It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The earth is spinning faster, why?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Originally posted by drunk
O.K i am outta my league here i failed science class.

*bows out*

nah! i still speak french, and i am currently failing french. again.

kano - love the awards!

sorry waht has this gotta do with failing science!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I was wondering if the earth was spinning faster we would all get less day light and less darkness right? but we havnt so the earth isnt spinning faster

END OF TOPIC!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
sorry waht has this gotta do with failing science!

nothing, just failing courses in general. jsut saying, failings no reason to stop talking bout it

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
in astronomy today, and we started to touch on the moon towards the end of the period. when the teacher asked how long it takes for us to see the full 360 degrees of the moon. I answered with your perfect explanation of synchronous rotation, which blew him away.
just extending my thanks robert

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
the earth is hollow, no core, the reason it is speeding up is the dragon star approaches, the planet X, Mars is closer, various gravitional pulls. Alot of people complain about being more tired, and time flying by faster, well because it is..

Here is a strange fact though, The human body's biorhythm is 24.6 hrs for 1 cycle.
1 day on Mars, a complete revolution is-- 24.6 hrs.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
word. that cud say something...

as to that first bit, um, well, yeah, ok.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
whats that sinchronus thing???? me=bad spellur

and the earth isnt hollow you dumb# if its hollow ya think we'd have things that live under us?????

like elves that once rules the world????

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
the idea of the earth being hollow is #ing idiocy. please explain, with your hollow earth, the shifting of tectonic plates on the liquid magma core? what the # did they do, rig up a huge network of pullies synchronised to the spin of a 1987 model x345 turntable microwave? and how do you explain geothermal activity, geisers and the like. of course, unless the hollow core is inhabited by fire-people. youll have to excuse my rant, but eventually the idiocy builds to critical mass and "# happens".

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
the idea of the earth being hollow is #ing idiocy. please explain, with your hollow earth, the shifting of tectonic plates on the liquid magma core? what the # did they do, rig up a huge network of pullies synchronised to the spin of a 1987 model x345 turntable microwave? and how do you explain geothermal activity, geisers and the like. of course, unless the hollow core is inhabited by fire-people. youll have to excuse my rant, but eventually the idiocy builds to critical mass and "# happens".

thats what im sayin THE EARTH ISNT HOLLOW YOU DUMB#S

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000

The moon revolves around the Earth in about one month. 29 days, 12 hrs, and 44 minutes.
The moon rotates around its axis in exactly the same time. thus, the same face always points towards earth. try it with a coffee cup (howard). make the handle alwasy point towards a bowl or something, ull see it rotates and revolves.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Originally posted by CookieMonster000

The moon revolves around the Earth in about one month. 29 days, 12 hrs, and 44 minutes.
The moon rotates around its axis in exactly the same time. thus, the same face always points towards earth. try it with a coffee cup (howard). make the handle alwasy point towards a bowl or something, ull see it rotates and revolves.

im going to do that to my teacher when he asks it

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
lol. i did it to mine, he went crazy. it was his big thing of the day that nobody knew. i ruined it for him. fun.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
did he try to do something to bring everybody off the topic??

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

cobbeling together a few different existing theories and reading of a very similar hypothesis, somewhere... ...we are now accellerating toward a Gamma Ray, X-Ray and exotic Quantum Particle Beam, that radiates from a polar axis of our local (Galactic Centre) Black-Hole --->>>it will take approx. 5 'months' for earth & solar system to pass thru this deadly beam of energies

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well it seems that there is no solid solution to this problem but I do believe that it could also be due to our regular lunar phases. We have the small lunar phases here on earth that we experience such as a half. quarter, and full moon. While we move through the universe, following our sun, the moon does the same. We sometimes get closer and farther from the sun, as does the moon. Therefore it seems reasonable to think that we are in some sort of alignment that would throw off the rotation of earth for a period of time, if you recall sometime around 1988 there was a similar story that stated the earth was slowing down around 1.6 miliseconds a year. I guess it's time for it to catch up?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join