It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever opened a concert better than Elvis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm in my mid-thirties and have seen many a concert, unfortunately I never got to see Elvis perform. From what I've seen and heard on video and concert DVDs, Elvis' concert opening was a masterpiece and befitting the greatest entertainer who ever lived.

Note this video is all I could find. It's Elvis on a Jumbotron with a live band playing, but this is how he opened his concerts when he was alive. Gives me chills!

On a personal note, I wanted Strauss' Also Sprach Zarathustra to be played every time I came up to bat in softball, but my team, and more importantly the ball park operators, said no. One of my many disappointments in life!

Peace

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Damn!

I am fired up after watching that. Huge fan of Elvis, and after watching that, royally pissed that I never caught him in concert. That is how it is done! Man, I can just imagine what it was like to be in one of those seats.

I'm a huge concert goer and try to make it to two or three big name bands a year, but for the most part, none of them had huge openings.

When I went to the Rolling Stones in September, they probably had the best opening. A four or five minute build up that grew louder, louder and louder very slowly. After a few minutes, very unexpectedly, a butt load of fireworks were fired off and the sky was lit up in a bright, bright red.

Then there was silence for a few seconds.

After the silence was growing a little eery, another loud bang went off and they came out with "Paint it Black" rocking.

Goosebumps were standing on end when they pumped that one out.

Here's a shot of when they fired the first set of fireworks off. (Cheap disposable camera, but I think this one turned out well)

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Elvis was the King, but nobody could beat KISS' intro.

They had the amazing ones every tour, but the Love Gun/Alive II one had to be the best.

The smoke, the fire, the risers, bombs.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hey chiss, I hope the Stones sounded better at your concert than they did at the Super Bowl a couple years back. Mick sounded like he swallowed broken glass or something. Never got to see them in concert either unfortunately.

Edit: Kiss was definately a show!

Peace

[edit on 9-5-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Jethro Tull blew me away and I haven't come back yet.

top topics

join