Also, don’t use “and” or “but” in the beginning of a sentence. They are conjunction words and have no business in the front of a sentence.

Please also observe the power of commas. You see, they break up separate ideas of a sentence. Just like this, that, there, here, and so on…

Did you notice that I have separate spaces between my intro, capitalization usage, comma usages, and this body of text? That’s an aid for better reading comprehension for all who read this post. I’ve given each subject an area to breathe.

I hope this helps. Cheers!

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
What they're actually saying is that this is the tomb of Herod the Great and not Herod Antipas, his son. Herod is mentioned in the "Slaughter of the Innocents" (an event which apparently never took place) en.wikipedia.org...

There's a lot of Christian folklore built up around both Herods, most of it from medieval times.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowboy Clint
Hey Follower, just a friendly reminder: If you want people to take you seriously and respond to your posts, USE PROPER PUNCTUATION.

For instance, capitalize the first letter of every sentence. Also, don’t use “and” or “but” in the beginning of a sentence. They are conjunction words and have no business in the front of a sentence.

Please also observe the power of commas. You see, they break up separate ideas of a sentence. Just like this, that, there, here, and so on…

Did you notice that I have separate spaces between my intro, capitalization usage, comma usages, and this body of text? That’s an aid for better reading comprehension for all who read this post. I’ve given each subject an area to breathe.

I hope this helps. Cheers!

When it comes to using proper punctuation and the like, I prefer to leave it to the moderators to discern 'proper and exact'- linguistic styles that are exceptable to this forum.

The Mods will intervene at 'acceptable' points, and add their 'stance' to the equation.

Far be it for me, to tell people HOW to 'ennunciate their sentences', unless a persons' post is not legible for discertation.

I hope this helps as well. Cheers

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
im sorry people respond to what i say just fine with the spelling/commas/capitals/predicates/or compund words i use i am truly sorry please forgive me if i continue to use the pronuciation that so fits my style if you chose not to like it then dont respond to me. i hope this did not offend you as it was not ment to get under you skin. cheers!

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Okay, now, back to the tomb...

I seriously have to speculate if any of this is true. Is there ANY actual proof that this is the right tomb? Until I see something that says otherwise, I'm choosing to believe this is not the real tomb.

new topics

top topics

join