It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higher chance of Gulf Coast hurricane in '07: CSU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Let's hope that this prediction will not be real. I think that USA had enough disaster in the past year and could have some times to relax and repair dammaged of past storm.

www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well, there was this today:

First Tropical Storm of season to form off of Carolinas?

Not exactly the Gulf Coast, but a bit early, don't you think?

[edit on 8-5-2007 by loam]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yes a little bit too early. We are all going to see some climate changes over time. I've already see the difference now.. Spring is warmer, we have major storms in Quebec as Tornadoes, thunderstorm.... Like never before.... Also we see less snow in the winter and warmer summer....

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It pretty much amazed me last night when I turn to the news channel and the weather is on. No, the weather part did not amaze me, what amazed me was the fact that we have a storm on our coast that looks exactly like a hurricane.

Just wondering if they are going to be cautious and name it so that people will know it is there, or will they wait and see. If they wait and see it may be too late and then they will be blamed for not warning people in time.

Can't wait to see what happens.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Well, there was this today:

First Tropical Storm of season to form off of Carolinas?

Not exactly the Gulf Coast, but a bit early, don't you think?

[edit on 8-5-2007 by loam]

I live in South Carolina, and Just watched the weather Channel update on this system. It seems that right now it is a sub-tropical system that they are watching. They seem to think that it will linger for a couple days and edge closer to the coast. The guy did say that he did not expect it to get much stronger, but it will produce 40 mph winds and light rain.

The Weather Channel does not seemed to be too concerned about it at this time. However, I agree that it is way too early for storms of this nature.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I live in the Gulf Coast of Florida and I can say that I'm not looking forward to this season. I'm a network administrator and Ive already prepared my work in every way I can think of . But something tells me that we will be hunkering down again this year.

join