It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the leaders?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
In the past great leaders have emerged in times of duress, but where the hell is our incarnation? Dislike him slightly less than others or hate him, Bush has polarized the west like none before and whereas I could once find common ground with those who disagreed with my political views there’s so much hostility and defensiveness against opposing viewpoints in many circles now that I can’t help but wonder if maybe this vacuum was created intentionally. Barring extreme arrogance and/or ignorance, I have no clue how a government could hurt and divide a country so badly without deliberately doing so.

I truly believe the political sphere is now more than ever a bubble for the global elite to abuse their power while ignoring you and I. That being said, where else can a uniting leader come from? The corporate world? Religion? The web? Straight up: I don’t know, but I’m tired of waiting. The one thing I do know is that this decade may be the easiest time for an individual to gain global fame, power, and unity simply because of how poorly things are being managed and how frustrated most are with the same old, same old. I hope it’s not peanut butter antichrist time.

My question is: What now? When and from where do you think a leader will emerge and have you picked any forerunners?

My money’s on a surprise bipartisan Cheney – Hillary ticket come 08.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowmovingwalrus
My question is: What now? When and from where do you think a leader will emerge and have you picked any forerunners?

My money’s on a surprise bipartisan Cheney – Hillary ticket come 08.

Interesting question and one I have been asked before. My feelings appear to be in-line with yours to a certain extent. I would not be surprised in the least if Hillary won, and admittedly would welcome such an extreme change of leadership.

Many people have said that it would not be wise to have a woman in the White House, however, I think a woman with a balance between hard edged attitudes and motherly instincts toward the nation may be just what we need.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hillary is a skilled politician and could easily bring a welcomed change to the oval office. However, aside from personal political differences, there are 2 things which slightly worry me about her 'great leader' qualities.

1 - Her apparent cold, calculated, and dispassionate approach.
2 - The prospect of 20+ years of American Presidents from only two families seems almost archaic. At first it was two parties, and now two families? I worry there may be an inability in government to relate to the people and vice versa, not to mention the conspiracy theory fodder such a bloodline of power would spawn, especially thx to Bills recent BFF relationship with George Bush Sr.

I want someone who cares deeply around the world around them and is not only excited to see change but also inspires others to be the best they can be, no matter what their race, religion, or political slant. I haven’t seen that side of Hilary yet and for the length of time she's been in the public eye I must question whether she has that side at all.

All in all, even as a moderate conservative, I’d be glad to welcome Hillary into office because we need a change. I just wonder if she is capable of being a great leader willing to put aside her own agenda and reunite people of all parties so we can at least resume civilized debate without words such as 'inbred fascist' and 'commie stoner' popping up every second sentence.

An excerpt from Lee Iacocca's Where Have All the Leaders Gone:
“Am I the only guy in this country who's fed up with what's happening? Where the hell is our outrage? We should be screaming bloody murder. We've got a gang of clueless bozos steering our ship of state right over a cliff, we've got corporate gangsters stealing us blind, and we can't even clean up after a hurricane much less build a hybrid car. But instead of getting mad, everyone sits around and nods their heads when the politicians say, "Stay the course."

Stay the course? You've got to be kidding. This is America, not the damned Titanic. I'll give you a sound bite: Throw the bums out!

You might think I'm getting senile, that I've gone off my rocker, and maybe I have. But someone has to speak up. I hardly recognize this country anymore. The President of the United States is given a free pass to ignore the Constitution, tap our phones, and lead us to war on a pack of lies. Congress responds to record deficits by passing a huge tax cut for the wealthy (thanks, but I don't need it). The most famous business leaders are not the innovators but the guys in handcuffs. While we're fiddling in Iraq, the Middle East is burning and nobody seems to know what to do. And the press is waving pom-poms instead of asking hard questions. That's not the promise of America my parents and yours traveled across the ocean for. I've had enough. How about you?”

[edit on 7-5-2007 by slowmovingwalrus]

join