It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i found this site which has interesting Mars pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
i found this site which has interesting Mars pics, and would like people opinions on them, i think it looks very interesting and does look like what they say it is, pics are from NASA probes and are RAW image no filters.

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I think most of those are natural formations. You are used to interpreting what you see and that's why you see a face or a turtle in hills. It's called pareidolia. The only that I can't think of an explanation right now are those glass tunnels. Maybe it's a strange riverbed, but I don't really know.

Phil Blait about Pareidolia: www.badastronomy.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I've never seen those pics before and you think pictures that odd would get more publicity. And with these pictures, I think that people are always going to see what they want to see.

People have looked to hard and when they find the slightest odd thing, aka the face, they assume that it was artificially made. But that will never change, people won't always be dissuaded by the contrary. That is, mars isn't just flat, theres going to be some odd rock formations, wow they found a circle shaped crater and some ravines in a line, just amazing
, we've never seen that before

Believe what you want to believe, it's a mtter of opinion.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
When all these strange pictures are put on one website so conveniently (even coloured in to make sure we cant see anything but these 'faces') its easy to forget that we are dealing with the entire surface of a planet of comparable size to earth.

If earth was stripped of all its oceans, and you examined the entire planet from space you are going to find many interesting looking natural formations also.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
When all these strange pictures are put on one website so conveniently (even coloured in to make sure we cant see anything but these 'faces') its easy to forget that we are dealing with the entire surface of a planet of comparable size to earth.

If earth was stripped of all its oceans, and you examined the entire planet from space you are going to find many interesting looking natural formations also.

Are you sceptical about every supposed anomaly or all but Cydonias "face"?

I ask you specifically because I am afraid I would be hard pushed to find many others to give me a thoughtful, studied answer.

I think our hope for life on Mars has possessed us. It seems like we are on our way to THE great discover of the last few generations, we are desperate.

I believe there has been life on Mars, not only because I want to believe but I think there is enough proof and enough chance for this to be true.

I would say the famous "FAce" is a man-made structure, these other images, the animal images etc, I think are just wishful thinking gone frighteningly psycho!

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There are many interesting formations on Mars, many of which suggest that at one time at least Mars may have had liquid oceans. It might even turn out that there is still liquid water somewhere on the planet.

Most of these 'faces' and signs however are rather a stretch, the original Mars face still holds the title. But that Damn MGS pretty much cut it down to size.

science.nasa.gov...

This place even has a funky 3d image of the face from MGS.
www.msss.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think the faces look a bit unreal, the hieroglyphics look like they could possibly be ligit, the water or ice is very possible.

top topics

join