It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sports on atsnn???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Feel better? The old adage, "If you can't stand the heat, get OUT of the kitchen" comes to mind, even though, as I said, NOTHING PERSONAL just my OPINION...

A little HYPER sensitive or what?

PEACE...
m...

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracer

Originally posted by kalki
sports make me sleep ... good night everybody.

Stay aware

I thought sports made you sleepy kalki? What woke you up?

The absence of the white sports posts on ats..

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Feel better? The old adage, "If you can't stand the heat, get OUT of the kitchen" comes to mind, even though, as I said, NOTHING PERSONAL just my OPINION...

A little HYPER sensative or what?

PEACE...
m...

Dude just # off. Whatever. I dont give a #.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Stop it, guys.
Please, let's hold off on this until William is online tomorrow to determine just how to sort this out. There's not a damned thing that can be done tonight except piss each other off.

Please?

-B.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Theres an awful lot of bashing of a free service that we volunteered to run, its also in its second day, if you have constructive criticism then it is welcome, however if your actions are nothing more than a cheapshot please keep them to yourselves.

We're working on this site to improve it, this is exactly what we do not need, discussion is the key to changes.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
You are a little PRICK aren't YOU?! # OFF?! I was trying to hand YOU an OLIVE branch and I get # OFF?!

LOTS of class right there huh? Why don't YOU GROW UP and come back when you do?

m...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

You are a little PRICK aren't YOU?! # OFF?! I was trying to hand YOU an OLIVE branch and I get # OFF?!

m...

Like I said yet again, Whatever. I dont give a #. Leave me the # alone.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   

m...

Lay off him dammit.

If anyone gets to critique him its Zion and myself and that will only be constructive, assinine behaviour like yours helps nobody, i have complete faith in Ocelot and i he's one of the best members in our team, sports was going to be the responsibility of another member however i havent given the member adequate time to comprise posts, Ocelot went above his place to try and fill that column to make us look better. I for one thank him for his actions.

This whole Anti-ATSNN movement is starting to look a little green eyed. Wouldnt you agree?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I agree with Banshee and Nerdling, bashing is gonna get us nowhere theres some who want it and some who dont, and like its been said only two days into the ATSNN and nothing but drama, so maybe we all need to sit back and regroup. It dont seem right that a sports section in a newspaper should cause this much of a hassle.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Couple things to consider...

1. I am by NO MEANS "anti ATSNN" the EXACT OPPOSITE.

2. I WILL express my opinion ANY TIME I want to.

3. If you want ATSNN to flourish the reporters should put at least A LITTLE thought and effort into the stories they post or WHY BOTHER (is there an echo in here?)?! To simply cut and paste someone else's work is a JOKE.

4. I can't "lay off him" I was NEVER "on him", I stated very plainly that it was NOT personal and what I was expressing was my OPINION and that is was worth EXACTLY what he paid for it (NOTHING)...

5. If you want ATSNN to do well, which is EXACTLY what I want I am VERY glad about this addition to the site, you had better be READY, WILLING and ABLE to respond to your consumer's OPINIONS in a rational way.

If Ocelot is all pissed off because someone deleted his cut and pastes then he should LOG OFF until he is in control of his emotions...

m...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Couple things to consider...

1. I am by NO MEANS "anti ATSNN" the EXACT OPPOSITE.

2. I WILL express my opinion ANY TIME I want to.

3. If you want ATSNN to flourish the reporters should put at least A LITTLE thought and effort into the stories they post or WHY BOTHER (is there an echo in here?)?! To simply cut and paste someone else's work is a JOKE.

4. I can't "lay off him" I was NEVER "on him", I stated very plainly that it was NOT personal and what I was expressing was my OPINION and that is was worth EXACTLY what he paid for it (NOTHING)...

5. If you want ATSNN to do well, which is EXACTLY what I want I am VERY glad about this addition to the site, you had better be READY, WILLING and ABLE to respond to your consumer's OPINIONS in a rational way.

If Ocelot is all pissed off because someone deleted his cut and pastes then he should LOG OFF until he is in control of his emotions...

m...

1. Sure doesn't sound like it.
2. Yes, you will, but not when it seriously affects or abuses another member, you don't need me to tell you that.
3. Issues like that are going to be resolved, in fact i spoke to Banshee about a set of rules for this before this post arose. We're finding our feet, as we grow we'll be able to adapt more.
4. You know exactly what the hell i'm saying, don't hide behind semantics, when you publicly attack one of the reporters the rest of us are going to step in. Stating it is not personal does not make it so.
5. You are not the only consumer, act like it.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Isnt everyone just making a comment and then cutting and pasting the news stories? I could be wrong but that what it seems like, its only a means to get the news to us here ATS, is it not?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracer
Isnt everyone just making a comment and then cutting and pasting the news stories? I could be wrong but that what it seems like, its only a means to get the news to us here ATS, is it not?

Its not what we're going for, and as i said before, its an operational issue that is going to be gradually resolved over the next few days. However in the event of a breaking news story or an Alert! its neccessary to get information up as quickly as possible, i can't guarantee you a full story with explanations as news breaks.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
I already wrote a message to William so that Sports and Entertainment news from ATSNN gets moved to appear only on BTS. Since I agree with you guys that it has no business on ATS. And No im not looking to get points doing this. Its my job.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by Ocelot]

Even the one who posted the sports thinks it should go on BTS. Somebody paid him or what?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalki

Originally posted by Ocelot
I already wrote a message to William so that Sports and Entertainment news from ATSNN gets moved to appear only on BTS. Since I agree with you guys that it has no business on ATS. And No im not looking to get points doing this. Its my job.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by Ocelot]

Even the one who posted the sports thinks it should go on BTS. Somebody paid him or what?

