It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Their Listening, say the key words and see!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Today while talking to my daughter we were having a conversation about Bush runnning again in 04 and then we went on to talking about bombs, (we were watching the news) planes, guns, (as in gun control) top secret, (I told her about this website) terrorists, etc., while talking we continually heard clicks, we had to laugh because of the movie (Conspiracy something)where Gene Hackman tells Will Smith about how there are certain key words and if you say them they record your conversation, well I think they got ours on tape, so tomorrow while talking to someone say a lot of what you think might be the key words and see if you also hear clicks, I think it is true somewhere they are listening! Let me know if you do.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Some of us are lucky enough to not have to say key words for the clicks to happen. For an 8 month period, every 60-90 seconds, my phone would do the clicks. My guess is this either occured because my web activity was tracked after visiting a few anarchist websites for protest ideas, or simply because I was identified at several protests, and was probably up to doing something "un-american". I will try out the key words you suggested, and maybe throw in something like anthrax, federal reserve board, dirty bomb, or something else that may be a keyword.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
well all i know is that the only way it would be legal is if she was out of the country, then the NSA is free to record what ever they want without getting any kind of warrant (scary isnt it)

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Yes very scary but we were both in the good old USA, anyway with the Patriot Act I think it is now legal, all they got to say is that they were monitoring for terrorist activity and any legal rights you or I have goes straight out the window and nobody gives a darn; besides do you really think it is matters to them if its legal?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
my phone service went out for unknown reasons about two weeks ago, the phone co said everything checked out ok, ever since then all i hear are clicks on my phone. i admit it...i'm proud to be a nut, my keyword for the day will be...allah

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I am not very familiar with the patriot act, although my impresion was that it was limited to public systems (ie. a library comp). How ever, even if it wasnt legal im sure they would/do break the law either way.

I just hope that who ever is listening is doing it for the right reasons - to keep america safe from OBL and company

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
in my opinion no one does anything for the right reasons.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Learning the hard way, seems to be the prefured way of learning.

How about that peaceful assembly?

What, like anyone has something better to do.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
wow razor you are offly pessimistic

I agree many times people do the wrong things, even if they have the right intentions (see democratic party)

however, seeing as how the only thing i do that might interest our nations spy network is chatting about some new weapons in our arsenal, and the occasional ET, im not too worried. If they are keeping tabs on me, we are probably in good shape

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
ok, i'm sorry i should of worded it differently. i just don't believe the government keeping tabs on me or you is really any benifit to the american citizens, i don't trust the government.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Lets all say key words and add to the "chatter"...try some key words and once you hear a click say something specific and watch the flights get canceled on CNN.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamaship
Lets all say key words and add to the "chatter"...try some key words and once you hear a click say something specific and watch the flights get canceled on CNN.

Hey don't get yourself in trouble saying something too specific might get you arrested? I just wanted to make sure that I'm correct and they are listening which is why I thought of this little experiment but I sure don't want to get anyone in trouble, I don't got no bail money now. lol

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The NSA has been listening for years to phone, radio, cell etc. Not just since 9-11.
www.interesting-people.org...

jya.com...

www.davidmbrown.com...

there are several more links.
Google NSA listens to phone calls

People, at some point in time, you have to realize that NOT ALL of the govt is "out to get us".
I would much rather have someone listen in on my phone call ocassionally than have to MAKE SURE I have all necessary documentation to walk down the street at night. (If that doesn't make sense I will explain)

I grew up in a foreign DEMOCRATIC country. However due to that countrys internal problems, the MILITARY POLICE could and would stop you when walking on the street at ANYTIME. IF you did not have your "papers" you would be taken to a collection center and sorted out . Once they established that you were "ligit" they would release you, however the time between being picked up and released, was not necessarly a walk through the park.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Wow what country are you from?

it just goes to show how spoiled us yanks are

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Well I was born here in the states (New Mexico, about 50 miles from Roswell, little town called Hobbs) Then when I was 6 we moved to Colombia South America, lived there until I was 21.
And you are right, a lot of americans have no idea how MUCH freedom they really have compared to other democratic and non democratic countries.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
The NSA has been listening for years to phone, radio, cell etc. Not just since 9-11.
www.interesting-people.org...

jya.com...

www.davidmbrown.com...

there are several more links.
Google NSA listens to phone calls

People, at some point in time, you have to realize that NOT ALL of the govt is "out to get us".
I would much rather have someone listen in on my phone call ocassionally than have to MAKE SURE I have all necessary documentation to walk down the street at night. (If that doesn't make sense I will explain)

I grew up in a foreign DEMOCRATIC country. However due to that countrys internal problems, the MILITARY POLICE could and would stop you when walking on the street at ANYTIME. IF you did not have your "papers" you would be taken to a collection center and sorted out . Once they established that you were "ligit" they would release you, however the time between being picked up and released, was not necessarly a walk through the park.

Yes but in all of those articles all of the calls are international and yes I think that most of us suspected that all or most international calls were maybe listened to but most of us were not aware that our domestic calls are being listened to. I realize what you are saying but when the very rights we are told we have, are being trampled on so that we still have those rights, well do we have any rights at all. Currently all our rights are being slowly taken away in the name of anti-terrorism, when the truth is what we were doing was already effective. It was basically a breakdown in communication between the NSA, the FBI, the CIA that allowed 911 to happen but as a result of their lapse in communication we all are paying the price, the very rights we hold so dear are being eroded away all in the name of anti-terrorism. If we lose these rights the terrorist do not have to strike another blow our own government is doing it all for them.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I agree with what you are saying also Sir, but sometimes, we may need to let our rights be trampled on a little bit, to assure the good of the nation.
(man I know I am going to get nailed for that one
)
Even with what goes on today, we still have far more rights as citizens than most countries in the world. I am sure that if the goverment gets really carried away, we will step up and defend those rights....it happened before...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I agree with you that i would be willing to give up certain rights for the good of the country but since 911 we are losing our rights at an alarming rate and more and more are falling at the wayside all in the name of anti-terrorism. And many people don't even seem aware of it, after all since it does not affect them yet they don't seem to notice. They see these rights as something that is being taken away from terrorist they don't seem to be aware that it affects them also. Like before if the police suspected you of terrorism they could arrest you but they also had to provide you with a lawyer and charge you or let you go within so many days, they also had to let you have a phone call, well now they can come and get you lock you up for as long as they feel like and question you without benefit of a lawyer and no phone call, so in fact they can come and take you away and they do not have to provide your family with any notification of where you are, people have been locked up for months for no reason. I don't think that I want to give up my right to counsel or to a phone call to notify my family of where I am but under the patriot act they do not have to answer to anyone for your detainment for months or even years. Giving up our rights is not for anyone protection.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Ok, now I see where you are coming from. It's a very tricky thing at times to balance "for the good of the people" and "for the good of the nation" I think that at the time that the Patriot act was drawn up, there were a lot of scared,angry people who let fear control their thinking. HOPEFULLY we can get this balanced out and find a common ground we can all accept.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Lets test it now in ATS chat!!!! Everyone come in now to test it out!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join