It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wonder if they have a grasshopper model?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It just goes to show you what people can do in their spare time. I think 4WD is going by the way side. This guy and the people who helped him hade a 15,000.00 budget and built it in six months. Imagine driving down the road listening to your radio and you turn to look and see this thing come passing by.

[edit on 5/8/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Ya, I watched this vid some time ago. I sat there with my mouth hanging open the entire time. It's like something out of Spider Man!!!

It's amazing that it actually works really really well. It was done so cheapely, all mechanical by the looks of it, no timing or coordination computers at all. Very very good design.
I can just imagine myself cruising down main street, sunnies on and arm hanging out the side . . . getting mangled in all sorts of metal spidery legs . . .

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Quite possibly the most awesome thing I have seen all week.

Considering how cheaply they made it, I wonder how much they would be willing to sell 'em for? I'd buy one without any hesitation.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Looks like they need to think about modifying the feet to grip the pavement better. Those metal shoes were sliding a lot when he was turning. Pretty cool though.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Ya, I watched this vid some time ago. I sat there with my mouth hanging open the entire time. It's like something out of Spider Man!

Ya, it was so cool looking I had to post it for all to see. Spider Man could of used that when fighting Doc Oc.

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Considering how cheaply they made it, I wonder how much they would be willing to sell 'em for? I'd buy one without any hesitation

I'd definitly buy one and have fun with it. Take it out 4 wheeling without the wheels. Or should say 8 legging.

Originally posted by yadboy
Looks like they need to think about modifying the feet to grip the pavement better. Those metal shoes were sliding a lot when he was turning. Pretty cool though.

I noticed that to. Some good thick rubber pads would work. Cleaty shoes for some grip off road. It's neat how they got all the legs to move at the right timing. I'd say put some black fur and make it look just like a black widow.

new topics

top topics

join