It is not the idea that is being opposed, it is the way it was carried out. Personally, ATSNN needs a sports and entertainment section, do you honestly think i'd let anyone neglect the news?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I dont think it should go to BTS it should remain universal to ATS and BTS just as any normal newspaper would have it.

Just like a newspaper, you read what you want whether it be news or sports, dont like sports dont read it and vice versa.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by tracer]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Dude, you all have GOT to realize that this is a SERVICE. I know you are exactly two days old. That's NOT the point. ANYONE who has ever posted on this site in the way mentioned above has taken heat for it.

WAY before their was an ATSNN. It's called points trolling.

Whatever Ocelot's motives were (and I am sure he did NOT give a # about the points) his results were sub par. "Copy and Paste" does not cut the mustard in the "regular forums" it sure as HELL shouldn't be tolerated here in the serious NEWS forum.

If you think THIS was a "public ATTACK" you haven't seen me mad at anyone.

I will NOT have you tell me what I am supportive of and what I'm not supportive of, I put my money where my mouth is on this site and support it a whole lot more than most do, I assure you.

I do that because I LOVE the whole idea of this site.

I am pretty sure I am catching NetChicken's hell here, HE deleted the posts NOT me. I stated my opinion, I did NOT delete anything okay? I supported it because I was ASKED my OPINION by NetChicken.

This whole deal is WAY out of proportion, again I would state that if someone is going to take criticism PERSONALLY they should log off until they get their emotions in check.

M...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Dude, you all have GOT to realize that this is a SERVICE. I know you are exactly two days old. That's NOT the point. ANYONE who has ever posted on this site in the way mentioned above has taken heat for it.

WAY before their was an ATSNN. It's called points trolling.

Whatever Ocelot's motives were (and I am sure he did NOT give a # about the points) his results were sub par. "Copy and Paste" does not cut the mustard in the "regular forums" it sure as HELL shouldn't be tolerated here in the serious NEWS forum.

If you think THIS was a "public ATTACK" you haven't seen me mad at anyone.

I will NOT have you tell me what I am supportive of and what I'm not supportive of, I put my money where my mouth is on this site and support it a whole lot more than most do, I assure you.

I do that because I LOVE the whole idea of this site.

I am pretty sure I am catching NetChicken's hell here, HE deleted the posts NOT me. I stated my opinion, I did NOT delete anything okay? I supported it because I was ASKED my OPINION by NetChicken.

This whole deal is WAY out of proportion, again I would state that if someone is going to take criticism PERSONALLY they should log off until they get their emotions in check.

M...

Firstly, i assure you theres plenty of hell to go around.

Your right, this is a service, its also staffed by people who love providing it, just because you have been with some cut and paste job you should in no way throw it around, Feel free to u2u Zion or myself, of course you can u2u any mod but if you want things to change in structure then its us.

I'm unsure to what you refer to when you speak of points trolling so i'll leave that one dormant.

Ocelots results were his first time at sports, you must have awfully low opinions of us if you think we honestly cant tell the difference between a story and a cut and paste job, he still spent time gathering that information and that is exactly what counts, he got slapped for helping.

I don't care what you do or do not do with your money, just because you donate that does not give you extra bitching license.
I have seen you mad at others, it makes absolutely no difference to me. I'm neither bothered nor inimidated by your ability to shout like no other.

Yes, this is way out or proportion, but for once you need to take a step back and let us iron this one out, theres no rule that says you have to step up when someone does something, many of us are ignoring what we want to say in favour of being considerate, we wouldnt want to make anyone cry now would we?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Hey enough is enough of this crap.

I moved the sports threads to the trash because:

1 Someone made a complaint
2 Someone started this post
3 No one told me that Sports were suddenly allowed on ATS. - 1 and 2 above were all I had to go on.
4 I thought Ocelet went nuts like Glan did...
5 They were overrunning the "todays" list. - this was the primary reason for moving them
6 They had nothing to do with conspiracies on ATS
7 They were, on the whole cut and paste rubbish about a topic that doesn't belong on ATS.
8 No one told me that they were meant to be on the news section
9 There were 10 of them in quick succession and they overwhelmed the Todays list.
10 In the light of the above I was merely doing my job.

They can be moved back, when William tweaks the code. This is not the end, nor is this an excuse for Nerdling to vent his suppressed emotions or try to punch above his weight.

I am locking this thread, I am sure that william will resolve this situation in his diplomatic manner when he returns...

In the end no one did anything wrong, there were just crossed wires, and maybe it needed to be refined more. Sure if you want sports have them, but to overwhelm the Todays posts on ATS with them is stupid. Just like the Mudpit posts were moved off to BTS so should these, if not moved further.

No I am not moving them back now for the same reasons above, once William has tutued with the code then sure, its not a hassle, I don't think anyone expected the avalanche of posts that Ocelot did to happen. More power to Ocelot for his dedication, it was just a little premature thats all.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by Netchicken]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join