It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seems, the Chicoms are preparing for future war with the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2002 @ 09:16 AM
link   
China is developing high-technology arms, including laser weapons and radio-frequency bombs, to boost its ability to successfully carry out warfare against the United States and other advanced military powers, according to a recent Pentagon report.
Beijing's communist rulers also are using strategic deception to fool the international community about China's long-term goals, says the annual report to Congress on the People's Liberation Army.
Among the key weapons are:
�Laser guns that can be used to blind soldiers and pilots and knock out U.S. space-based intelligence and communications networks.
�Radio-frequency weapons that will electronically cripple command and control electronic systems and make it impossible for militaries hit by the bombs or missile warheads to conduct integrated warfare operations.
�Information operations from computers that would attack computer-based infrastructures with viruses or other malicious codes.
Military analysts say the report provides new details on China's clandestine military force modernization.more....

posted on Nov, 26 2002 @ 09:39 AM
link   
China preparing to be the worlds number 1 military superpower is nothing new, they have openly strived for a long time to to this. I fear that in 20 years that they will far exceed us at the rate they are going, think of it, CHina's population combined with technology equal to ours? they will be unbeatable

posted on Nov, 26 2002 @ 09:44 PM
link   
China has a long way to go before reaching pariity with the US(if it ever happens !). These technologies they are working on have been researched in the US , for a least the last 20 years.
China has almost no domestic hi-tech industry, all there stuff is either stolen from the US (mostly) or is sold to China ( thanks very much Clinton ).
As well, where is all the money going to come from. People can talk about an increased defence budget, but in real terms it is nothing compared to the US.

PS. The most dangerous area, I think maybe the information operations the article talk about. Vastly cheaper than building military hardware.

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
China preparing to be the worlds number 1 military superpower is nothing new, they have openly strived for a long time to to this. I fear that in 20 years that they will far exceed us at the rate they are going, think of it, CHina's population combined with technology equal to ours? they will be unbeatable

So, we HAVE to counter-act NOW !!! Waiting 20 or 30 years for acting is stupid, and it's a no-sense.

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I fully agree, pheonix, action needs to be taken now when while we can still do it succesfully

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Action no doubt is being taken by the US. The stuff they must have in development, I believe would be phenominal. If we're lucky we may just get a glimpse of it on the Middle East. That is if we go to war. Check out some of the weapons in the other threads.

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What are the suggested actions to take?
Nuke'em now before they can nuke us in a decade or so? Might be jumping the gun a bit, and I don't think Estragon would like the breeze, heat or toasty radiation burns!

Enter into another arms race? We did that with the Soviet Union last century and buried them, but it was a costly effort.

Any other ideas?

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Any other ideas?

Let's surround to the Chicom ?

Cuz if we can't nuke them or can't have a new cold war with them like we had one with the former USSR, I don't see what we can't do.

P.S : Estragon ? He's in China ?

top topics

join