It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little baby playing with cobra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
You gotta see this, this baby takes at least 5 strikes from this cobra, without so much as a wimper
I placed this in skunks because something has to be up, whatcha think? de-fanged or maybe mouth taped shut?

Cobra

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It's gotta be defanged or something. Thats still pretty sicj to me. YEah so what if the baby is in no real danger. THe thing is still a cobra for gods sake. Plus it still has rows of small needle like teeth. Which will bleed for quite a while once bitten. Had a angry boa that bit all the time so I know about the bleeding part.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yeah that is crazy but no one in their right mind would let a cobra around a baby if it still had teeth. After each strike it clearly appeared that the baby was not harmed at all- no traces of blood. In fact the baby just looked at it as he was trying to say what the heck are you doing? Then the baby turned the tables on the snake- Here I'll show you let me ring your neck!!!! Does anyone know the orgin of this video? If it's India perhaps its their custom to do this snake charming. It was scary at the end just say thats something I would not do.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
*SNIP*

I dont care how many teeth is has or doesn't have!.. A snake doesn't need teeth to strangle a tiny baby! That looks like what happened at the end too... probably killed the but they didn't show that, *SNIP* stupid people!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/5/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Wow, I wish I had half the guts that kid does

I can tell he's going to be one helluva snake tamer when he grows up. Not even a year old and he's already taken a snake one on one.

But seriously, do you honestly think he would be allowed anywhere near one of the most dangerous animals on this planet if there was any real danger? I don't know myself, but I would be willing to bet that what that video shows has been happening for thousands of years. Is it really any worse than you strapping your child into a moving box that is statistically one of the most dangerous ways to travel that man has come up with?
I think we should all do that as kids, and then perhaps half of us wouldn't be the gutless wonders that we are.

edit: ROFL! You've gotta read some of the comments. Damn funny.

[edit on 8/5/2007 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
This is terrifying to watch. I don't know how someone could do this. There has to be something strange going on here. We all know the Cobras are posionous. the fact that this baby is still alive at the end suggests that something odd is going on here.

Tim

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Was funny to see how the baby is imitating the snake...slithering on his belly then trying to rear himself up just the same way the cobra is. Perhaps de-fanged cobras are kept as pets?

It can't be as dangerous as letting a toddler roll around playing with a pit-bull

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bumr055
*SNIP*

I dont care how many teeth is has or doesn't have!.. A snake doesn't need teeth to strangle a tiny baby! That looks like what happened at the end too... probably killed the but they didn't show that, *SNIP* stupid people!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/5/2007 by Mirthful Me]

If that happened here the parents would have been thrown under the jail. I checked into it and it came from India. There's nothing we could have done about it. There are many strange customs and I have to admit this is strange and never seen anything like it. I know you were mad but the baby is safe I'm sure. No matter how crazy it looked the babies parents would not allow that snake to come near the baby if it was fanged. This is perhaps a old custom carried down. And the cobra wasn't a boa or that baby would have been dead. Cobra's can't wrap as boas can. Its not strong enough.

But I have to applauld that little tyke looking at that snake like I'll show you. As long as the baby was not harmed and this is a custom in India.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It is defanged I'm sure. I remember an old episode of The Crocodile Hunter where he said that the ones used for shows and such are defanged. It's pretty much animal cruelty but it's how these bozos make their livings.

Then they showed the same guys with one that hadn't been defanged and they were running for the hills.

Peace

[edit on 8-5-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
DEFANGED.. I lived in India for a few years, and had the chance to hold a few cobras. They remove the poison sacks and fangs. Unfortunately they die within a few months due to not being able to produce the saliva enzymes for digestion. The kid is basicly safe.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
This is terrifying to watch. I don't know how someone could do this. There has to be something strange going on here. We all know the Cobras are posionous. the fact that this baby is still alive at the end suggests that something odd is going on here.

Tim

LOL its actually something as simple as the snake being defanged.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Actually, upon watching this, I (think) that the snake had it's mouth taped shut. The video wasn't of incredibly good quality, but from what I saw, it didn't look like it opened it's mouth at all.
Funny, I thought animals opened thier mouths when they bit?

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

DEFANGED.. I lived in India for a few years, and had the chance to hold a few cobras. They remove the poison sacks and fangs. Unfortunately they die within a few months due to not being able to produce the saliva enzymes for digestion. The kid is basicly safe.

Thats effed up, they actually died, jesus christ, oh yea, defang the snake so the kid can be safe, you know, you dont have to put the kid near the snake at all. Then the snake wouldnt have to die, but who cares??? No one thats who, but of course im getting off the subject here.
Yea, cute kid, poor defanged snake, one incredibaly stupid video that seems to scar the shizzit out of gullable worthless cruds like u, hmmmm, interesting.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Damn, i screwed it up, i dont know how to put that qoute qoute thingy on, whatever.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
They were defanged and had their mouth stitched shut. But what is funny is I bet people of the future will be just as shocked to so old videos of today where we send our children to government institutions for education. LOL that is like an oxymoron 'government education'.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RedPill

If you slow the vidoe down you can see that the snake's mouth is not closed on one of the bites. The snake was de-fanged. The charmers do that so if they get bit, they don't get poinsened. Since the baby didn't bleed, they probably had taken out the fangs.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Uhm, for those of you that thought that this was a defanged snake, NO IT WAS NOT.

The India MSM reports that “tragically their beloved daughter was killed in a freak snake bite accident that no one could have seen coming”.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is common practice for snake charmers in India, the child is brought up handeling de-fanged snakes so that they will have no fear of them as adults.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

top topics

join