It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Their Listening, say the key words and see!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Did anyone try this and if you did what were the results?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Rant can you give a link to your post about you being followed please.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
Want some people knocking on your door?

Babylon, great darkness, the heat, leader, dead, allah akbar, birds, hell and paradise.

Tell them I told you

Conversation using all of those words.

Hey Mom. Our electricity was cut off. I tried calling them, but the operator would just babylon, and on. It's hard to play follow the leader in this great darkness. Now the heat is off. Last night it got so cold the birds are dead, frozen to their little akbars. They are either in hell or paradise. I hope allah the people at the electric company are happy now !!!

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by darklanser]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza

I just tried a search and realized my examples are in bits and pieces all over threads. I'll post a synopsis BTS and send you a link sometime. I'm having 'puter problems right now.

[My Trainedforthis impersonation:]

Thanks for asking....

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Today while talking to my daughter we were having a conversation about Bush runnning again in 04 and then we went on to talking about bombs, (we were watching the news) planes, guns, (as in gun control) top secret, (I told her about this website) terrorists, etc., while talking we continually heard clicks, we had to laugh because of the movie (Conspiracy something)where Gene Hackman tells Will Smith about how there are certain key words and if you say them they record your conversation, well I think they got ours on tape, so tomorrow while talking to someone say a lot of what you think might be the key words and see if you also hear clicks, I think it is true somewhere they are listening! Let me know if you do.

Don't have time to read the whole thread, but I'll make a comment on this.

A friend of mine and I were talking after 9-11 and were mentioning "key words". We got the same clicks. In our conversation, we mentioned that we had heard it, and were both disappointed with the government if it was them. Why would you let someone know they're being listened to? There's technology that lets you listen in on a conversation without making a noise, including a click.

On another note, I've not feared this technology, although I don't like it. I'm not a terrorist, and I'm not plotting something out. Plus, I hate the phone, and would prefer to talk to someone face to face. There's just something too impersonnal talking over the phone; you can't see the person's body language and make a full analysis of what they're saying. But by not fearing it, I've heard many clicks. I will talk constantly about the terrorist threat plagueing this country.

But here's the scary part: Every once in a while, I would answer the phone, and get modem like sounds. I can't explain why. It always came through as an "Unknown Number" on the caller ID. Since I've moved, I've not had that happen. However, I do live, now, with 3 other people, and I'm not paranoid enough to be freaked out by it and talk to them about it. Plus, since I've been mentioning to them that I'm part of ATS, my credibility as a news source fell through the toilate
. So maybe it's still going on, but I haven't heard a click since I moved, either, and I carry on with the same conversations I did before.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I was sitting here reading the thread when I got a completely useless idea, what if one of the extra features in the ATS Store was to convert the censors to keywords instead? I'm sure with some creative though a rather odd substituion list could be made. Just my retarded thought of the day.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Lets all say key words and add to the "chatter"...try some key words and once you hear a click say something specific and watch the flights get canceled on CNN.

They wouldn't cancel the flights. They would track down your location,address,name,phone#, and arrest you without a warrant, as they now have permission to do.

-wD

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
On another note, I've not feared this technology, although I don't like it. I'm not a terrorist, and I'm not plotting something out.

I would be SHOCKED to learn that more than 1% of terror "suspects" were terrorists. Rush Limbaugh isn't a terrorist, but the Patriot Act allows seizure of his private medical records. I understand where you're coming from if it's just monitoring, but they do engage in taunting tatics...it's more than just privacy invasion, as if that wasn't enough.

Actually the phone recordings don't bother me...if they even exist. That's like a computer automated thing, no one is really monitoring live IMO. Just there in case to go back to....ala Nixon.

But when they intercept cell calls, pretend to be operators....stuff like that (and worse). Grrr... it almost makes you think you are a terrorist...or consider it.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by razorbackhater

my keyword for the day will be...allah

Dude, I was talking to my best friend right now, and we were talking about Gazrok's Jihad Joe avatar, and then he's all like "WTF are those clicks!?!" and I told him since were were frequent vistors at ATS and talking about Allah and Jihads ans such, they were listening. It was kinda funny. lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Darklanser - you waste your talents in this forum. What humor !
And nobody even saw it. The paranoid and humor dont mix well.

Advisor - eeeewyoweeew -that was harse! Lets hear it for the ME
generation. (smirk - liked that one too.)

NetStorm - remember the story of the One-Eyed man in the land of
the blind? Got crapped on he did. Reason is a form of humor to
paranoia. Opps, hate to repeat the obvious.

KillerD - wonder why you were ignored? You gave a hint as to
the real answer. To stomp on a mystery with a fact meant you were
an instant leper.

Johnny - you show promise, a chance there you wont be caught in
the lemming race.

As for the rest, a bit of crumpet to sooth the paranoia, since it
cannot be cured.: Do not worry if the government is
monitoring ATS. Rest assured they do this "off duty" as a
tension release. They got some really bad stuff to take care of
"on duty" and need a good laugh now and then.

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Seems silly until you yourself are on their radar.

Once you are, they listen, watch, follow, interview associates.

Even when it stops (it finally did for me) you'll never have the satisfaction of proof. There's no "Sorry about that".
Thats what sucks.

