It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Their Listening, say the key words and see!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a couple of years ago while on the phone i decided to say a few key phrases on purpose and noticed that clicking noise for a few months afterwards.. i thought it was kind of funny considering they were wasting their time listening to me...

on another note, i must say, i am sick to death of a lot of people saying that the u.s. has too many freedoms.. well, if you go around comparing yourself to others your whole life, you will change your standards.. this country was not founded on the premise of too little freedom.. this country was founded on the premise of a new land.. with freedoms.. that it would be a land unlike any other...which is why we shouldn't compare it to any other country, for it will only become just like any other country.... we could all use those kinds of cop-outs for reasons not to stand up and speak out, but that is exactly the reason why this country is in a trying time...where most of the nation has been controlled by fear which plays into our survival instinct and makes us numb to fight back for the freedoms this country was founded on...i realize this is getting off topic, but a couple of the posts brought it up and i had to respond....you know, just because something has become a standard in most places in this world doesn't mean the u.s. should become a statistic as well...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
Ok, now I see where you are coming from. It's a very tricky thing at times to balance "for the good of the people" and "for the good of the nation" I think that at the time that the Patriot act was drawn up, there were a lot of scared,angry people who let fear control their thinking. HOPEFULLY we can get this balanced out and find a common ground we can all accept.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by NetStorm]

Exactly our government went way overboard but I'm afraid its going to get worse before it gets better. I think our government likes things the way they are after all they got no red tape to plow through, phone calls and lawyers just take up too much of their time meanwhile thats the only thing the accused has got to give him any form of protection. I never thought I would see the day when these two findamental rights were taken away but they were gone all in the stroke of a pen when the Patriot Act was signed by Pres. Bush.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
All I can say is wow, I never notice stuff like that, my phone could be clicking al lthe time, I never talk about bombs or anything just drugs...

I am going to try this tomorrow. not like I have anything to hide anymore.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pandora
a couple of years ago while on the phone i decided to say a few key phrases on purpose and noticed that clicking noise for a few months afterwards.. i thought it was kind of funny considering they were wasting their time listening to me...

on another note, i must say, i am sick to death of a lot of people saying that the u.s. has too many freedoms.. well, if you go around comparing yourself to others your whole life, you will change your standards.. this country was not founded on the premise of too little freedom.. this country was founded on the premise of a new land.. with freedoms.. that it would be a land unlike any other...which is why we shouldn't compare it to any other country, for it will only become just like any other country.... we could all use those kinds of cop-outs for reasons not to stand up and speak out, but that is exactly the reason why this country is in a trying time...where most of the nation has been controlled by fear which plays into our survival instinct and makes us numb to fight back for the freedoms this country was founded on...i realize this is getting off topic, but a couple of the posts brought it up and i had to respond....you know, just because something has become a standard in most places in this world doesn't mean the u.s. should become a statistic as well...

I'm sorry I don't think that anyone here has ever said we have too many freedoms. The point I was trying to make is that at times, freedoms may have to be exchanged for security and well being. And I am as patriotic as anyone here. As for comparing the US to other countries, I was trying to make the point, that WE DO have more freedom than most countries, and we should be grateful for them. Never meant that we should replace anything. Sorry if you misunderstood me.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
"freedoms may have to be exchanged for security "

either , you are part of the govt or a sheep in search of his shepard... come on...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Seems silly until you yourself are on their radar.

Once you are, they listen, watch, follow, interview associates.

Even when it stops (it finally did for me) you'll never have the satisfaction of proof. There's no "Sorry about that".

That's what sucks.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pandora
"freedoms may have to be exchanged for security "

either , you are part of the govt or a sheep in search of his shepard... come on...

So thats how it is huh? I'm either one of the "bad" guys or a lost soul seeking answers? Why because my opinions differ from yours?
I wish we could live in a perfect society, where we all got along and no one cared what the other did as long as it caused no harm or damage to anyone, but regretfully that will not happen for a long time, not until greed,poverty,hunger, hatred and so many other needs and are erased.
I may not agree with your opinions or ideas, but I will die defending your right to express those ideas and opinions.

Have a funny day

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yeah I've done that before, I said I had bombs and that I was going to kill Blair, and used all other sorts of words I thought would get their attention. No one came knocking at my door though.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Want some people knocking on your door?

