It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me make this possible, its worth everything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
interact10ways.com...

This site

incredible

I need this for something I am creating

I swear I need to learn this

I have cs3 suite

an this is one thing I need to complete'

any help or direction will benefit greatly

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
All I see in the page that your link directs to is a blank black page.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Oh, wow. That's pretty amazing. I can just imagine the kind of work they did to create it. (
)

I know it takes quite takes lots of experience and artistic "vision" to create a photographic collage, especially ones like these - if you were to do it by hand. I don't know if it's something you can "teach" on the Internet in a couple of sentences.

But the digital age has made it a lot easier. There are software packages made exclusively for making photo collages like ArcSoft Photo Montage, pretty the best one, but also one of the more expensive ones(?). There's also Wondershare Photo Collage Studio with a free trial period.

But seeing that you have CS3, and I don't know anything about it, maybe this site can help you out:

Tutorial 1
- Now all you need to do is export it as flash, and make lots and lots of them.

All that said, I'm not sure exactly what your question is.
Do you want to know the "programming"/how-to behind the Flash Program, or how to create the collages, or something else?

Hmm... I wasn't of any help, was I... Then why did I post?

@Mechanic32 – It’s a Flash ActiveX, so your Browser’s security (settings) is blocking it.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

@Mechanic32 – It’s a Flash ActiveX, so your Browser’s security (settings) is blocking it.

Doh!!!!!

And I thought the poor guy was REALLY having a hard time. I'll check the settings, thanks.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
All I can say is wow! You could get lost there for virtually hours.

I couldn't get it to work in Firefox though, had to pull out I.E. (!@#$%^&) to view it.

So what exactly do you need to know, rags??

I know that I can't help, but your request is not very specific.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
But seeing that you have CS3, and I don't know anything about it, maybe this site can help you out:

Tutorial 1

I don't think the Photoshop CS3 method is the same thing. It appears to me it's just using the same exact pattern of flags with different shading applied to create the images, instead of mixing up the flags independently and without color changes to approximate the image.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't think the Photoshop CS3 method is the same thing. It appears to me it's just using the same exact pattern of flags with different shading applied to create the images, instead of mixing up the flags independently and without color changes to approximate the image.

I'm not going to argue. I have little knowledge of Photoshop, and that's the best I could do in terms of tutorials, seeing that CS3 is relatively new. I'm sure someone else can come up with something better.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Here's a free mosaic maker for Mac OS X

www.versiontracker.com...

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
ok thanks for your guys help so far

but I just wanted to clear my question up a little bit

Yea I want to understand the programming behind, since it is all flash, I was thinking about doing the same thing.

There are a lot of these on the site and it is very interesting how they are created...

I just wish I knew more about flash and so on

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I think the Flash part is probably pretty easy.

First you need to use a program like that MacOSaiX one I posted to create a bunch of mosaic images, then use it again to make mosaics of the same mosaic images out of the mosaics.

Then you just put it all together in flash so you can zoom in recursively.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think the Flash part is probably pretty easy.

First you need to use a program like that MacOSaiX one I posted to create a bunch of mosaic images, then use it again to make mosaics of the same mosaic images out of the mosaics.

Then you just put it all together in flash so you can zoom in recursively.

In my opinion Flash is one of the most difficult "languages" (maybe not the language, just the environment). But then again it may be because I use Macromedia Flash 8, which is everything but user friendly.

Anyway, the cool thing about the Web is, you'll always find something you want to do, that was done by someone else...
Free Zoom Project
This is a little flash project (you'll probably need something like Macromedia Flash to open it) which Zooms pictures. You'll have to make a couple of small changes which doesn't really involve programming. So this is what you do:
1. Create an endless "array" of photo collages using either CS3, MacOSaiX as suggested by djohnsto77, or any other software you prefer.
2. Change the pictures in the sample project with your own, and add the extra ones.
3. Make sure there are as many Panels as you have pictures.
4. This is the tricky part: I suggest you create a "bullets" line for each panel (i.e. each picture). And it has to be the size of the picture-inside-the picture... This is kinda difficult to explain in words..
There are easier ways, but that would involve complex program arrays, which I won't be able to explain right now. Anyway... So you create a "bullet grid" for the clickable area (i.e. the area you want to zoom). BUT the difference is you can't have bullets or any visible "buttons" which means that either your pictures will have to be broken up in smaller parts with on-click actions/events, OR you'll have to create "invisible" buttons/objects with on-click actions.
5. Now you have to wrap it up. Where the example has a clear beginning and end, you'll have to create a complex "grid" of links. I.e. where the example says "If you click on bullet 1, then zoom to picture 2". And your options are just 1 to 5. Nothing difficult there. Where yours will say "If you click on this section of picture 1, then goto picture 2. If you click on this section of picture 2 goto picture 9... And so on, which means that picture 68 can possibly link back to picture 1, thus completing the circle. As I said, it would be much easier if you could do it in an array, but I'm not going to assume that you have a certain level of programming skills.

Well, that's how I would do it. Perhaps someone else can suggest an easier way, because looking back, mine looks way to complex.

top topics

join