It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Herod's ancient tomb 'found'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well it looks like that maybe King herods Tomb has been found after all theses years

Tomb found

An Israeli archaeologist says he has found the tomb of King Herod, the ruler of Judea while it was under Roman administration in the first century BC.

After a search of more than 30 years, Ehud Netzer of the Hebrew University says he has located the tomb at Herodium, a site south of Jerusalem.

It would certainly be intresting to see whats to be found inside the tomb apart from his bones.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
we are looking at another piece of the truth of the Bible please tell me what they find inside the tomb whenever somone grabs ahold of that knowledge

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here is a link to the Yahoo news article on the topic. It gives some more details about the sarcophagus and the decorations in the tomb itself.

This is a teriffic find! What gets me interested is that while this is obviously Herrod's tomb, there is no remains in the sarcophagus. The first thought that came to my mind is tomb robbers, but they're usually more interested in the jewelry and goods rather than the body. So what happened to ol' Herrod?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Ornate rosette decorations on the fragments alerted the team to the coffin's significance.

No bones were found at the site. Prof Netzer said that they had likely been removed by Jewish rebels who fought against Rome between 66 and 72 AD.

If the find is confirmed, this will rank as a major archaeological discovery.

new topics

top topics

join