Babylon, great darkness, the heat, leader, dead, allah akbar, birds, hell and paradise.

Tell them I told you

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
You were taped, your identity has been verified, your words were checked by sophisticated equipment.

And it all has ended like that.

You are not a threat to your country, so NSA doesn't give a deamn about you. You know you are watched, but until you are a "good citizen" you don't have to be concerned.

Of course, one small mistake, such as previously written visit at an anarchist site may make them watch you, but not for long. Until they are sure you are no threat.

The fact that we are always watched is kept from us. This sux. There should something be done to make NSA reveal this secret.

But this, I think, is for our own safety. If an actual mandman would make a phonecall, send an email in wich he would describe his plan to plant a bomb in your child's school and ECHELON would prevent it you would be thankful. If you knew about it. Propably ECHELON actually is effective in preventing such accidents.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You guys are a bit paranoid if you think that the NSA is really going to be "watching" you. There are many other "bad guys" out there that they have to worry about...you have to be involved with something specific before they start monitoring you. I know for a fact that my dad is watched by the fbi and cia...nsa who knows.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
one does wunder why 'they' would want to watch us...it's not like we are putting stuff together to overthrow the govt...that said..we are doing the next worst thing...providing info about things that 'they' want to keep hidden from the masses. as long as it is only a few 'extremists' who know, 'they' can keep it under control. one also needs to remeber that 'law enforcment officals' take thier job very seriously, even if what they are doing is useless, illegal or not right.
the thinking that it is/should be ok to loss some of our AMERICAN FREEDOMS in the name of national security is exactly what 'they' want. right now most of the inconveniece is in air travel but things have just got started. there was just a post about random vehical searches on dallas tollways..supreme court now says that cops don't need to wait for u to open your door if they come to your house, are all the flight cancelations because of the 'patriot act'??? sorry, i digreesed from topic....

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I work for a Telco Company and the clicks on the line you're describing usually accrue due to some defective equipment. It could be a T1 line taking errors somewhere on the network or more than likely a defective paragain unit in the field. I see these problems all the time and they are correctable. Report it out to the Telco.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Principal, Beehive, Bellhop, Bomb, Hercules, Eagle, I have a complete listing somewhere of most of the codeword's used by the secret service.. I say somewhere very loosly! There's a wine van parked in my road with a camera len's sticking out from under a tarpalin sheet.. I guess that's what they mean by UnderCover work.. About as covert as a bar of soap!

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have a weird story about this.
About 5-6 years ago, I was talking to my brother on phone.
Needless to say, we were talking about incredible spooky things!
From aliens, UFO's, angels and conspiracy stuff..

But then, after one of us said "americans" few times, some woman kicked in and said in commanding voice: "will you two stop already?" would be approximate translation, but it was more spooky.

Weird is I am in Croatia and I didn't think government here would be interested in tapping into phone like this.
I presume US is giving money to much of foreign countries to trace calls that mention them in any way, to protect against terrorists I guess..

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
You guys are a bit paranoid if you think that the NSA is really going to be "watching" you. There are many other "bad guys" out there that they have to worry about...you have to be involved with something specific before they start monitoring you. I know for a fact that my dad is watched by the fbi and cia...nsa who knows.

It's not that hard to make the radar friend. A new job at an airline, some Muslim friends, banking transactions over $10,000, a spattering of government contracts... I don't know which (if not all) were my triggers, but I hit the radar. This was right after 9/11.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
yes, they wont just simply start monitoring you for no reason or because you visit ats...and how do you know that you "hit the radar"?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
yes, they wont just simply start monitoring you for no reason or because you visit ats...and how do you know that you "hit the radar"?

I just did. Long story. Posted it before, but I'm aware (as are they) that describing the circumstances makes you seem crazy....So....

If I was wrong (which I wasn't) then I sure did screw up selling my business, abandoning my home (sold $100,000 under value) and leaving the area.

Basically, I remained under scrutiny until I sold a property beside CNN.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
the keyword list

Most of this stuff makes sense...

Still some of them just seem to be... Absurd, remember that files and recordings containing these words are verified.

ECHELON: America's Secret Global Surveillance Network

This is a great lecture.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
the forbidden words, ah yes i remember very well indeed. I wouldn't tell ATS members to say these words as, due to the new terrorism Acts, u can get in serious trouble

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join