It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery revealed: Poppy quarter led to U.S. spy warnings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Mystery revealed: Poppy quarter led to U.S. spy warnings

www.theglobeandmail.com

WASHINGTON — The surprise explanation behind the U.S. government's sensational but false warnings about mysterious Canadian spy coins is the harmless poppy quarter, the world's first colorized coin.

They were so unfamiliar to suspicious U.S. army contractors travelling in Canada that they filed confidential espionage accounts about them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

What a wonderful world. I have a dozen or so of these coins which I saved because they were so unusual. Now I can sleep at night knowing every word spoken at my house wasn't recorded by the CSIS.

www.theglobeandmail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to add pic of quarter

[edit on 7/5/07 by masqua]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

They were so unfamiliar to suspicious U.S. army contractors travelling in Canada that they filed confidential espionage accounts about them.

Idiots.

They should get out more.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
They're scared of middle school girls talking smack about them, haha, the whole US presidency, and their secret agencies are so frightened of everything, it's hillarious!!!!

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Just imagine if they had asked a Canadian about the coin, or better yet phoned the Cnd, Mint

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
But, Sauron... can any Canadian be trusted?

BTW... there's a fairly good little vid provided in the link. I'll edit it here, if I can get it to work. It's neither a Google nor YouTube vid, so I'll just provide a LINK

[edit on 7/5/07 by masqua]

top topics

join