It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i remember seeing a Horizon that said that water is magnetic and can record DNA and other stuff on i

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
i remember seeing a Horizon that said that water is magnetic and can record DNA and other stuff on it.

its just something i remember seeing on TV while back, i will try and find some links on this.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
well if you go to the BBC site and look up Horizon I'm sure you'll be able to find a link for us.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
You talking about Heavy Water?

Go to newscientist.com and u'll find something about it.

NewScientist

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
You talking about Heavy Water?

Heavy water is water that has the H2 isotope (Deuterium) as the hydrogen instead of the normal H1 isotope. The difference is that Deuterium has an extra neutron and is therefore heavier. The extra neutron has no charge, so there is not a difference in it's magnetic properties.

Blobby, do you really the water as a liquid is magnetic? The individual water molecules do have a very small positive charge on one side and a very small negative on the other, due to the fact the oxygen and hydrogen don't have the same electron affinity. It would seem to me that the movement of the molecules in liquid water makes it impossible to water the charges of the water molecules ordened in such a place that the entire water is magnetic, but maybe there's something I didn't of. I would be interested in a link as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It was a guess amantine...

If we can get the link then we'll see ok

new topics

top topics

join