It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Control: Pseudo-Individualism used to Divide & Conquer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
We're trained to be self-serving, self-centered, over-competitive and so on, our entire lives. We're trained to obsess over our Self, and to seek out individuality. We're also trained to be irrational.

The result is a society that is at large self-centered and unltimately selfish. Hundreds of millions of people who mostly are more or less are concerned with their own interests bar none.

The essence of this individuality driven utopia is everyone thinking about themselves, and as a result everyone is working against each other. This can be observed for most people in normal day to day life, for instance "it's not my job" on something that technically isn't anyones job in particular, and therefore perhaps everyone should do the task as a team for it be be easier, but instead everyone blows it off for as long as they can.

When it's all said and done there's a major contradiction: everyone's doing the same exact thing, and operating on the same exact "program", the only difference is everyone's being selfish and working against each other. The quest for individuality actually becomes counter-individuality, as everyone's operating on the same program, more or less, however they feel different because they may just so happen to like different tastes.

This reality is handed to us by our elite masters and their lifestyle promoting TV "programming" and even at school with the over-competitiveness we're indoctrinated with in things liek nationalism and sports.

While we're all obsessed over ourSelve's, our elite masters remain in total control, because we're divided as a society into parts of millions of self-serving individuals, when in truth we're mostly all doing the same exact thing, no matter how selfish it may be.

Divide and Conquer.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's a the link to the article.

ignoranceisfutile.wordpress.com...

pretty cool stuff man
edit on 8/21/2012 by MrGrimm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What I see is biology in operation...and those with the knowledge and means to exploit it.

Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Star and flag. This has implication at many levels from the duology of communism and capitalism, the difference from exploitation to collaboration, to how Asian nations diverge from Western ones. There is even a divide between Europe and America. From how we treat our elders to the way Western nations are more prone to radical changes and open to innovation...

My view is that individualism is important to the good of the self but should bow to the good of the many in a similar way that we stipulate that ones freedom ends when it starts to infringe on the freedom of others. These are not always clear an immutable boarders, the optimal situation is when the individual is not forced or needs indoctrination and propaganda to prod him to make the optimal choice, in this the numbers count it is not necessary that all perform the same but only that a majority (or the number required) does so that the community benefits without becoming an enforced obligation.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This new "Special Snowflake" paradigm keeps reminding me of my old piece here, so I'm finally bumping it.

A problem person. A person who thinks they are unique, different and therefor more special that everyone else. Derived from too many parents telling their kids they are "special," like a "snowflake." Typically used by used by those in the customer service or retail industry to refer to bad customers.
That lady was a special snowflake, in a blizzard of other special snowflakes; shes unique, just like everyone else.
www.urbandictionary.com...

A bunch of ideologues all following the same fallacious philosophical mantra, that use their 'powers' it gives them to go about being phony Bigot Shaming bigots...

Damn it's like this old piece was prophecy!

new topics

top topics

join