It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Helicopter Attack Leaves Many Children Dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Indiscriminate Fire

Let's please try to remember that ATS isn't a "free-fire zone" and be respectful of the right of ATSers to have differing opinions.

It's okay to disagree about this or any topic and okay to point out fallacies, contradictions and falsehoods in articles or posts, but it's not okay to attack other members for expressing their opinions.

In this case, I recommend bearing in mind that stories of this kind will necessarily incite emotional (and often reflexive) responses. I also recommend considering that in war the first casualty is the truth.

The report seems to be very preliminary in nature and is attributed to unnamed and uncorroborated sources.

It would probably be wise to get more information before coming to any conclusions.

[edit on 5/11/2007 by Majic]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Majic, I'm all for the freedom of expression and opinion, but when someone actually advocates and applauds the killing of children because they MIGHT grow up to be terrorists (they could as equally grow up and be doctors for crying out loud), something has to be said.

Of is ATS now allowing people to promote racially motivated killing because a few people from that racial group are terrorists? That is what IAF said. Read his post.

EDIT: I might add, wether the story is verified or not, what he said shouldn't be allowed to stand.

If someone had something like that about Black or Jewish people, they would have got a warning.

[edit on 11/5/07 by stumason]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Pay no attention to the post above, nonsense deserves no response. Anyone foolish enough to think that way clearly does not know what they are talking about nor do they care for a logical or sensible argument... :shk:

here

quote from american general:-

"they are turkeys (i.e irakis).. ..and we are here on a turkey shoot"

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
here

i don't suppose you have a source for that please?

I mean, I could say that the Queen said:

"I'm a lesbian reptile from venus and I like to eat babies..."

Doesn't make it true

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
here

Really? What General said that, where was it said, and when? Links? Sources?

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Maybe we should start shooting American kids too - a few less racist ignorant morons in the world...

Not every Iraqi is a bad person.

Children are pretty much defined universally as innocents, no?

(Well, except for american children, the only ones that can be sentenced to the death penalty.. )

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I try to keep up with this story, but so far I can not find anything else to collaborate the original post.

Does anybody has any news on the killing of the children?

Hold the horses, it seems that Aljazera has something on their site.

BAGHDAD, 10 May 2007 — The US military yesterday denied reports that a helicopter gunship fired on a primary school north of Baghdad but confirmed at least two children were killed in an attack on insurgent bombers.

www.aljazeera.com...

It seems that it was a mistake by the pilot.

[edit on 13-5-2007 by marg6043]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inannamute
Maybe we should start shooting American kids too - a few less racist ignorant morons in the world...

Not every Iraqi is a bad person.

Children are pretty much defined universally as innocents, no?

(Well, except for american children, the only ones that can be sentenced to the death penalty.. )

Right, because this is exactly the kind of response that's needed. Do people think before responding?

Edit:The article says it was an Apache gunship that was responsible.

What I want to know is, what was the Aerial Gunner doing that he wasn't directly responsible for the use of the weapons? Apache pilots don't use the gunship as a primary weapons, the gunners do. At least that's what I've read. There are two people in the cockpit, a pilot and a gunner. Did the troops who apologized say "Pilot error" just to make things simple and not complicate things by saying "This is what the gunner perceived and what the Pilot said and what they were cleared to do"?

Sounds weird to me. And yeah, there are reports that the gunship received fire first and was merely defending itself by returning fire. Which I think the dumbest thing you could do is open fire on a gunship considering it has more guns than you.

Shattered OUT...

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 13-5-2007 by ShatteredSkies]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join