It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Lake Van Monster Video = Japanese?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Last year a group of Japanese journalists supposedly captured new footage of the -not-so-famous Lake Van monster in Turkey.

Article

Hideyuki said when they completed their research and returned to Van, they witnessed a monster-like body swimming in the lake about 300 meters offshore and captured the event on film.

I've been patiently waiting for the footage to surface, with no luck. Well, we may be up for a bit of a disappointment. The following video recently surfaced. Everything is in Turkish thus I have no idea what's going on or what it's about, the source is apparently also in Turkish, which could possibly be a news site - or rather a tabloid?

Anyway, the monster in the video is very much a fake, but clearly a lot of time and effort has gone into the video and the monster. We get to see "non-blurry" footage of the elusive lake monster, and as an added bonus we get to see it overturn a rubber duck (small boat) and eat a diver.

The reason why I mentioned the Japanese is because the video reminds of a typical Japanese Monster video, like the original Godzilla. I'm curious whether the Japanese "journalists" had anything to do with this video, and if this is the video I've been holding my breath for. (Although the news article said that the murky images were not conclusive...)

If a member that speaks Turkish could be so kind as to clear up what the video is really about...?

PSP

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well, this aint a lakemonster, it was an robot dressed like an Nessie.

I saw this a long time ago on discovery but then in America, they where doing the same thing just to scare some cevilians on a beach, and there where really scared and freightnent.

Also it really looked like that monster on the japanese one but then much more like nessie, without any spikes on his back.
It was an really succes.

I couldnt find any results of that discovery episode on google. Maybe somebody else has that.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

More "sightings"; most notably the last one. It was filmed by Unal Kozak and has received much criticism. If you notice, there's a blackish eye that blinks once during the video and bubbles coming from the front as if the creature is exhaling. My opinion would be that it's an elephant.
Screen shot of "Lake Van Monster":

Picture of a swimming elephant:

A little deeper in the water, you know what I mean. The color seems to be about the same and the trunk could be misleading as a long neck.

However that brings up another question; are there elephants near Lake Van?

After 20 minutes of looking up this strange question, I've come up with nothing. I guess "Turkey" "Armenia" and "elephants" are simply not relevent. Which raises even more questions. Just a thought. Any good researchers willing to find more information on the wildlife near Lake Van?

The giant, stiff serpentine mechanism in the video you posted is a prop used to demonstrate what the monster is described to look like by the witnesses, not the actual thing.

Obviously, someone can not film a bloodthirsty monster that's overturning boats. Or moving underwater at such a close distance. If it were that easy, we'd have conclusive evidence right there. Also, a living serpent can't rotate on its axis (0:53-0:55) unless it's man-made.

PSP

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I thought i saw that on discovery, it was an fake model of nessie, and the bubbels are actualy from pompts that keeping him down underwater and there are scooperdivers that make him swim around.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
More "sightings"; most notably the last one. It was filmed by Unal Kozak and has received much criticism. If you notice, there's a blackish eye that blinks once during the video and bubbles coming from the front as if the creature is exhaling. My opinion would be that it's an elephant.
However that brings up another question; are there elephants near Lake Van?
Which raises even more questions. Just a thought. Any good researchers willing to find more information on the wildlife near Lake Van?

Ah yes. The original Lake Van video is one of my personal favourite videos, and also the reason I'm so interested in the Lake Van monster. (It lead to this thread being created - as well as the Tinwiki entry on the monster - which reminds me that I should update the article...)

The long and short is - as you've also discovered - that there aren't any elephants in or near (Lake) Van. Nor hippos.

Jan Sundberg, Expedition Leader of GUST (Global Underwater Search Team) said he was going to "hunt down" (i.e. look for) the Lake Van Monster, but at the stage that we spoke he didn't want to go because of "political unrest" in Turkey. Maybe it's time I query that promise as well?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PSP
I thought i saw that on discovery, it was an fake model of nessie, and the bubbels are actualy from pompts that keeping him down underwater and there are scooperdivers that make him swim around.

I remember the show. Yeah, they created a state-of-the-art robotic "Loch Ness" to see if they could fool campers. It was a BBC porduction though.

In 2004, a documentary team for Channel 5 (primarily consisting of special effects experts from movies) deliberately tried to make people believe there was something in the loch. They constructed an elaborate animatronic model. Despite setbacks, it was a success, and numerous sightings were reported on the day, in the very places they conducted the hoaxes

Source
The Monster Lucy

PSP

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Yeah, and maybe the did this trick in on that clip to.
So just to fool people and later get media attention, it looks clear to me, a hoax.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the picture of the 'Lake Van Monster' is not an elephant. Examine the pictures again:

Notice how high the 'eye' on the Van monster is to the top of the head, then look at the distance between the elephant's eye and the top of it's head. There's at least four times as much space between them. PLus the head doesn't have the same structure that appears in ALL elephants regardless of species. They all share similar head structures which the Van monster clearly doesn't have.

[edit on 8/5/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Intriguing head and eye on that thing, whatever it is. Found this thread while searching for something else so thought I'd bump it and see if there is any new info.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Here is my argument to the case, and in support of JackofBlades' statements:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I don't see how you drawing *doesn't show* that it is an elephant?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I uh kinda outlined it to show that the lines naturally don't flow to form a real elephant shape just the abstract idea of one.

top topics

join