It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"A GHOST!" ..what would you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
if you saw a ghost/ shadow person standing right in front of you right now what would you do?

ghost are not evil so i would try to have a cup of coffee with it.

what would you do? run, throw somethin at it?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Try to make contact with it.

I'm a believer that many of these "ghosts" are trapped/bound to the places they dwell for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those freaky haunts people encounter are actually spirits desperately seeking help. I'd imagine it to be very hard to get an S.O.S across if you didn't have a body and were somehow still present in this realm. I think their attempts at contact just appear scary as all hell to the living.

I see no reason how it couldn't be possible to encounter harmful spirits either. Plenty of rotten people have walked the earth. Unless your consciousness transforms after death, why would this change just because you no longer have a body?

[edit on 9-5-2007 by massexodus]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well...I for one would grab my digital camera and voice recorder and try to get an image of it on film or an E.V.P. I always keep them handy here at home....just in case.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
ha i asked my friend this question and his reply was intersting...

he said," i would try to hug it"
his reason was a good one... the reason he would want to do this is because he thinks it would get scared of him and run away screeming its ghostly head off

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Pardon the humour but I would probably run for the bathroom to change my underwear, while screaming my head off!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
All I could do is study it closely till it disappeared into thin air.

mikell

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucanneverdie
if you saw a ghost/ shadow person standing right in front of you right now what would you do?

'Scuse me, but how old are you? 10,12?

Please attempt to contribute something of more value.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Dependong on what kind of energy it gives...we all have natural receptors in our bodies that alerts us if something gives off a Good or Bad Vibe.

In my parents first home, we had what some people call a 'Poltergeist' meaning our cabinets would open and at night our pots and pans would rattle. But nobody ever saw an entity or was ever hurt.

It wasnt till I experienced my first Sleep Paralysis fear that I saw a shadow person. At the same time, my oldest bro (who was the only brother of the three to meet my Granpa before he died) saw Grandpa's spirit for years. He told my Grandma and my mom things that happened in their lives that he couldnt have possibly known at his age.

But he also said that another 'Man' was in the house and Grandpa was protecting us from him. As we got older, my Mom told us that the house we lived in as kids, had a previous owner that died in his living room.

My oldest brother said he knew about it the whole time, and gave her a name and description of what the previous owner looked like. He said that he was a bitter, sad man who died before he could tell his children he loved him. He became desperate for attention in the afterlife, but Grandpa kept him from going overboard.

I believe my brother because the few times I saw a shadow person in that house, I got a sense of bitterness.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
All I could do is study it closely till it disappeared into thin air.

mikell

Interesting to me that you would say that, mike. That's exactly what I did in 1998 in my bedroom when I saw a 2 foot diameter black mist in the corner above my bathroom door adjacent to the walk in closet. I was just reading in bed and happened to look up and spotted it's form moving in slow motion with twisting arms of semi-transparent black smoke. The first few seconds I was a little disconcerted but it continued to move slowly at the top of the door jam so I just rubbed my eyes, blinked and it stayed for around 3 minutes. I just stayed still to watch it. It was one of the most fascinating things I ever witnessed. I wanted to call out to my wife but she was downstairs beyond voice range (we have so much ambient noise in the house -- airconditioning, downstairs T.V. etc.).
I have spoken about this before in posts about so-called "shadow people" but I have to admit I did get a sense of some kind of intelligence in it's movements.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucanneverdie

the real question is, can you sleep with it.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The most important thing for me personally would be to keep my wits about me. I am sure my natural inclination would be fight or flight, as has been my reaction to my other very few paranormal experiences.

Once I got myself under control I think the most beneficial thing would be to study it as others have said. For me, that does not mean running for your voice recorder or your digital camera, I already believe in paranormal phenomena and the ability of spiritual entities to manifest them/itself in the visible spectrum. There's no point in me trying to get it on hard copy just for someone to debunk it, regardless of somethings authenticity there is always some expert skilled enough to call it fake. Studying for me would most importantly include an attempt at communicaton. Not with voice mind you, not everyone speaks English here on our little rock whose to say that's the Spiritual language of choice for all entities human or in-human?

I also believe in latent telepathic abilities in everyone so I would attempt to open myself up to such communication. From what I understand it generally comes in images not words. From there ask it all the relevant questions you can think of. Who were/are you, how did you get here, etc. you know the drill.

I would like to think that once a method of communication is established, said entity would be likely to return and continue the discussion....let's just hope he's the friendly sort.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by Baphomet79]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Just watched an episode of 'Ghostly Encounters' on The Biography Channel, entitled: “21 - Ghosts of the Murdered”

“21 - Ghosts of the Murdered”
Sunday, May 11 @ 7:30 pm ET

Rated: TVPG
Running Time: 30 Minutes

The macabre ghosts of murder victims are particularly disturbing, and those shocking visions deeply affect both Anthony and Heather, who is even frightened away from her dream job because of one.

The story told by Anthony Ennis was -extremely- compelling and utterly believeable. He calmly told his story as an adult, recounting a childhood experience he had walking into his shower in the apartment where he lived with his mother and sister and looked up and saw a "completely solid" woman in a torn dress standing in his shower stall.

He said he was just getting ready for school, so 'ghosts' were the last thing he'd have on his mind.

The relevant part to this discussion is that he said he was frozen while in the presence of this apparition (my word), couldn't speak or move. Then, it faded away, and he could suddenly call for his sister.

His was one of the most rational and patient and calm retellings of a psychic (?) or paranormal experience I've ever seen

(Turned out a woman had been murdered there and thrown off the balcony).

There's more to the story, but it really makes you think there's something going on, and it's not just a function of the human nervous system. Having said that, I wouldn't be too surprised if a camera would not have picked up anything.

So in some circumstances one may not have any choice in how they react to events like this.

2 cents.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I would probably just freeze, and stare at it.

I would like to think I would be able to communicate with the entity, though you never know until the situation is at hand how you will react.

I have seen the shadow "people", at my old apartment and here at my new home. Maybe they followed me! At the apartment, I was physically tapped, like poked, on my shoulder. And one day, I was laying in my bed, about to drift off, when I felt a hand on my shoulder, as if beckoning me to turn my head and see what they need. When I did, no one was there.

Sometimes when I see the shadows, I ask out loud if they need something, who are you, but I havent gotten an answer yet.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hopefully i could take a picture with a camera phone and bring it on here so everyone can either debunk it and check it out.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by alienstar]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well, i'd first say "Hi", and then mentally ask whether or not it needs help with anything.

If not, i might consider exorcising it right there and then.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Darn! I'd scream my head off and run away as fast as I could and start flipping on all the lights inside the house, assuming the sudden appearance occurred at night! NO!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'd like to think I'd do something bold, but I'd probably end up soiling my pants or near enough to it that it wouldn't matter...

top topics

join