It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Suggestions for ATSNN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Well, it seems we have plenty of people more qualified to tell us what to do, speak up or remain silent.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The three ton CHIP on your shoulder mate? What's UP with that?

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
The three ton CHIP on your shoulder mate? What's UP with that?

PEACE...
m...

My intentions are to defend the rest of the staff, i assure you i have nothing personal against you Springer. I will explain to you later in my u2u.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Fair enough then... To all a good night!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Fair enough then... To all a good night!

PEACE...
m...

A goodnight to you Mr Springer, however i was sincere in my request for suggestions from everyone!

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I think that it would be good if there were ATSNN correspondants for specific subjects. If we had more specific reporters then there would loads of news for each specific subject.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Springer tells it like it is.

Sorry, Nerdling...like you, trying to ignore your friend "Chip."

Anyway, if I'm missing some ulterior motives here I apologize... I'm assuming you're collecting suggestions.

On a superficial note: That white is blinding, and the post to post contrast bleeds together. It really is hard to follow.

Perhaps more substantive: The earlier Staff posts saying DON'T POST NEWS STORYS was confusing. We'll less confusing than disheartening. As I understood the instructions, if you find interesting news for ATS - e-mail a News Staffer.

Just letting you know, that's probably going to be a pass for me. I'm happy to leave breaking news to staffers... or let it become old news if none are around.

Perhaps, I read too much into the warnings, but I got a 'don't post anything' vibe from it. I mean, sure I can post Andy Rooney-isms like Did you ever notice how ATM's know your name but not what language you speak? as long as there's no news to it.

I don't want to start getting warnings for posting something news related, so I'm kind of still figuring this out. Basically, I interpret it as: stick to Aliens and God.

Am I wrong? I'm sure I am...I just need clarification.

[Edit] Is no one going to clarify my confusion? I'm guessing now Springer was correct in insinuating this thread was more about insulting ATS posters and not clearing the air. I shall take Nerdlings advice and "remain slient."

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I just stumbled on the ATSNN front page for the first time. Format looks top drawer!

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
ATSNN is the only news service I will visit

But I think that in the main ATS page there should be more room for forum topics rather than half for forum, half for news.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by Johnny]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I like the idea of ATS having it's own news site, but I think it should be kept seperate of ATS like BTS. Also, I do not think the articles should be in todays posts, but I think I'm mainly saying that because the white is blinding. I don't like it on the main page because it hurts my eyes, and I don't like it in Todays Posts for the same reason.
You're all doing a great job though, keep it up.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I don't want to start getting warnings for posting something news related, so I'm kind of still figuring this out. Basically, I interpret it as: stick to Aliens and God.

Am I wrong? I'm sure I am...I just need clarification.

You certainly can post breaking news. However relevant stories should be moved by staff into the news outlet. As a plus, (if you care that is) you get 3 times the points you would normaly get for news that is moved into the atsnn portal.

After a certain amount of time, articles will be moved back into the forums. Not sure just how long at the moment...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

think that it would be good if there were ATSNN correspondants for specific subjects. If we had more specific reporters then there would loads of news for each specific subject

i agreee and have told skeptic yesterday about it .Its more professonal this way 2 reporters on each subject

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
with all those extra points, I will attempt to buy happiness.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Why not put "ATSNN" on a tab between below top secret and above top secret at the top of the page with just the top stories listed on the "Todays Post"page.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
You certainly can post breaking news. However relevant stories should be moved by staff into the news outlet. As a plus, (if you care that is) you get 3 times the points you would normaly get for news that is moved into the atsnn portal.

After a certain amount of time, articles will be moved back into the forums. Not sure just how long at the moment...

THANKS WILLIAM! That was news to me!

I must have been hallucinating when I read otherwise.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT That was news to me!
And more news to you: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Anyone can now submit stories (subject to approval).

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
One wonders if ATSNN will replace ATS?

I do have a question though,

what will be the punishment for people that post the same news article to the member section that already exists in ATSNN?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO One wonders if ATSNN will replace ATS?
No. It will hopefully work to gain more awareness of the board.

what will be the punishment for people that post the same news article to the member section that already exists in ATSNN?
We're working on ways to better "merge" such threads with a pre-existing news thread. Until that happens, depending on the number of responses when a duplicate thread is noticed, it will be either removed (no responses) or locked with a pointer to the news article (if there are more than 2 or 3 responses).

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I have a suggestion.

Maybe it would help to reduce bandwidth load if we take off some of the news stories on the ATSNN front page. It would help if we just post just a few headlines from the other stories other than breakins news, kinda like CNN. Besides, having all those articles on one page makes the screen scroll horizontally a bit.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerat having all those articles on one page makes the screen scroll horizontally a bit.
It shouldn't... could you send me a screen shot of what you're seeing? thanks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join