It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2007 Hurricane Season

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Heads up to all those in the Gulf region. Something could be developing very soon.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It's been raining everyday since Thursday of last week here in South Florida. I'm loving it because it's rain without the winds.

but we do some tropical activity to keep an eye on.

Tropical Storm Karen
Should not affect the islands or US mainland, hopefully it will remain a fish storm as the NHC suggests.

Tropical Depression 13
Could become the next tropical storm, threatening Southern Gulf of Mexico, namely Mexico

There is also a blob of convection over the South Florida, Cuba, Bahamas area that may linger and slowly develop, should bring more rains to South Florida.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It has rained the 10 out of the past 13 days here in South Florida. We've had some pretty nasty squalls and windy conditions this weekend due to the low and area of disturbed weather off the Florida coast. This area is being watched for potential slow development that could possibly be the next named storm headed to the Gulf. If we do get a storm, we'll be at "N".

Pretty busy season even though we haven't any major impacts to the US mainland.

Tropical Weather Outlook

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I know we focus our attention only on the Atlantic hurricane season, but the Pacific has had quite a bit of activity this year, the latest being Cat 4 Typhoon Krosa.

Typhoon Krosa kills four in Taiwan

several areas to watch in the Atlantic, but nothing threatening at the moment. Still getting rain everyday here in South Florida (not complaining) but it's on the breezy side today, with couple areas of low pressure in our vicinity.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Krosa was interesting because it made landfall, then circled round back out to sea before making a second landfall. A friend was out there monitoring it

Sounds like they've had rather a lot of rain!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Season isn't done yet.
Hurricane Noel has been causing problems as a tropical storm in the Caribbean, and could be causing major problems for Northern Maine and Canada in a couple of days.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatsJustWeird

It seems to me that many times I have watched shows on discovery or history channel and then whatever subject was on happens. the other day I was watching a show on if london were to flood and it occured to me that it could likely happen in a hurricane or tropical storm. however, the premise of the show was a storm in the north sea.
So my question is what affect could noel have in the british isles?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cocofat
So my question is what affect could noel have in the british isles?

The models keep it on a northward track. It doesn't look like GB will be affected at all.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What happen to all those hurricanes we were supposed to get

I know, I know, it's all part of global warming's plan. Sorry about that

Maybe next year the conspiracy can start up again and Al Gore can make some more money, or even write another book.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What happen to all those hurricanes we were supposed to get

I know, I know, it's all part of global warming's plan. Sorry about that

Maybe next year the conspiracy can start up again and Al Gore can make some more money, or even write another book.

Sorry mods: you're welcome to take this one off here. I hit post and nothing happened until I hit again and BAM! Double post

[edit on 11/2/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The predictions look to be spot on for this year, and the number will be greater than the 1944-2005 average (atlantic storms).

[edit on 2-11-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
We're being told to expect winds up to 85 MPH here in Cape Cod

And of course, i',m expected at work. I have news for them, if its real bad i'm not going!!!

I'll keep you informed

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join