It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CNN Conspiracy...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The thing that I have noticed in the last few days is the complete 'lack' of news that is coming out of the mainstream media - and its sudden 'shift' into reporting the absolutely MOST mundane, boring news.

Think about the stuff that they are ignoring
- Paris Hilton is going to prison
- A entire town in Kansas was reduced to rubble - for some reason tornado events almost NEVER elicit any coverage.
- The tamil tigers are using airplanes in their rebel movement to bomb factories and towns.

Whats the main headline for today :

New era in Northern Ireland

Northern Ireland's major Protestant and Catholic parties joined together today to form a power-sharing government, marking a "new era of politics" and an end to three decades of sectarian conflict in the British province. Protestant Democratic Unionist Party leader Ian Paisley was sworn in as the Northern Ireland assembly's first minister.

I think there is something up. Nothing happens without a reason, - just like the head of the world bank is REALLY getting raked because he bragged about the next bildeberger meeting - so he's 'trumped' up with charges of getting his girlfriend a influential position.... Come on get real its like a bunch of murdering thieves putting on a show that they can babysit a 2 year old. He's being attacked for a reason....

But WHY is CNN suddenly trying to get people to NOT look at them by reporting non issues. Why is Google suddenly hosting islamic terrorism videos in the public...

I smell a PSYOP...

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think you probably just missed the reporting on the newsworty stories you elude to. I watched a very good report, more than one actually, of the tornado damage in Kansas. Saw a report on Paris going to jail, it's also on their homepage today btw (although I don't think it's newsworthy at all).

Just because you don't see it, doesn't me they didn't report on it, unless you are watching all day.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I doubt a conspiracy, but for the past weeks things seem to have gone downhill. I've decided to switch over to BBC and the web for my news now.

IMO I've had enough of celebs making headlines. They're spoiled, stupid, and rich. They do dumb things. They will be sorry, but they will do it all again. If I want an update I'll watch Extra.

[edit on 8-5-2007 by slowmovingwalrus]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The "news" has been slowly morphing into the entertainment industry. Its all about ratings.

Its actually hard to find quality news reporting anymore. My local news is decent and covers events that are important in my area.

If I want to find out whats hot in my country, forget about it.

My prediction is that the news will slowly get worse and worse.

Its kind of like MTV. MTV used to show music videos. And now they have MTV2 and crap.

CNN used to do news. Now they have headline news and crap.

I have no problem with the news doing lengthy coverage about something like the Virginia tech shootings.... I have a problem when they speculate about Paris Hilton.

new topics

top topics

join