It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Astronamer Rants About Women Ruining TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Astronomer Sir Patrick Moore thinks TV is worse than it used to be - because the BBC is run by women.

"rather be dead in a ditch than appear on Celebrity Big Brother" he says.

Ha, ha, ha, ha,...

He may be a fat old fart but he sure knows how to speak his mind.

BBC news report

I like this chap and have done for years. Long live free speech.

[edit on 8-5-2007 by nerbot]

Edn

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well hes probably one of the very few people who's not afrade to speak his mind, especially for a man as well known as him. He does have a point the time they show the sky at night is terrible and the crap they show during the day is worse.

Although not sure i agree with everything he says. Good man though.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think this guy is a *removed*, to be honest. "OH NO WOMEN COMMANDERS ON STAR TREK!". Wow, what a sexist. If that ticks him off, then seriously, he needs to GTFO.

mod edit: removing un-needed bad language

[edit on 9-5-2007 by UK Wizard]

Edn

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
At least he doesn't hide what he thinks unlike countless others. I personally didn't think anything of whats her name in star trek (i didn't actually watch that series) however he might, considering his age and the time he was brought up there were hardly any women in high positions and there certenly weren't any women in command of a naval ship. You may say times change and people should change with the times, and although thats well said its hard practiced.

I can safely say that most of us will be saying similar things when we are his age and times have changed from what they are today.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm actually sick and tired of old people who refuse to liberalize their beliefs, and choose to stick in the past. Sometimes I wish they would just die so we could move on. Biggest problem is when they teach their kids their beliefs.

His age is no excuse for what he said, seriously. Hes wrong and hes not "brave" for speaking his mind, hes just a bumbling fool.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I'm actually sick and tired of old people who refuse to liberalize their beliefs, and choose to stick in the past. Sometimes I wish they would just die so we could move on. Biggest problem is when they teach their kids their beliefs.

because his comments may seem sexist to you does not automatically make him wrong.

To say you wish he would just "die" makes you no better than your opinion of him and hippocratic. :bash:

However, you are entitled to your opinion, just as he is.

It's called freedom of speech...........remember that...

And by the way, UK TV is crap. It never used to be..Fact!

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Many women on UK TV nowadays are so openly sexist and condescending towards men that they are the ones who should be living in caves.
Sir Patrick Moore is a great chap and maybe his comments were taken out of context ,either way hysterical kneejerk reactions dont help anyone.
Of course everyone is born equal and shallow,vacuous people with prejudice attitudes (men or women) are probably major factors in why British TV nowadays is so crap.

top topics

join