You said it all there, Rant. I was scrutinized for about a year in Hawaii, and the effects are hard to understand, unless you have been through the ordeal. It really pissed me off, I tried to fight it- but you cannot...My background in telecom, my world travels (all over the mid-east and UAE) and events that happened within the company I worked for led to this, by whatever agency it was (NSA I suspect). What pissed me off was the fact that I had not done anything-
The emotional and psycological impact this has on one is complicated to explain. I too, bailed out like you did- and when I came back to Alaska, the situation did not follow me, Thank God- I had enough of all the following and shadowing of my every move.
I was under constant eyes, by several different teams, and they went so far as to holding up large manilla envelopes to cover their face as I would get them twisted up and traffic and I would get beside them- or when they would drive by my condo and I would be in my little yard steet side and they would do the same-
I even tried to take them Dunkin donuts and coffee one morning- they hauled ass...
I still wish I knew why all the interest in me, I sum it up as to profile based on employment and countries traveled to. I certainly was no criminal. Much money was spent unnessesarily on shadowing me, though. 24 hrs. a day- 7 days a week, for almost a year.....
Was no coincidence that as I returned, on the jet in forward cabins, that an agent was sitting next to me...he finally spoke a little to the kid sitting in the seat next to us, and told him he was with the FAA.
I was so relieved inside, as we departrted Oahu, and as we banked around Hawaii Kai I flipped a bird out the window. The agent next to me was uptight at that action of mine, I could feel the tension-
If you are under scrutiny- there is nothing you can do. Bottom line. And they will use any means to determine your involvement or suspicion of same. Tracking devices, cell phones, minature chips, and I do not know how but blue light is also used for surveillance of structures- for I saw-

I would not tempt this action to be taken by the use of keywords- you do not want the humiliation, be assured-

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by Journey]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Four little words to put you on the list...

"Councel on Foreign Relations"
or "CFR"

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightwing

NetStorm - remember the story of the One-Eyed man in the land of the blind? Got crapped on he did. Reason is a form of humor to paranoia. Opps, hate to repeat the obvious.
/\/ight\/\/ing

And these words of wisdom are because?

And actually.. the One-Eyed man in the land of the blind...is king

What are you saying? That I am wrong because YOU know the truth?
What is the truth? Enlighten us please

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Dunkin Donuts and coffee... beautiful...

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
"And these words of wisdom are because?" - NetStorm

I post when I see something I like.

"And actually.. the One-Eyed man in the land of the blind...is king " - NetStorm

Thats the short version

"What are you saying? That I am wrong" - NetStorm

The simple clarity of statements you made seemed to make you apologetic
when challenged. You acknowledged this : "man I know I am going to get nailed for
that one" - NetStorm
I tried a shorthand way of explaining to a poster I was enjoying why he was being challenged.

"because YOU know the truth? What is the truth? Enlighten us please" - NetStorm

Sounds like an attempt to move this thread over to
the Religious and Spiritual Forums? I'm game. Where?

Move over, CarrierAnomaly......got my own coffee but
can I have one those donuts.....

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightwing
"And these words of wisdom are because?" - NetStorm

I post when I see something I like.

"And actually.. the One-Eyed man in the land of the blind...is king " - NetStorm

Thats the short version

"What are you saying? That I am wrong" - NetStorm

The simple clarity of statements you made seemed to make you apologetic
when challenged. You acknowledged this : "man I know I am going to get nailed for
that one" - NetStorm
I tried a shorthand way of explaining to a poster I was enjoying why he was being challenged.

"because YOU know the truth? What is the truth? Enlighten us please" - NetStorm

Sounds like an attempt to move this thread over to
the Religious and Spiritual Forums? I'm game. Where?

Move over, CarrierAnomaly......got my own coffee but
can I have one those donuts.....

As far as I can tell...there is no long version of "In the Land of the Blind"
"A one eyed man is King" Quote from Erasmus, 1469-1536. or latin if you prefer
In regione caecorum rex est luscus
I guess it all depends on how you want to interpert that saying.
www.pride-unlimited.com...

Glad you enjoyed my jolly good posts.
You forgot the smiley face on my quote.
I'll ask again;
should I just go along to go along?
Is not the whole reason of these boards to debate and provide info?
Or are they here for your amusement?
I made statements that are what I believe in.
Not YOU, ME
Explain the defict in that.
Seriously, if you have an education to offer me, say it. Please don't just attempt to make humorous remarks about what I write.

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza

I was curious as to this post also. Sounds as if we both experienced the turmoil -

Another thought I wish to share is this, think carefully about playing with keywords. You might get more than you want. I would never even consider doing it. Tis a stupid idea to be playing with such these days and times.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Glad you enjoyed my jolly good posts.
You forgot the smiley face on my quote. - NS

Omitted, not forgotten

I'll ask again;
should I just go along to go along? - NS

You tell me - you have been a member here
far longer than I.

Is not the whole reason of these boards to debate and provide info? - NS

The debate forum is less than 5 % of the content here.

Or are they here for your amusement? - NS

I confess I am entertained by the content here, and
you are not?

I made statements that are what I believe in.
Not YOU, ME
Explain the defict in that. - NS

Yes, you made clear statements - caught my attention.
The deficit is that you seemed apologetic for your
beliefs. Dont apologize until you KNOW you are wrong.

Seriously, if you have an education to offer me, say it. - NS

I just did.

Please don't just attempt to make humorous remarks about what I write. - NS

Humor makes learning fun, does it not, grasshopper?

/\/ight\/\/ing

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join