It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Gas Prices Go Down Again??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
In alabama it's $3.89 where I live and everyone isnt buying from EXXON of MOBIL...because most of everyone believes that we shouldnt buy from the biggest companies...just so we can "somehow" lower gas prices....we've had two exxon gas stations go out of business because no one would buy from there....not even candy or drinks inside....I thought it was pretty awesome to see that happen.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
What we need to do is stop putting up with this bullsh*t and impeach bush and cheney for getting us into the war which is partly responsible for these gas prices. How is someone who has so much interest in the oil companies allowed to give them free rides like this and you know Bush and Cheney dont give a rats ass about us and what we pay for gas. We need to slap them in the face take back our country and stop the BS before we go bankrupt. Bush bankrupted 4 oil companies in Texas. If you can't find oil in Texas you should stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye. That is our idiot president that YOU elected. Personally I want to move out of this godforsaken # ridden country that Bush has created and start life elsewhere. We also need to stand up and fight, why is it foreign governments are scared of their people, but here we are scared of our government. We have the right to own guns people USE THEM.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rm8471

regular gas here in mighigan has been over 4.18 agallon for a few feeks now

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by csulli456

The worlds largest oil supply is not in Alaska.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stumpy1

Does anyone not look at dates. That is an old post. Gas is 4 dollars now in SC.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stumpy1

Originally posted by rm8471
Where are you getting that it's almost $4.00/gallon? I'm genuinely curious.

It's still $2.70's to $2.80's here. I just paid $2.79/gallon, and I thought that was wretched.

As to "the $2 range," I guess anything from $2.00 to $2.99 qualifies, unfortunately.

I'm sure, in the not too distant future, we'll be over $3.00/gallon.

PS - I'm in South Carolina.

Congrats on your gas prices in south carolina!!!!!! Maybe I should drive there to gas up next time. I live in oregon and a week ago I paid $3.79 a gallon in portland....today the cheapest I could find was $3.97 with the average price over $4.00.

If you noticed, his post was old. Gas is the same in SC.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby311

thanks gabby...i was just gonna post that...lol

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yep. I'm in SC too. I bought it today for $3.69.

Here's something I always noticed. When oil prices go up, gas starts shooting up...sometimes 10 cents a day. But, when the oil comes down at about the same rate (or faster), gas barely follows. Last week when it was $135 a barrel, gas was $3.69. And, today it's $122 a barrel...gas is STILL, as I said above, $3.69.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Gas in California is above $4.00. Where I live at, it's $4.31

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
i live in southern California, gas is going up 5-10 cents a day.....regular here is around 4.40..and supreme is around 4.65....lets not get starte with diesel....5.09....when do you think people will let it get far enough, to where they will stop driving?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I paid 3.89 today in Salt Lake City Utah.

VERY uncool.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
ofcourse when you say gas is $10.00 in europe didnt you forget something????? Isnt it true that the price of gas also includes auto insurance, health insurance, etc??? I am american and would gladly pay $10 for gas if it were to cover all of that. It doesnt I pay $4.00 a gallon and car insurance for my family, which I pay is about 4k a year and health insurance for my family is about $3600 a year. So who has it better? you I would say. In the end I'm not upset over the price of gas I am upset that we have our own oil and the tree hugging assholes who are congress vote not to drill it. but if the word pro is to decribe progress then congress without a doubt lives up to being the opposite.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm in Houston, TX where the gas prices are already $4 /gal. I'm only 20 years old. I work and go to school full time. Before gas prices started to go up most of my paycheck went toward my car payment and insurance, leaving me with barely any extra money. Now that they are sky high I can't do anything that has to do with spending money unless I work overtime. It's very selfish and greedy of the people who keep taking money when they already have enough of it. I'm working hard to make a better future for myself. It makes me mad that hard working American's, like myself, are helplessly being taken advantage of.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRQuick
Yep. I'm in SC too. I bought it today for $3.69.

Here's something I always noticed. When oil prices go up, gas starts shooting up...sometimes 10 cents a day. But, when the oil comes down at about the same rate (or faster), gas barely follows. Last week when it was $135 a barrel, gas was $3.69. And, today it's $122 a barrel...gas is STILL, as I said above, $3.69.

Soooo....oil goes UP $11.00 a barrel and now the gas prices changes from $3.69 to $3.79. But before that, as I stated above, it goes down $12 and it does nothing? >sigh< And people are supposed to think this is normal...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

@ Anonymous ATS

What a rediculous view of the world outside the U.S. some americans have!
Insurances included in the fueloprices?!
I pay for gas euro 1.70 or in U.S. gallons dollar 10.07
I pay for diesel euro 1.50 in U.S. gallons dollar 8.86
Next to that I pay a lot for my insuranceses, for example
healthcare, a cheap insurance for two adults, one income, a year dollar 4680,-

Regards from the netherlands, and yes we can only laugh if we hear the americans complain

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Can somebody tell me which country has its carinsurance and healthinsurance within the price for fuel, becouse I pay more than dollar 10 a gallon for gas and almost dollar 9 for diesel and still have to pay more than a fourandahalfthousand dollar a year for healthinsurance (two person)??
I could use some advise for immigration.

Regards from the Netherlands.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Heres the latest bs ive heard... the world is running out and we are looking for new reserves. BULL!!!!!!!!!! we have bigger reserves in AK and canada, who despite what the media says is still on our side, than there ever was in Saudi land. Why wont they tap reserves? 1. Bush is rich, and how did his family get this fortune? OIL! he probly makes 15-20 cents per gallon! 2. why would they tap our reserves when its not their money thats being pissed away. 3. Its different every few months. first it was chinas demand, then it was mid east conflict, now its this low supply #. 4. We cant do anything about it, so they keep twisting the knife. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!!!!!!!
I drive a 91 Toyota MR-2 and it gets respectable mileage, but it seems like its being watered down also. in 2006, I went to atlanta from knoxville, and it took 3/4 tank to get there and 3/4 back. I went last week after a fresh tune up and it took 2 full tanks. I didnt drive like an animal, I obeyed all laws and limits and it was the exact same weather conditions as last time. 93 octane is down to 92 here and it seems like its probly less thn that. we might as well start pissing in our tanks. Hell i sold my RX-7 when gas went to $2 a gallon because it only got around 15 mpg. If it gets any higher i may have to sell my toy and get a wimpy anemic little hybrid. I like power, and i like racing, but i dont see a very big future for hybrid drags. Can you see that? In the right lane- 22.64 at 45 mph! ugh. I wish someone would do something before i kill myself.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Just wait until the first big hurricane blows through the gulf of Mexico. $5.00 here we come.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I knew that movie I AM LEGEND was going to hike up the prices! damn you will smith!

[edit on 9-6-2008 by jedimiller]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join